• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

Remember, tomorrow is the start of Beat By Contest. The official stream will be here:

http://www.own3d.tv/live/26576/Beatbycontest

Team Sp00ky will be re-streaming with English commentary:

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky

NSB will also re-streaming, in Japanese of course:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nsb

Saturday will be the team tournament, while Sunday will be singles. For both days, free play is scheduled to start at 10 AM GMT+1 (4 AM EST), while the tourney will start an hour later.

Singles Brackets
Pool 1 - Mago
Pool 2 - Evans
Pool 3 - Tokido, Dawgtanian
Pool 4 - Ryan Hart, Starnab
Pool 5 - Sako, Fuma, WorstGiefEVER
Pool 6 - VRyu, Dieminion
Pool 7 - Alioune, LordDVD
Pool 8 - Luffy, Kayane

Alright, I finally got around to playing some Mahvel 3 last night, it's alright. I'm enjoying learning a new fighter, but dat Supa will always be my first love.

Imm0rt4l said:
Latif is at 78 wins now, I didn't know he reached grandmaster rank.
Second American to hit it. The first was Wolfkrone.

I think he hit it a day or two after Wolfkrone.

Also, I'm done with Capcom Fighters after next week. Just realized that they all are trash.

B-Dex

So I have SFIV, never got SSFIV, been playing lots of Mahvel lately and wanting to get back into more fighters.

Should I get SSFIV now?

Is that AE update gonna be dlc or do you think another disc release?

B-Dex said:
So I have SFIV, never got SSFIV, been playing lots of Mahvel lately and wanting to get back into more fighters.

Should I get SSFIV now?

Is that AE update gonna be dlc or do you think another disc release?
New rumor says it's going to be a disc release. I'd say hold off until after the 3DS release when Capcom says something official.

Kimosabae

Banned
_dementia said:
If AE is DLC, would you snap your console in half? :eek:

Superman... phonebook... something, something.

Nah, but while Super pisses me off, more of my frustration comes with stick execution lately. Losing to a srubby Ken because I dropped a Burn Kick input in a mixup situation that would seal the deal max me rage.

Rocwell

Kimosabae said:
Yeah, forget that one post I just snapped my Super disc in half.
This is the second person whose done this that I've heard of in this thread. How are you people able to sustain your rage long enough to accomplish this? I can understand breaking a controller in frustration because it's close at hand and kind of reactionary, but snapping a disc in half you have to get up, walk over to the console, press eject, grab the disc and then snap it in half.

When I get super pissed I usually jump up and down, curse like a madman and kick furniture for a few seconds and I can tolerate life again.

I think the other dude might have used a hammer actually which is some cold premeditated shit. :lol

Kimosabae

Banned
Rocwell said:
This is the second person whose done this that I've heard of in this thread. How are you people able to sustain your rage long enough to accomplish this? I can understand breaking a controller in frustration because it's close at hand and kind of reactionary, but snapping a disc in half you have to get up, walk over to the console, press eject, grab the disc and then snap it in half.

When I get super pissed I usually jump up and down, curse like a madman and kick furniture for a few seconds and I can tolerate life again.

I think the other dude might have used a hammer actually which is some cold premeditated shit. :lol

Well, what really happened: I went to switch Super for Marvel and somewhat casually flung the Super disc to the side to pathetically show it my disgust. The disc frisbeed into a nearby wall at a velocity that was enough to unwittingly crack it. I heard what sounded like a piece of shrapnel hit the tile, so I went to observe the disc. Noticing it was damaged beyond repair, I ultimately decided to wrangle whatever satisfaction I could from the occurrence and bent the disc until it resembled a hard taco shell.

lol Kimosabae...

Sticks thrown in the garbage, discs snapped in half. The rage is strong here.

I miss SSF4 already. 3-day weekend, so I gotta give some love to SSF4...

Threi

notag
Rocwell said:
I won't say I can't relate...i've come REALLY close to doing the same as well (breaking the disc in half).

I would say...don't rebuy the game, and if it happened in SSF4 it's bound to happen in MvC3 as well.

Rocwell said:

I think the worst I've ever done was yell into a pillow. I stop playing long before I get to that point usually though.

MIMIC

Banned
Kimosabae said:
Yeah, forget that one post I just snapped my Super disc in half.

Haha....damn. My roommate would always joke about that when we would play Halo.

Also....seriously, what is it with Ryus that leave whether they win or lose? I played one and squeaked out a win and messaged him this very sentiment. He really annoyed me so I kinda rubbed his nose in it after he called me a combo-less n00b or something. Idiot doesn't even know that Fuerte isn't a "combo character" like Ryu or Dudley or other characters with a bunch of combo options.

And speaking of Dudley, I beat....no, I got a PERFECT on a 20K Dudley. :) His execution was deadly but round 2 was mine for the taking :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
_dementia said:
New rumor says it's going to be a disc release.

*ahem*

Capcom better not fucking be releasing AE as disc only... yet again.

Otherwise I'm selling Super, and flying to California to shit in every Capcom employee's Cheerios every morning for the rest of their lives.

TheSeks said:
*ahem*

Capcom better not fucking be releasing AE as disc only... yet again.

Otherwise I'm selling Super, and flying to California to shit in every Capcom employee's Cheerios every morning for the rest of their lives.

You might as well start taking a heavy dose of fiber pills, because you're going to need alot of shit.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
USD said:
Remember, tomorrow is the start of Beat By Contest. The official stream will be here:

http://www.own3d.tv/live/26576/Beatbycontest

Team Sp00ky will be re-streaming with English commentary:

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky

NSB will also re-streaming, in Japanese of course:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nsb

Saturday will be the team tournament, while Sunday will be singles. For both days, free play is scheduled to start at 10 AM GMT+1 (4 AM EST), while the tourney will start an hour later.

Singles Brackets
Pool 1 - Mago
Pool 2 - Evans
Pool 3 - Tokido, Dawgtanian
Pool 4 - Ryan Hart, Starnab
Pool 5 - Sako, Fuma, WorstGiefEVER
Pool 6 - VRyu, Dieminion
Pool 7 - Alioune, LordDVD
Pool 8 - Luffy, Kayane

Should make the thread.

I might be streaming PSN Endless late tonight if anybody is up for it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Errrrrr...yeah. Totally not feeling MVC3. Was really open-minded about making the transition from MVC2 to TVC-like controls but damn, it just feels....weird.

I think learning SFIV and stuff about fundamentals makes me appreciate it more. It just feels more rewarding playing Super. MVC3 will probably be offline only for me.

Any PSN Gaf Chat-ers wants to play in some lobbies, I can stream it now.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I can stream all night, I've done it last weekend. If I want to go do something else, I can just leave it running. I still have things to do before I sit down and relax but if you guys want a lobby to play in right now.

As you may have noticed I'm also not feeling Marvel 3. I'm sticking with SF till the end. As for the PSN GAF room, I should be on later, at least for a little while.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
black_vegeta said:
You might as well start taking a heavy dose of fiber pills, because you're going to need alot of shit.

There's no reason character models of 4 characters, their move data, and balance changes can't be a 2-5 gig patch. None.

If they pull the same "B-B-BUT WE'RE REALLY FUTURE PROOF THIS TIME! PROMISE!" bullshit they did SF4->SSF4, they can consider me a non-consumer of all their fighting games from now on.

It's 2011. There is no fucking excuse to not having patch/balance ability in your fighting games. None.

Odd how in Blaz it's the other way around. Balance = free, characters = paid.

Not so odd when you consider Arc System Works gets it and Capcom is still living in the 90's.

Hell, Arc System Works gets it with Contra, FFS. So they're one of the last few competent Japanese developers out there it seems.

hitsugi

TheSeks said:
There's no reason character models of 4 characters, their move data, and balance changes can't be a 2-5 gig patch. None.

If they pull the same "B-B-BUT WE'RE REALLY FUTURE PROOF THIS TIME! PROMISE!" bullshit they did SF4->SSF4, they can consider me a non-consumer of all their fighting games from now on.

Yeah it would be pretty hypocritical of them to release a AE as disc-only after the whole "with SSFIV - we can do everything via DLC, etc" thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom