• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbmonk

If there are any other fellow low level players for SSF4 on PS3 please feel free to add me on PSN. I am on the east coast in the US.

My PSN ID is the same as my gaf user name. I would appreciate it :p

EDIT: High level players can add me as well. But I am terrible at the game so you have been warned!!

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Went to Arcade UFO tonight and got bodied (but stole a round) against an Evil Ryu and Oni player. Evil Ryu has some nasty combos using that over head kick.

... and I should've beaten that Oni :(

Papi said:

LTTP, but how did they afford to get all these killers to there tournament. Yes I'm sure flying from Japan to Australia is not as expensive as it is to come to the US, but still, that's a total of 14 international players. Not only did they get the well known arcade players, they also got 2 guys who basically became internet sensations via ShinAkuma's youtube page. Australia has a really tough challenge ahead of them now. Winning the tournament was hard enough, but it's not far fetched to think that they may not even get one guy into top 8 with all these top international players.

Lost Fragment said:
Why? Because Daigo would want it to be? Seems silly to run AE purely because of one player's preference, even if that player is Daigo.

Why? I think it's more because that's what the community wants. I have no data for this, but I'm pretty sure if you poll all the players, they're going to want AE over Super. I know I do and I'm sure most of GAF SSF4 do as well(blow me up if I'm wrong though). If AE comes out on a Wednesday, and I have a local tournament to attend the coming Saturday, I'd still want AE over Super without question. I'm sure all the Majors happening after AE will run AE, so it'll be strange if EVO doesn't do the same.

simtmb

Rice-Eater said:
LTTP, but how did they afford to get all these killers to there tournament. Yes I'm sure flying from Japan to Australia is not as expensive as it is to come to the US, but still, that's a total of 14 international players. Not only did they get the well known arcade players, they also got 2 guys who basically became internet sensations via ShinAkuma's youtube page. Australia has a really tough challenge ahead of them now. Winning the tournament was hard enough, but it's not far fetched to think that they may not even get one guy into top 8 with all these top international players.

I'm from AUS, this tourney will be hype. But i dislike how they're basically just stacking the tournament for what seems to be, just an attempt at getting more exposure.

Either way, it'll all be experience for players of this country, as the dudes coming represent there respective character(s) as good as it gets, though it'd feel disappointing if the top 8 are international players only.

That's the reason i feel like this, but whatever helps the community here grow is all good, just too bad I'll be out of the country during the time it's on xD

abstract alien said:
Someone booted me out of a room this morning and accused me of having a fake account when I waxed his ass with Claw! How dare he! Its ok, I took the mask and the claw off while I beat him up.

Got naked! :^)

That was amazing lol
are you the reason they nerfed claw?

BadWolf

Also in the camp that wants AE at EVO, I want to see new stuff happening.

Daigo not wanting to play anything but AE makes sense since not only has he been putting a ton of time into it he also uses a completely different character, unlike Mago, Tokido, Gamerbee etc.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Shadowloo said the tournament would be AE regardless of whether or not it was released on the consoles, since they're doing 3S on arcade cabinets they should have no problem doing AE on them as well if it comes down to it. So maybe Daigo will attend.

Ribbon

mbmonk said:
If there are any other fellow low level players for SSF4 on PS3 please feel free to add me on PSN. I am on the east coast in the US.

My PSN ID is the same as my gaf user name. I would appreciate it :p

EDIT: High level players can add me as well. But I am terrible at the game so you have been warned!!

I'll add you. I've got 180 pp.

Kimosabae

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Why? Because Daigo would want it to be? Seems silly to run AE purely because of one player's preference, even if that player is Daigo.

To add to what Rice expounded on; you seem to be exhibiting a knee-jerk, misplaced sense of pride regarding Daigo. Like it or not, Daigo is a HUGE draw when it comes to any tournament, let alone the largest Western event of the year. I'm Evo would be quite large without him, but hype and interest would be noticeably diminished internationally and among spectators.

Not to say Daigo would not attend EVO if it weren't AE, but who knows for sure outside Madcatz?

Joekage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdVSiJg5YY8

Hey Guys, this here is a video of the events that took place at ARK 3 filmed by Snootch, a local player who also filmed Absolute Battle. ARK 3 is pretty much Arkansas's biggest fighting game tournament. We had J Wong in the building along with SmokeMaxx, who pretty much made all of this possible, and other big hitters such as myself TWG TostitoSalsa, TWG Arthur, Xi Weng aka Mike Weng aka Daigo Jr aka wake up sweep and for Marvel we had Toan from Dallas as well.

The event was amazing, and was lots of fun. Thought you guys might like it. Check out 1:25 to see Smokemaxx getting hype after finally winning a match and check out right afterwards to see me playing Mike Weng's Akuma in teams and punishing his sweep with Cody's U2 and getting hype as hell haha. Everyone around was crying random ultra when it was obviously a punish :(. But it's cool, I was the only one able to bring J Wong out and make him actually play so I'm happy haha.

Axis

Joekage said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdVSiJg5YY8

Hey Guys, this here is a video of the events that took place at ARK 3 filmed by Snootch, a local player who also filmed Absolute Battle. ARK 3 is pretty much Arkansas's biggest fighting game tournament. We had J Wong in the building along with SmokeMaxx, who pretty much made all of this possible, and other big hitters such as myself TWG TostitoSalsa, TWG Arthur, Xi Weng aka Mike Weng aka Daigo Jr aka wake up sweep and for Marvel we had Toan from Dallas as well.

The event was amazing, and was lots of fun. Thought you guys might like it. Check out 1:25 to see Smokemaxx getting hype after finally winning a match and check out right afterwards to see me playing Mike Weng's Akuma in teams and punishing his sweep with Cody's U2 and getting hype as hell haha. Everyone around was crying random ultra when it was obviously a punish :(. But it's cool, I was the only one able to bring J Wong out and make him actually play so I'm happy haha.

why are you so tall, joe?

~Devil Trigger~ said:

faith in AE cammy restored, lets fucking go!

Joekage said:
I think Daigo (like myself) isn't really worried about the money factor of tournaments. I mean, to me it's an added bonus to displaying my skill and showing that I am one of the best, the financial aspect of tournaments doesn't really matter at all to me, until afterwards when I can actually use it I guess. I mean, I'm sure the money is a draw but for someone who plays the game to get better/find new challenges/test themselves, I'm not sure money is as big a factor.

That's pretty admirable actually.

rivals

Just got back from getting bodied at AE at Milpitas Golfland. It was fun but holy shit I'm terrible. Time to hit the lab.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
rivals said:
Just got back from getting bodied at AE at Milpitas Golfland. It was fun but holy shit I'm terrible. Time to hit the lab.

how long is the wait these days? i stopped going cuz of the 1 1/2 hr wait between matches. :\

rivals

It really wasn't bad. It wasn't arcade mania, we were there like 2 1/2 hours (from 2-4:30) and I got in 7 matches and lost each one. I can't imagine how it is during arcade mania with only one setup though. I'm gonna be there at least once a week so I'll be looking for when it's empty.

Imm0rt4l said:
6s akuma is pretty nice, I'd like to see his evil ryu in action.

I just want to see a really good Evil Ryu period(although seeing 6's or Kindevu's would be even better). I thought that would happen when he was released. But footage of a good Evil Ryu in actual matches still hasn't happened yet. A few videos of decent players have surfaced, but the rest are just flat out horrible. Hopefully some good Evil Ryu player footage starts surfacing soon just to help pass the time.

It may not be likely but man I hope we get that DLC by at least next month. So we can start figuring out the new characters and see what they can do for ourselves.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
stabicron7 said:
Not that impressed. For one that Cammy player seemed to be fighting some really bad players from what I was seeing.
im no expert on Cammy but it seems like she can press any 3 button consecutively and get a combo

Edgeward

~Devil Trigger~ said:

Was he able to link ultra off of a non-counterhit cr hp on the Fei player at 7:00? I don't even want to do research to find out, cause I want it to be true so badly. ;_;

Really liked how he poked on the gief player with st jb to cr mk, be a good poke/pressure option. And I never seen so many st rh thrown around, it's like cvs2.

vissione

Banned
Edgeward said:
Was he able to link ultra off of a non-counterhit cr hp on the Fei player at 7:00? I don't even want to do research to find out, cause I want it to be true so badly. ;_;

Really liked how he poked on the gief player with st jb to cr mk, be a good poke/pressure option. And I never seen so many st rh thrown around, it's like cvs2.

It clearly said counterhit, twice, sorry.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Joekage said:

*boner @ U2 punish*

I wish I could pull that off online without the game thinking I want EX CU. >:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom