• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I think I had 500h in vanilla and like 500ish in super.
The only stat I remember from vanilla that I enjoyed was my ~95 winstreak on xbl :[

Also, Kadey now that AE is coming to PC we're going to play right? Right?

54-46!

I always find myself coming back to SF4 just to be dissappointed.. but now that they've buffed my main and plan to release AE for PC (no more poor PS3 online?), I might just have a good time with it.

Also - I've never been any good with sticks, keyboard king coming back to the party.

Corky

God damnit I tried soo hard in super to play makoto but I always ended up dissapointing myself :(

Her frigging inputs make me lose my mind. Why ? Why is she soo prone to having wrong things coming out. I can do 1000 out of a 1000 hadoken / shoryuken inputs but with makoto it's like 50% fuikage 50% hayate trying to do either of them.

WHY GOD?! whyyyyyyy....

I want to play her in AE, especially since she's the only one of my fighters that hasn't been hit over the head with the ( unnecessary ) nerfbat.

More recovery on blocked blankaballs? If you couldn't punish them already then I don't know what. Same goes for balrogs headbutts.

Corky said:
More recovery on blocked blankaballs? If you couldn't punish them already then I don't know what. Same goes for balrogs headbutts.

As someone who plays Shoto's, blanka balls are the bane of my existence. I'd switch the Seth even though I'm far worse with him then I am with Ken or Ryu. As long as it makes them stop the constant blanka balls, I'm good.

As for Balrog, I think he deserves that. If I'm knocked down and my opponent goes for a cross up and I do a non auto correct dragon punch, I'm going to be punished on the way down. Balrog should not be able to get out of cross up pressure for free against so many characters just by using headbutt. He already has EX armored moves to escape wake up jump in attacks.

I don't mind the headbutt's recovery nerf, although I don't think it was necessary. You could still punish it most of the time. The damage nerf is more annoying. Now it is only a knockdown tool or to get some extra damage with ultra. Since the damage is so shitty now, I'll probably safe my ultra for punishing or until I know for sure it will finish the fight.

Imm0rt4l

Corky said:
God damnit I tried soo hard in super to play makoto but I always ended up dissapointing myself :(

Her frigging inputs make me lose my mind. Why ? Why is she soo prone to having wrong things coming out. I can do 1000 out of a 1000 hadoken / shoryuken inputs but with makoto it's like 50% fuikage 50% hayate trying to do either of them.

WHY GOD?! whyyyyyyy....

I want to play her in AE, especially since she's the only one of my fighters that hasn't been hit over the head with the ( unnecessary ) nerfbat.

blanka could ball gouken with impunity pretty much.

BadWolf

^Thanks for the heads up.

A really solid Ibuki player is on right now, just beat Vanao.

EDIT: just as I said that a Yun player beat the Ibuki and went on a streak of his own, which just ended thanks to a Makoto with a great comback (almost no life, did a combo with SA2 into double DP for dizzy and then finished with a BnB).

USD

BadWolf said:
^Thanks for the heads up.

A really solid Ibuki player is on right now, just beat Vanao.

EDIT: just as I said that a Yun player beat the Ibuki and went on a streak of his own, which just ended thanks to a Makoto with a great comeback (almost no life, did a combo with SA2 into double DP for dizzy and then finished with a BnB).
Fell asleep for a bit, but the Ibuki player was probably Atsushi. The Yun was most likely OTB or Yakkun. If the Makoto was pink and you saw lots of "^q^" spam in the chat, it was Tominaga.

jlai

black_vegeta said:
Since you're being lazy...here. Probably the 2 best Mak's (Japanese) out there.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=makoto+wa75842&aq=f

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=makoto+momochi&aq=f

You're welcome.

One of those videos in the search: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j5GurSC32o

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I guess I should start using HK Axe Kick to get the knockdown and push them to the corner with dashes while they're down. The recovery for dashes looks so much better in AE, as well as increased health.

Actually I guess MK Axe kick to Sweep would work as well. Yes, I did just have a dialogue with myself.

jman2050

jlai said:
One of those videos in the search: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-j5GurSC32o

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I guess I should start using HK Axe Kick to get the knockdown and push them to the corner with dashes while they're down. The recovery for dashes looks so much better in AE, as well as increased health.

Actually I guess MK Axe kick to Sweep would work as well. Yes, I did just have a dialogue with myself.

I'll say the same thing I said when I linked that video the first time waay back.

Makoto + corner + meter = death

Threi

notag
Went through that guy's entire channel and couldn't find a single match involving deejay

feelsbadman

or maybe im not searching hard enough

Ichabod

Banned
black_vegeta said:
That's why I fear Mak more than the twins in AE.

This is interesting coming from someone who mains Rog (I assume). I hate the Rog match up more than any other because its total hell trying to get in on him with my Mak. Jab spamming, headbutts, godlike anti-air, and overall turtling shut me down like no other character can.

jlai

jman2050 said:
I'll say the same thing I said when I linked that video the first time waay back.

Makoto + corner + meter = death

Can't wait.. I already think her corner game in Super is amazing

Ichabod said:
This is interesting coming from someone who mains Rog (I assume). I hate the Rog match up more than any other because its total hell trying to get in on him with my Mak. Jab spamming, headbutts, godlike anti-air, and overall turtling shut me down like no other character can.

There have been Mak's that have totally destroyed me. Usually it happens when I get knocked down...then come the mix-ups, kara grabs, ultra to the nuts, and so forth.

Maybe you need change up your play style with her. I usually beat Mak's that are hesitant in their offense or aren't aggressive enough.

Just play her aggressively, but smart with it as well. Bait and punish.

Corky

Imm0rt4l said:
blanka could ball gouken with impunity pretty much.

Hmm, I have a strong memory of myself being able to just do one ( or two ) dashes and end with a sweep with gouken on blocked balls.

Rocky_Balboa said:
Any EU Gaffers playing SSF4 tonight?

Sorry my love, I've sold my 360 so I'm awaiting the bliss that will be AE on PC, you'll join me right? Right?

jman2050

Ichabod said:

I'd think having your own 3 frame jab would go a long way toward being able to sustain pressure on Boxer. And that's really key, because having better pressure means having better opportunity to knock down. And once Makoto knocks down the fun REALLY starts.

Of course that's just theory fighter from me.

Joekage said:
Momochi switched to Cody! What up! Finally got a top japanese player to steal setups from!!!

Isn't he a grand master with like 4 characters now. Did he switch for real or is this just another side character that he's doing? It seems unlike most Japanese player, Momochi and Kindevu have no character loyalty and will just move on to whoever they feel like or like at the moment.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Rice-Eater said:
Isn't he a grand master with like 4 characters now. Did he switch for real or is this just another side character that he's doing? It seems unlike most Japanese player, Momochi and Kindevu have no character loyalty and will just move on to whoever they feel like or like at the moment.

He has 3 characters in the top 100 as of the last time I saw the rankings. Ken being his highest, then Makoto, and then Cody.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
10K.

Yep. I'll start streaming the adventures of Eva blowing up GAF next week. Should be fun.

Even Kuma will play!

rivals said:
Just booked my room for evo, just have to book my flights now and tourney entries. So ready to win
go 0-2 D:

Staying at the Rio?

Edit: Also, doesn't Evo use PS3's for the tourney???

If so, I need to get my TE stick dual modded beforehand.

Imm0rt4l

black_vegeta said:
Staying at the Rio?

Edit: Also, doesn't Evo use PS3's for the tourney???

If so, I need to get my TE stick dual modded beforehand.
Yea they use Ps3's.

Gaf should do a meetup, go to the diamond and platinum buffet or something. Last year I only got to meet GalacticAE(where is he anyways?), Haunts, and Markman.

Imm0rt4l said:
Yea they use Ps3's.

Thanks

Imm0rt4l said:
Gaf should do a meetup, go to the diamond and platinum buffet or something. Last year I only got to meet GalacticAE(where is he anyways?), Haunts, and Markman.

Definitely! I'll have my IPhone with me at all time. Interwebz access at the palm of my hands.

rivals

black_vegeta said:
Staying at the Rio?

Yep, using the srk/evo rate. The awesome thing about it is that online it only shows you the single King bed room, but if you call they'll give you 2 Queen beds for the same price. We're getting 4 nights (Thursday night - Monday morning) for $416 before tax. Can't really complain.

EDIT: My buddy and I will be down for meeting up as well. He's on gaf but I don't think he's posted at all yet.

black_vegeta said:
Definitely! I'll have my IPhone with me at all time. Interwebz access at the palm of my hands.
Any recommendations on portable sel-contained charging units? I think I'll be attending my first multi-day tourney in June, but I've yet to figure at a solution if I can't charge my phone for a while.

rivals said:
Yep, using the srk/evo rate. The awesome thing about it is that online it only shows you the single King bed room, but if you call they'll give you 2 Queen beds for the same price. We're getting 4 nights (Thursday night - Monday morning) for $416 before tax. Can't really complain.

EDIT: My buddy and I will be down for meeting up as well. He's on gaf but I don't think he's posted at all yet.

Not too shabby price wise.

I'll be booking the room this weekend probably. I'm staying until Sunday evening and then flying back, since it's only a short flight to San Diego.

rivals

Ahh yeah, I figured if we flew back Sunday night (not sure if we're going via Oakland or San Jose) I'd feel obligated to go to work Monday so instead we're going to take it easy and leave Monday morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom