• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
so am I still the only lonely madman left who thinks super/AE will be announced on pc during the Captivate event? ( or w/e it's called ) :[

SmokeMaxX

Joekage said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdVSiJg5YY8

Hey Guys, this here is a video of the events that took place at ARK 3 filmed by Snootch, a local player who also filmed Absolute Battle. ARK 3 is pretty much Arkansas's biggest fighting game tournament. We had J Wong in the building along with SmokeMaxx, who pretty much made all of this possible, and other big hitters such as myself TWG TostitoSalsa, TWG Arthur, Xi Weng aka Mike Weng aka Daigo Jr aka wake up sweep and for Marvel we had Toan from Dallas as well.

The event was amazing, and was lots of fun. Thought you guys might like it. Check out 1:25 to see Smokemaxx getting hype after finally winning a match...
Psssh, finally winning a match? I was on the verge of OCVing the second place team sir. I got hype when Sippy Cup Browns decided to meaty me and eat wake-up Ultra. Guess he doesn't know how we do in Arkansas.

Earlier I spent some time online playing ranked on Live and PSN to ensure that my PP was over 3000 in both versions. It didn't take long because I was 2900 in one, and 2800 in the other. Now I'm barely over 3000 in both, I'm ready to join that elite club when AE comes out. Now you can all follow my adventures in spamming cross ups, kara throws, wake up DP's, and not being able to anti air.

V_Arnold

one_kill said:
I still haven't gotten used to playing others online as evidenced by my 33% win rate. Any tips for someone who uses Akuma?

Get comfortable with a few mixups, practice that against players -> key to win, imho.

SmokeMaxX

one_kill said:
I still haven't gotten used to playing others online as evidenced by my 33% win rate. Any tips for someone who uses Akuma?
Depends what you want to do. If you just want to up your win % in the easiest possible way... jump back air fireball, jump back air fireball, teleport, teleport, jump back air fireball, etc.

one_kill said:
I would worry about winning only after getting used to playing people online. It might help if you play a really long set against a friend or something in endless so you can relax and try things out.

MIMIC

Banned
Fuerte mirror matches become so much more entertaining when both Fuerte's do the run > jump > taunt at the beginning of the match

It's like our own little shit tier secret handshake =p

VIVA MEXICO!

USD

Now that I think about it, June is going to be packed for tournaments. CEO 2011 and Revelations both in one weekend. A week later, NorCal Regionals (tentative date). A week after that, East Coast Throwdown 3 and Shadowloo Showdown 2011 (in Australia). All of this huddled around the supposed release date for the AE DLC.

rivals

Really excited about NorCal Regionals, the tentative location is the city I live in :D

EDIT: Does anyone have tips for mastering plink execution? I can do it a large portion of the time (90%, I'd say) but I main Rufus and botching the plink input is the main reason I drop his bnb. I'm setting myself lab goals of things like hitting it 30x in a row but into two days of 1-2 hours of working on just plinking, I'm finding it hard to get much past 20 and more often than not it's more like only 10-15x in a row. I want/need to get his bnb to the point where I don't drop it but that's also going to mean I need to be pretty much perfect on plink execution. Should I make my goal more reasonable in terms of "reps' (keep it around 15-20) then try to do that 3x in a session or something as if I were working out? Just trying to figure out what's going to work best because spending so much time on just this is a little disheartening.

USD

Was just watching the archived Project-Failure tourney from last weekend and heard NerdJosh tell this story:

NerdJosh said:
So Arturo went to the Break in the trunk of a car, won that shit free, then he said, "Let me get shotgun." They said, "Nah, 20 bucks." He said, "Open the trunk," and he got in there yo. I talked to him on IRC the whole way on his phone yo. It was godlike.

This was during the SSFIV Grand Finals (Sanford Kelly (Sagat) vs MarlinPie (Cammy). Jump to 12:20 for the story, though I wrote it out word-for-word). You can also check out the MvC3 Grand Finals, NerdJosh (She-Hulk/Taskmaster/Tron) vs Chris G (Amaterasu/Ryu/Wesker) here.

mbmonk

Ribbon said:
lol took me off your friends list because it's no fun for everybody else when you only play one character?

If you care for specifics I would suggest sending me a PM. There is no need for this to be discussed in this thread. I doubt others care to read about this issue instead of Street Fighter.

Good luck and best wishes.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
2dv8voj.gif

Goodbye, Makoto-getting-her-ass-whooped avatar. You shall be missed.

Leave the memories alooooooooooooooooooooooooone

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Played random select in ranked for a while. I could swear I got Bison, Ibuki and Fuerte way more than any other character. Something about playing random select makes me care even less than I normally do when I lose. It's actually pretty fun and stress free, as long as you don't mind losing a few points when you get a character you don't know how to play.

DR2K

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Goodbye, Makoto-getting-her-ass-whooped avatar. You shall be missed.

Leave the memories alooooooooooooooooooooooooone

It's for the best considering AE Mokoto is on her way.

My girlfriend just broke up with me for good......and it sucks bad.

and I just wanted to come in here and say, that all of you I still consider my close friends and family. I dont have many friends in RL nor family. I havent been around for a while due to playing with the cen cal crew and stuff. but GAF is still my home, i love y'all, and i cant wait to see you all at EVO this year. GAF SSF4 i know always got my back......i'll buy y'all a drink at evo when i see y'all.

Dammit b1gg, I was just gonna post that hahahaha

Better quality here

@EC: Long time no see, man. I feel the same way about all you people on here, as well. Sorry to hear you broke up with your girl, though...

the_log_ride said:
lol man that scene is so good...
EraldoCoil said:
My girlfriend just broke up with me for good......and it sucks bad.

and I just wanted to come in here and say, that all of you I still consider my close friends and family. I dont have many friends in RL nor family. I havent been around for a while due to playing with the cen cal crew and stuff. but GAF is still my home, i love y'all, and i cant wait to see you all at EVO this year. GAF SSF4 i know always got my back......i'll buy y'all a drink at evo when i see y'all.

Sorry to hear bout that EraldoCoil :(

the_log_ride said:

Better quality here

@EC: Long time no see, man. I feel the same way about all you people on here, as well. Sorry to hear you broke up with your girl, though...

if you make it to evo this year, me, you gonna get a drink. hito, can come too. so can everyone else that goes.....lol

God's Beard said:
There are other sf players in cen cal?

me, XSK Samurai, Mike Chow, Cynistar, Nitropoint, Quicksilver, Emperor Cous Cous, Phantam, DV8, Fobi_O, Blahguy

a few more, those are the top guys though, most have made at least top 16 before at a major, samurai and chow have gotten top 8 and have won a few.

we play together every Wed. Fri. occassionaly saturday if we dont go to a tournament.

rivals

By cen cal are you guys talking inland or coast? I definitely didn't know anyone else into fg's when I was on the coast.

rivals

Fuck, I just moved back up to the bay area after living in SLO for like 6 years (just graduated, I took a break for a year and a half). My girlfriend used to work at gamestop and I met one dude who posted on SRK but he was a Tekken player. I probably wouldn't have lost interest so quickly all 2 or 3 times I got back into SF while I was living down there if I knew there was anyone else.

CenCal = Fresno

we'll be starting up a website soon too so keep on the lookout.

working on weekly streams and a few other things so, i'll keep y'all posted.

As far as I'm concerned, anything near San Fran is norcal, anything near LA is SoCal.

rivals said:
Fuck, I just moved back up to the bay area after living in SLO for like 6 years (just graduated, I took a break for a year and a half). My girlfriend used to work at gamestop and I met one dude who posted on SRK but he was a Tekken player. I probably wouldn't have lost interest so quickly all 2 or 3 times I got back into SF while I was living down there if I knew there was anyone else.

Damn. Thems the breaks.

EraldoCoil said:
We're 3 hours away from both SF and LA....right in the middle.

Hence CenCal....

I always thought of Fresno as apart of NorCal. I use to live in Stockton and I think the trip to Fresno was only about an hour and a half.

rivals

God's Beard said:
As far as I'm concerned, anything near San Fran is norcal, anything near LA is SoCal.

Damn. Thems the breaks.

Yeah Fresno is pretty much directly east of SLO, just take 41 or whatever. In any case, yeah, I'm bummed that I've dropped SF as many times as I have, but at least now I'm sticking with it and hopefully getting more involved in the bay area scene. It's too good not to take advantage of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom