• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Yeah SS looks fucking amazing, the only unfourtunate thing is that its in Australia and they have 500 year old internet so the stream might not be as godlike as we get here.

Playerjun coming has made my life.

Conceited said:
Yeah SS looks fucking amazing, the only unfourtunate thing is that its in Australia and they have 500 year old internet so the stream might not be as godlike as we get here.

Playerjun coming has made my life.
I want to see some counter hit meaty cl.MK to Ultra shenanigans.

Joekage

Holy shit, PlayerJun52 is coming to that tournament! I will also be stream monstering, that dude's Ken is fucking godlike. He's been my inspiration to have Ken as my main alternate. Nice stuff!

El Sloth

Banned
_dementia said:
I wonder how they managed to have all that talent flying over there. Seems like they have the right sponsors to make it happen.
Maybe the flights to Australia from Japan are relatively short/cheap? I'm super psyched to see TSRAI play. I love the dude's Blanka.

USD

~Devil Trigger~ said:
what about the 4 symbols that appear during Akuma's Ultra demon?
一瞬千撃 (Isshun Sengeki) "One instant, a thousand strikes"
black_vegeta said:
USD, is there any NSB tournies coming up?
The latest (AE) NSB was supposed to be April 2, but Team NSB put a suspension on all activities and streaming after the earthquake. They just started streaming NSB TV again and re-scheduling events this week.

NSB 23 (BBCSII) is May 3 (or late the day before in the US). NSB 24 (AE) is May 4.

USD said:
一瞬千撃 (Isshun Sengeki) "One instant, a thousand strikes"

The latest (AE) NSB was supposed to be April 2, but Team NSB put a suspension on all activities and streaming after the earthquake. They just started streaming NSB TV again and re-scheduling events this week.

NSB 23 (BBCSII) is May 3 (or late the day before in the US). NSB 24 (AE) is May 4.
I forgot about the disasters suspending events. Defintely understandable.

USD

Happy Phantom said:
_dementia said:
Yeah I think he plays Yang in AE
has he? I know Nemo switched but hadn't heard about Nuki
_dementia has Nemo and Nuki confused. Nuki doesn't play SFIV at all. He's still very active in the ST and 3S scenes, mostly doing commentary, but still playing quite a bit.

Check out the Game Versus channel if you want to see/hear Nuki. Every Thursday they stream 3rd Strike. 3rd Thursday is Vampire Hunter. Every 1st and 3rd Saturday is the ST random-team 3on3. All the streams start pretty early US time (~5-6 AM EDT).

Lately, Game Versus has been streaming even more, like 3S danisen on Fridays and ST danisen on Sunday.

Conceited said:

The last tournament they streamed with Tokido/Mago/Gamerbee was fine, so I wouldn't worry about that.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
black_vegeta said:
Damn, that tourney is godlike. Top players fo sho attending.

I see no mention of Daigo.

Daigo isn't playing Super SFIV anymore, just AE. So don't expect him at an event unless it's AE.

MarkMan said:
Daigo isn't playing Super SFIV anymore, just AE. So don't expect him at an event unless it's AE.

Not even Evo? Nor seeding tournaments? You mentioned Daigo will be going to either Revelations or CEO...

Does that mean AE is gonna be released before the 12th of June?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Ogrekiller said:
Not even Evo? Nor seeding tournaments? You mentioned Daigo will be going to either Revelations or CEO...

Does that mean AE is gonna be released before the 12th of June?

That was awhile back. I just talked to Daigo and he again mentioned he is only focusing on AE at this time.

MarkMan said:
That was awhile back. I just talked to Daigo and he again mentioned he is only focusing on AE at this time.

Wow, turning down the chance to win thousands of dollars just because it's not AE. Does Daigo like AE more then he does money? And yeah I hope Evo is going to use AE. I want to rep dat Evil Ryu.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Rice-Eater said:
Wow, turning down the chance to win thousands of dollars just because it's not AE. Does Daigo like AE more then he does money? And yeah I hope Evo is going to use AE. I want to rep dat Evil Ryu.

That's like saying, just because it isn't vanilla SF4.

There are big differences my friend!

MarkMan said:
That's like saying, just because it isn't vanilla SF4.

There are big differences my friend!

I fully understand these differences, but we're talking about money. 20K at Revelations, probably 4K+ at CEO or at least 2k+possible pot bonuses at any other upcoming majors. And that excludes all the money matches where he could probably make most of his money if he doesn't win the main tourney. But if that's his decision then so be it. I guess I misjudged him a bit. I figured he really wanted that fight money. But I guess there are other factors involved, I guess mainly being he's focused on AE.

Joekage

I think Daigo (like myself) isn't really worried about the money factor of tournaments. I mean, to me it's an added bonus to displaying my skill and showing that I am one of the best, the financial aspect of tournaments doesn't really matter at all to me, until afterwards when I can actually use it I guess. I mean, I'm sure the money is a draw but for someone who plays the game to get better/find new challenges/test themselves, I'm not sure money is as big a factor.

Daigo is in Japan, playing against top ranked players everyday, in a separate version of the game being played here in the States. I'm sure he'd rather spend his time in his home country leveling up and being challenged, rather than travel all the way to the US to play a game he has pretty much abandoned. Also I'm sure the dude is tired of traveling everywhere. Must be hell for his social life xD

one_kill

I finally got the courage to play online... I've only won three of the nine matches I played. I started off with Juri but changed to Akuma and had more luck. Some of the matches I played were lagging real bad, but for some reason the lag calms me down. I also tried to do a team battle, but couldn't find people to play with.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
one_kill said:
I finally got the courage to play online... I've only won three of the nine matches I played. I started off with Juri but changed to Akuma and had more luck. Some of the matches I played were lagging real bad, but for some reason the lag calms me down. I also tried to do a team battle, but couldn't find people to play with.

I can relate to that, I feel that when the lag is simply too much for one to care, you just accept it if you drop links left and right so it's no big deal.

Someone booted me out of a room this morning and accused me of having a fake account when I waxed his ass with Claw! How dare he! Its ok, I took the mask and the claw off while I beat him up.

Got naked! :^)

USD said:
Posted this in the MvC3 thread, I've seriously watched it like 15 times now.

Team Spooky 15 Second Promo

なんじゃこりゃあ
That was amazing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom