• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axis

BitchTits said:
What's so amazing about that first clip v Rose? I'm not being funny, but that Rose was basically sitting there waiting for it, I thought the point of the video was the Rose player was gonna make an amazing comeback until the Ultra came to nothing. The rest was all good stuff.

nothing, really but he did make a nice comeback and read his opponent really well to not die from chip there.

I think it's pretty awesome that AE console is only a month away. I'm going to make a concerted effort to learn Yun and attempt to boost my win ratio.

rivals

toasty_T said:
That reminded me of how excited I was to play Dudley before Super came out.

Then I realized dat execution.

That's what happened to me too. Also a lack of good ways to get in.

As far as AE goes I think at least for now I'm sticking with Rufus. I've been playing it pretty regularly at the arcade and I've thought about trying Yang since I played him a bit in 3S but I'm not sure. I'm finally starting to learn how to play with Rufus rather than just practicing combos so I'm inclined to not switch yet.

Rocky_Balboa said:
I won against him too. :(
But those were some good matches even though I choked.

well have those moments. I never heard of this dud player before. He's not bad.

Bring on AE!! I will try to pick up Yang as an alt.

Guy will still be my main. I've been trying to get back into this game...I had a really good night last night and I feel quite comfortable with his tools. I just hope he has some decent buffs to help with the Fei matchup which feels almost impossible right now.

cackhyena

_dementia said:
I think it's pretty awesome that AE console is only a month away. I'm going to make a concerted effort to learn Yun and attempt to boost my win ratio.
So i was wondering what peoples win ratios were. I just checked mine yesterday for the first time and it was 51.6...something. Is this terrible? Cuz it looked pretty terrible.

cackhyena said:
So i was wondering what peoples win ratios were. I just checked mine yesterday for the first time and it was 51.6...something. Is this terrible? Cuz it looked pretty terrible.
fwiw, I'm fairly certain mine is below that

hitsugi

_dementia said:
I'll be using Guy to do the same thing.

..AE Guy is so nice I quit Super over it

cackhyena

I guess I'm not familiar enough with his moves, move names and frame data to know the difference. Is there a list of buffs for him somewhere?

hitsugi

~Devil Trigger~ said:
3 frame short, Bushin chain connects more consistantly
Better overhead, s.MK and far MP got buffed, U2 was improved, ex run buffs..

I think that covers most of his changes. They're mostly tweaks to make Guy the way he should have been.. Sometimes far MP would miss when it's inside people in super and U2 whiffed at nearly point blank ranges.

Bushin chain still whiffs pretty randomly but it does seem more consistent vs crouchers in AE.

It also seems like close HK, far HP, far MP link is a little easier to do.. Or just works on more of the cast now. I usually do HK, c.MP, far MP just to avoid risks on normal characters though

vDaedalus

rivals said:
As far as AE goes I think at least for now I'm sticking with Rufus. I've been playing it pretty regularly at the arcade and I've thought about trying Yang since I played him a bit in 3S but I'm not sure. I'm finally starting to learn how to play with Rufus rather than just practicing combos so I'm inclined to not switch yet.

I think that, over time, you'll probably end up looking into Yun/Yang. It seems that a lot of people who've been using Rufus since Vanilla are starting to move on, which is completely understandable. I'll be using Yun and, to me, he just seems like a better version of Rufus. The lack of health is a bit off-putting though.

dralla

I wish Cody would've gotten some buffs. A faster walking speed, better back dash, invincibility on EX Uppah...something :[ making his cr Short one frame faster doesn't do a whole lot

Imm0rt4l

dralla said:
I wish Cody would've gotten some buffs. A faster walking speed, better back dash, invincibility on EX Uppah...something :[ making his cr Short one frame faster doesn't do a whole lot
Isn't Cody A tier in Japan right now? Dude jumped like 3 tiers, maybe that can be attributed to a lot of nerfs that other characters got, but Cody is legit.

PSN better be back up in time for dat AE. 'Been taking a break during this time, though.

And who was the Japanese player that picked up cody in AE? Momochi?

hitsugi

cackhyena said:
So what makes EX run buffed? Faster speed? I'm liking the sound of everything else, although I never touch U2.
It can absorb 3 hits now; the stop absorbs a hit allowing you to better utilize it and punish some things / close gaps / escape scissor traps easier.. Not sure of what else.

He just feels refined and.. balanced in AE. I loved Guy in Super and I felt he was good there in the first place, but these changes have really taken some of the frustrations away :D

cackhyena

hitsugi said:
It can absorb 3 hits now; the stop absorbs a hit allowing you to better utilize it and punish some things / close gaps / escape scissor traps easier.. Not sure of what else.

He just feels refined and.. balanced in AE. I loved Guy in Super and I felt he was good there in the first place, but these changes have really taken some of the frustrations away :D
Woah, that's awesome. Man, I can't wait for AE. My just over 50% win ratio will definitely take a hit when it drops. I already play with about six different characters constantly. I plan on adding all four of the new characters in the mix as well.The amount of time I can foresee sinking into this...my God.

Joekage

Cody is a great character in AE. He is kinda slow, and has massive trouble against heavy mixup characters but if your spacing and anti-air are spot on, it's incredibly hard to get in on him, and on knockdown, he can be scary as hell with his various frame traps into massive damage. Right now, seems like only my execution is holding me back with him so training mode warrior I have become. Haha.

Solune

hitsugi said:

I believe EX Run Slide has projectile invincibility as well?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
For all you (american) Live players out there, Peaceful Jay just announced he'll be having 2 upcoming online tournaments for $100 sponsored by JTV, with no entry fee.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey

hitsugi

Solune said:
I believe EX Run Slide has projectile invincibility as well?
Yeah, ex-slide goes through projectiles as well in AE. I'm not certain but I think his MP or HP shoulder got sped up a bit, too.

If I wasn't at work I would have found the exact changes by now x.x I'll post them when I get home if someone doesn't beat me to it, but I think we've covered everything.

hitsugi

as promised.. seems we were right on most points; supposedly no written changes on elbows though.

SRK said:
AE changes for Guy:

- c.LK's damage decreased, and its start-up is 3f now
- Far version s.MK has faster start-up and less recovery
- Far version s.MP's hitbox is buffed a bit
- F+MP overhead now does 2 hits, and is even on hit
- His EX run follow-up timing is now same with his non-EX versions. Also, his EX run -> slide has projectile invincibility, while his EX run -> stop has Armor (<- Not sure what they meant on "EX run follow-up timing" stuff)
- Super Combo damage increased, and fixed some issues of it whiffing on some characters if done after a combo

Anyone know the time the Evo tournament starts on Friday July 29th?

I've went on the website and can't no info on it. I need to know what time I need to book my flight.

Satyamdas

Banned
black_vegeta said:
Anyone know the time the Evo tournament starts on Friday July 29th?

I've went on the website and can't no info on it. I need to know what time I need to book my flight.
Pretty sure they run pools all day, starting at like 9 or 10am on Friday. Last year I remember they had morning and afternoon/evening pools for SF4.

Ahh, can't do Thursday due to work.

I'll arrive early Friday morning. 7:45am to be exact. Can't wait! It's going to be hellah fun!!!

:)

Oh yeah, thanks for the replies fellas.

Satyamdas

Banned
I main:

infORg.jpg

But mostly because my execution is assballs. My heart belongs to:

inkUqm.jpg

=3

I have main'd Ryu since 1992, but recently I made the switch to Ken because his style fits me better. It wasn't easy, but it had to be done. And for those who really don't know, yes there is a difference between the two.

Main: Balrog with a side order of Vega. I find both incredibly boring to use though.

I've wanted to use Viper since '08 but I just can't do it. Any technical character really. Probably because I can't due to a sweating issue. I'm usually normal but then I sweat like a beast as soon as I get my hands on the stick.

pause

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom