• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
rivals said:
Just booked my room for evo, just have to book my flights now and tourney entries. So ready to win
go 0-2 D:

I'll be there as well, but I'm planning to stay across the street at the Gold Coast instead. I've done the opposite so far, booked my flight but still haven't booked the hotel although I don't think I'm going to change that. I'm going with my GF and it's a bitch when you have to pay for everything by yourself. But if you guys want to do a GAF meet up, I'd like to come as well.

black_vegeta said:
I'm staying until Sunday evening and then flying back, since it's only a short flight to San Diego.

BUT WHAT IF YOU MAKE TOP 8?

Ok but seriously, you're going to EVO and you're not even going to stick around for Grand Finals. Will you even be back in time to stream monster it?

notworksafe

Imm0rt4l said:
Yea they use Ps3's.

Gaf should do a meetup, go to the diamond and platinum buffet or something. Last year I only got to meet GalacticAE(where is he anyways?), Haunts, and Markman.
I'm down! I'll be there for the first time, along with GalacticAE and some other New Mexico peeps.

Will be staying at Rio as well.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Speaking of Arcade rankings, new info;

Satsui Ryuu(Evil Ryu)

1//-6//BP/35445/MASTER
2//Kindevu//BP/35197/MASTER
3//Younashi//BP/32661/AAA+
4//Naruo//BP/30344/AAA
5//Hachigashira-san//BP/30034/AAA

Kuruoshiki Oni(Oni)

1//Monster Obasan//BP/17632/BB+
2//Aki。//BP/13460/B+
3//Aisu Swoodo wo Motsu Otoko//BP/12214/B+
4//TATEYAMA//BP/11495/B
5//Wonder//BP/11303/B

Imm0rt4l

black_vegeta said:
Definitely! I'll have my IPhone with me at all time. Interwebz access at the palm of my hands.

notworksafe said:
I'm down! I'll be there for the first time, along with GalacticAE and some other New Mexico peeps.

Will be staying at Rio as well.

Sounds good!

def sim

I love how Capcom is still pretending that AE console isn't done yet. One of the very first things they bragged about the engine is how incredibly easy it is to port form arcade to console and vice versa.

Imm0rt4l

Imm0rt4l said:
I'm interested in seeing how he handles this match. I love watching him fight, problem is he only ever uploads matches of him playing bad players.

So the Poongko of Europe would be a fair statement? LOL I actually love watching Poongko beast on scrubs.

Rice-Eater said:
I'll be there as well, but I'm planning to stay across the street at the Gold Coast instead. I've done the opposite so far, booked my flight but still haven't booked the hotel although I don't think I'm going to change that. I'm going with my GF and it's a bitch when you have to pay for everything by yourself. But if you guys want to do a GAF meet up, I'd like to come as well.

BUT WHAT IF YOU MAKE TOP 8?

Ok but seriously, you're going to EVO and you're not even going to stick around for Grand Finals. Will you even be back in time to stream monster it?

Well fuck, what time does it end Sunday night around about?

I definitely want to see the Grand Finals, that's a given.

So, I played 2nd Impact at an arcade today. I haven't played it in like 10 years. Forgot how different than 3rd Strike it feels. It is faster and lighter (like everybody weighs less and has more spring in their step).

Anyways, it's amazing how much they nerfed Sean (and Ibuki) in 3rd Strike. If there was SRK or neogaf back then, the rage would had been crazy. Sean is so good in that game.

Just a round about point, Capcom is not always good at balancing characters and tweaking them correctly. That's why I want one more patch for SF4 after AE to get it "right".

Also on a side note, I hope Capcom would port NG and 2I to XBLA. They could do it like the the Soul Calibur XBLA port, which is just the Dreamcast version with no online play.

ThatCrazyGuy said:
So, I played 2nd Impact at an arcade today. I haven't played it in like 10 years. Forgot how different than 3rd Strike it feels. It is faster and lighter (like everybody weighs less and has more spring in their step).

Anyways, it's amazing how much they nerfed Sean (and Ibuki) in 3rd Strike. If there was SRK or neogaf back then, the rage would had been crazy. Sean is so good in that game.

I was not in the fighting game community nor was I aware that it even existed. I was just another guy who played with a few friends sometimes at home and even I noticed the nerf to Sean. I really liked playing Sean in the arcades when NG came out. I think I actually played him more then Ryu at the arcades(whom I've always mained). Then 3rd Strike came out and I was like "WTF happened to his DP" and "what, you can only build up one super bar for SA3". It'd be great if they could bring him back some day and restore him to his glory days. Get rid of Dan or Gouken for him if people feel the cast has too many shoto's.

Rice-Eater said:
I was not in the fighting game community nor was I aware that it even existed. I was just another guy who played with a few friends sometimes at home and even I noticed the nerf to Sean. I really liked playing Sean in the arcades when NG came out. I think I actually played him more then Ryu at the arcades(whom I've always mained). Then 3rd Strike came out and I was like "WTF happened to his DP" and "what, you can only build up one super bar for SA3". It'd be great if they could bring him back some day and restore him to his glory days. Get rid of Dan or Gouken for him if people feel the cast has too many shoto's.

For me, I was vaguely aware of the community back then. Knew of Golfland and tournies and newsgroups. Went to a few 2i tournies.

I used Sean mainly in 2I. When our arcade got 3rd strike, I was like WTF when I picked Sean. Only 1 SA3. Couldn't link it off MP/HK chaiin anymore. Now more normal hurricane kick combo off close standing RH. Then the new uppercut put me over the edge, lol.

ThatCrazyGuy said:
For me, I was vaguely aware of the community back then. Knew of Golfland and tournies and newsgroups. Went to a few 2i tournies.

I used Sean mainly in 2I. When our arcade got 3rd strike, I was like WTF when I picked Sean. Only 1 SA3. Couldn't link it off MP/HK chaiin anymore. Now more normal hurricane kick combo off close standing RH. Then the new uppercut put me over the edge, lol.

This actually pissed me off the most. I know he was nerfed harder in other areas, but I really liked his DP, I thought it looked so cool. That's what attracted me to him in the first place. Like I said, I'd love to see him come back someday, but not as a joke character. As a legit threat like he was in 2nd Impact.

Threi

notag
Heh BYB doesn't mince words does she, she just lays it out there.

respect +1.

*edit*

Aaaand first two comments removed. Stay classy eventhubs.

BotoxAgent said:
I played burn a lot in the past, her ken is pretty damn solid. And she seems like a cool cat too.
I think the evidence on that point is mixed. Obviously some of the treatment she describes should be roundly condemned, but from what tournament footage I've seen of her playing, either she suffers from serious stage fright, or she is seriously lacking in the fundamentals. I can't remember the number of times I saw her land j.hk and follow up with step kick while she was playing Kayane at Evo.

El Sloth

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
Very interesting interview with Burnyourbra.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/apr/15/dmgburnyourbra-discusses-difficulties-being-female-gamer/

I had no idea what she has gone through the past year. I have even more respect for her for not only placing well, but having to put up with shit like that and not letting it discourage or affect her.
Don't know if it's the same interview, but DMG has this up on their site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj_txECdjU8&feature=player_embedded

Invisible_Insane said:
I think the evidence on that point is mixed. Obviously some of the treatment she describes should be roundly condemned, but from what tournament footage I've seen of her playing, either she suffers from serious stage fright, or she is seriously lacking in the fundamentals. I can't remember the number of times I saw her land j.hk and follow up with step kick while she was playing Kayane at Evo.

Evo was almost a year ago. Have you played against her since then?

I played against her recently and she's better than the majority of Ken's I have played against.

black_vegeta said:

I played against her recently and she's better than the majority of Ken's I have played against.

yeah, when I played her....she dropped links and stuff (in the online world, who doesn't?), but she was doing setups and mixups that showed she knows what she's doing with the character. She definitely improved a lot since Evo.

BotoxAgent said:
yeah, when I played her....she dropped links and stuff (in the online world, who doesn't?), but she was doing setups and mixups that showed she knows what she's doing with the character. She definitely improved a lot since Evo.

I didn't even realize I was playing against her. It hit me afterwards when I recognized the name. I gave a her one of the "few ggs." lol

black_vegeta said:

I'm not sure if you saw some of my earlier posts--I am terrible at this game. I wouldn't be at all surprised to have my ass kicked squarely by her, or by anyone else. I also don't know how good you are, so that doesn't really tell me anything about how good she would be in comparison. I'm more of a highly-interested observer than I am a player.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't call anything about this match (Southern Impact, pretty recent) exceptional, even though she won. She could be better than the majority of Kens, but 51-99 is a pretty significant range, and I'd probably put her in the mid-60s to low 70s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom