• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mœbius

SFIV - Akuma (I wanted to main Sakura initially but she didn't gel with me)

Super - Akuma and Makoto, and recently I've been messing around with Guy.

AE - I'll probably continue with Akuma and Makoto as my mains; will test out the newcomers of course but don't think I'll pick any of them up seriously.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Vanilla: Chun
Super: Chun (with some bad Makoto somewhere)
AE: Chun (more Makoto babeh)
SF5: CHUN!

rbrogue

SF4 - Viper, Abel, Random
SSF4 - Viper, Dudley, Sagat
AE - Viper, Yun, Dudley, Sagat

I love me some Viper. My burn kicks are powered by salt.

Axis

vanilla: didn't play

super: cammy...some chun here and there

AE: cammy...some yang/chun here and there, most likely

simtmb

SF4: Didn't exactly play this other than extremely casually so i didn't quite main anyone. Would have to be Cammy, Abel, E.Honda when i consider playtime.

SSF4: Bison, Fei.

SSF4AE: Bison/Fei/Yang. Haven't played much of AE, but definitely playing Yang.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
SFIV : Balrog
SSFIV : Guile
SSFIV AE : Hakan

cackhyena

Main Ryu. But main is a strong word nowadays, as I hop between Ibuki, Cody, Guy, Balrog, Juri, Guile, and Akuma just as much nowadays. Lesser used, but still in the casual mix is Fei, Cammy, Sagat, Rose, Ken and Chun.

Plan on using all four new characters when AE drops. I'm awful at sticking to one character. I'd still say for combos and such, I'm still the best with Ryu.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I don't know if it's just me but vanilla pc plays infinitely differently than super 360 :((( I really hope the AE pc version will play 1000% like the console versions.

rivals

Super is the first game I've played seriously, but I've had long stints with the others.

SF2/ST: Ken
3S: Dudley, Ken, Yang
SF4: Ken
SSF4: Dudley (for like two weeks when it came out), Rufus
SSF4:AE: Rufus for the time being, might end up using Yang

Corky said:
I don't know if it's just me but vanilla pc plays infinitely differently than super 360 :((( I really hope the AE pc version will play 1000% like the console versions.

Different how? With the right hardware it should be the ideal version.

Or are you just comparing vanilla to super?

Corky

toasty_T said:
Or are you just comparing vanilla to super?

Yeah it just feels "laggy" ( inputwise ) I don't know why, sure I'm playing it on my laptop but the benchmark gave me an avg of 90fps on the highest settings to hardware shouldn't be an issue. But I don't know, maybe the laptops screen has a ton of latency

Corky said:
Yeah it just feels "laggy" ( inputwise ) I don't know why, sure I'm playing it on my laptop but the benchmark gave me an avg of 90fps on the highest settings to hardware shouldn't be an issue. But I don't know, maybe the laptops screen has a ton of latency

I think your laptop monitor would have less latency than a tv (not sure). Sounds odd since your avg fps is pretty damn high.

I was considering getting the PC version down the line so I could play it when I'm pretending to study. I hope the difference isn't too jarring.

Corky

toasty_T said:
I think your laptop monitor would have less latency than a tv (not sure). Sounds odd since your avg fps is pretty damn high.

I was considering getting the PC version down the line so I could play it when I'm pretending to study. I hope the difference isn't too jarring.

Yeah I'm hoping something is wrong on my end, but I fail to see what that could be, it's a new laptop with latest drivers and a 360 pad. I was just sitting in trainingmode playing with sagat, and hooo booy almost impossible to hit 2 lks with him with this latency.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
SF2s: Ryu, Chun Li, Fei Long, Honda
Alpha series: Adon, Rolento, Ryu, Guy
3rd Strike: Makoto, Hugo, Elena, Yang
Vanilla4: Abel, El Fuerte, Gouken
Super4: Makoto, Gouken
AE: Makoto, Gouken, Yang

sigh, to continue

VF2: Akira, Lion
VF4E: Goh, Brad
VF5: Goh, Brad
Soul Calibur 2: Ivy, Hong, Taki
Soul Calibur 3: Ivy, Hong, Taki
Soul Calibur 4: Ivy
Rivial Schools: Roberto, Hayato, Natsu
Tekken 3: Paul, Eddy G
Tekken 5: Feng Wei, Raven, Paul
Tekken DR: Feng Wei, Raven, Paul
CvS2: Kim, Rock, Hibiki, Ryu, Rolento, Joe
MvC2: Jin Saotome(BLODIAAAAAAAAAAAA!), Venom, Rogue, CapCom, Sabertooth.
Mortal Kombat: Raiden, Scorpion
Mortal Combat 2: Nightwolf, Jax, Jade
Mortal Kombat 3: Nightwolf, Jax
Mortal Kombat2011: Nightwolf, Jade
Last Blade 2: Hibiki, Zantetsu
KOF12: Shen Woo, Kim, Goro, Duo Lon
MvC3 SALT: She-Hulk, Deadpool, Dorm, Arthur, Ironman, Hulk, Ryu

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Hakan is legit in AE.
Mark my oily words.

El Sloth

Banned
Lists! Again! Woo!

3rd Strike: Elena and Makoto

SSIV: I main Blanka for the same reasons Saty mains Dhalsim. Also, I actually get wins(sometimes!)! But my heart will always belongs to Makoto.

Currently messing around with some Akuma and Bipson.

AE: Going to be a first recruit in the Oni army. And I will of course still mess around with Mak.

mr. puppy

Banned
sf4/ssf4: guile
ssfae: adon+balrog. i'm gonna fiddle with the two of them for awhile and see who comes out better against makoto/yun/yang, since thats going to be 80% of the matchups :\

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I'll be playing a lot of Bipson in AE. Can't not play Makoto after all the buffs she got, but I'm kinda growing out of mixup characters I think.

El Sloth

Banned
mr. puppy said:
sf4/ssf4: guile
ssfae: adon+balrog. i'm gonna fiddle with the two of them for awhile and see who comes out betteragainst makoto/yun/yang, since thats going to be 80% of the matchups :\

Do not underestimate the power of AE Fei. I wager after the first few weeks it will be more Fei's and Yun's than the other two.

Imm0rt4l

I'm picking up fei long at the moment.

I play Gouken and Dudley. Been maining Gouken since Vanilla, and started playing dudley about 4 months ago, he's a lot of fun. My newfound love for rushdown characters compels me to learn Yun when AE drops. I feel really dirty though since it's Yun who seems stupid easy to use.

Fersis

Guys im calling it.
EVO 2011 Grand Finals

Daigo (Yun) Vs DSP (Hakan)

BELIEVE!

jlai

SF4: Balrog/Chun. Could only play charge characters since it was the first time really picking up a stick
SSF4: Rose for business, Makoto for funsies (which really means Makoto for the most part due to only really playing in endless lobbies). Dabbled around a lot with the rest of the cast though.
SS4AE: Makoto all day, every day!

Rocwell

In Vanilla I played Fei Long, and it was common knowledge that he was low tier.

In Super I play Makoto, and it is common knowledge that she's low tier.

In AE I'm gonna play Yun because Capcom is apparently determined to make me a tier whore.
Actually it's because I think he will do better in the matchups that give me a lot of trouble like Guile and Boxer. I'm still gonna keep playing Fei and Makoto :D

Fersis said:
Guys im calling it.
EVO 2011 Grand Finals

Daigo (Yun) Vs DSP (Hakan)

BELIEVE!
Bet you money this doesn't happen

DSP is obviously going to switch to DJ

Corky

What the hell, everybody and their aunts are listing balrog as their main, I hereby request you to pick either

a) Dhalsim
or
b) Alex from third strike when they finally implement him into the game.

notworksafe

Corky said:
I wish. :(

Also Rolento is my true main...he needs to be in when they add Alex!
aka never

In 4 it's mostly been Ken/Juri/Honda for me. Probably will stick with Ken/Juri for AE too, though I'm really interested in playing Evil Ryu and the buffed Hakan.

Here's my list.

ST: Guile
HDR: Timothy Hawk
Final Fight 3: Guy
Super Mario RPG: Mario/Peach/Geno
Streets of Rage 3: Shiva
TMNT Tournament Fighters: Raphael
Saturday Night Slam Masters: Scorpion
X-Men CotA: Sentinel
MSH: Juggernaut
Sonic Fighters: Bark
Phantasy Star Online: HuCAST
CvS2: Rock/Terry/Joe N-Groove
Gem Fighter: Akuma
MvC: Mega Man + Jin
MvC2: Felicia/Cammy/Psylocke
Double Dash: Diddy/Bowser Jr., Barrel Train
SF3: Q
SF4: Claw
SSFIV: Tony Hawk/Ibuki

Corky said:
What the hell, everybody and their aunts are listing balrog as their main, I hereby request you to pick either

a) Dhalsim
or
I'd love to see Alex too, but the team is officially done with the SF4 series. SF x TK is what they're working on hardcore as it's slated for release in fiscal 2011 (ending March 2012)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Professor Beef said:
Here's my list.

ST: Guile
HDR: Timothy Hawk
Final Fight 3: Guy
Super Mario RPG: Mario/Peach/Geno
Streets of Rage 3: Shiva
TMNT Tournament Fighters: Raphael
Saturday Night Slam Masters: Scorpion
X-Men CotA: Sentinel
MSH: Juggernaut
Sonic Fighters: Bark
Phantasy Star Online: HuCAST
CvS2: Rock/Terry/Joe N-Groove
Gem Fighter: Akuma
MvC: Mega Man + Jin
MvC2: Felicia/Cammy/Psylocke
Double Dash: Diddy/Bowser Jr., Barrel Train
SF3: Q
SF4: Claw
SSFIV: Tony Hawk/Ibuki

Top tier in FF6: Locke, Relm, Gogo, Sabin

Dahbomb

Corky said:

a) Dhalsim
or
Balrog is so awesome in SF4/SSF4. Even though he is a charge character, I love playing offensively with him and getting in their face after dodging projectiles. Put them in jab strings, pressure them with jab specials at the edge of its range. Once I get in with Balrog, it's pain city. Turn around punch/straight punch into Super feels nice as hell so does Headbutt into Ultra. His pokes are excellent too and I love throw headbutting with Balrog. I also love plowing through buttons with EX moves.

People are annoyed by Dhalsim but they are scared of my Balrog.

paul187

Hello all, long time lurker, first time poster. Anyways down to business.

ST: Ryu, Blanka
HDR: Blanka, Ryu
3rd Strike: Ryu, Dudley, Oro
MVC: Spiderman, Chun
SFIV: Ryu, Honda, Zangief
SSFIV: Ryu, Dhalsim, Adon
MVC3: Dorm, Hulk, Dante

Been maining Ryu since I started playing SF. Probably gonna drop him in AE since he's ass.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
AE in less than a month. I want to run another team tournament somewhere near the tail end of Summer. And it can be streamed. :)

MVC3 tournament may last a month or two.

Tis a beautiful day.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
ST: Ken
HDR: Ken
3rd Strike: Ken
SFAlpha3: Ken
SFIV: Ken
SSFIV: Ken
SSFIVAE: Ken
CvS2: Ken/Kim/Joe
MvC2: Ken/CapCom/Cyclops