• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
shoutouts to kadey for ducking real life, empress of nah.

-

happy mother's day all. i am extra proud since i am a mother.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So streetfighter GAF gettogether @ summer 2011? Kadeys place, BBQ for all. *sprinkleeeeeeeeeeeees*

MightyKAC

Anyone else thinking that this thread should be renamed to something like "GAF Online Fighting Game Community Thread" or something similar? Because I don't know about you guys, but I come here for all sorts of online fighting game info and not just SF stuff.

Axis

MightyKAC said:
Anyone else thinking that this thread should be renamed to something like "GAF Online Fighting Game Community Thread" or something similar? Because I don't know about you guys, but I come here for all sorts of online fighting game info and not just SF stuff.

i come to this thread for ssf4...there's other threads for other games =/

Yeah, I don't see a reason to make a unified fight game community thread. Different fighters got different fan bases mang.

And yeah, whenever I refresh this tab, I expect SSF4 info and nothing else really

Threi

notag
black_vegeta said:
Haha, I hate that defeated feeling.
Yeah shit feels bad man

best thing to do is take your mind off it, do something else, come back the next day ready to kick ass
or get salty again

cackhyena

Just wasn't in the mood to wait for fights, kadey. I'm so rusty. Got eaten alive by those guys in your room. I am a follower of yours on JTV now, though. This makes me an alright person.

Got 2nd place in my local's SSFIV tournament
out of four

This Abel player managed to download my T.Hawk, so I switched to Ibuki to reset the bracket, but lost it in a close couple of matches. Still felt good though.

Professor Beef said:
Got 2nd place in my local's SSFIV tournament
out of four

This Abel player managed to download my T.Hawk, so I switched to Ibuki to reset the bracket, but lost it in a close couple of matches. Still felt good though.

Got 2nd in super myself as far as this weeks local ranbats. Got first in mvc3. So I am fairly pleased with myself.

Thanks black_vegeta for the rog practice btw, I ended up fighting multiple rogs and yeah relearning ways to terrorize them helped quite a bit.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ive been practicing a little bit with Hakan lately.
This is his AE change log (From eventhubs):
Normal Moves
• Standing Hard Punch's hittable box around his arm got smaller, so it's easier to use as an anti air attack or a poke.

• When Oiled, normal moves buffered after a forward dash now have sliding property.

Unique Attacks
• Step Low (Toward + Light Kick) is now Cancelable, has a faster startup, can link from Close Standing Medium Punch and other attacks.

Special Moves
• For Oil Shower, the duration of the oil will be stacked now. The maximum duration is 30 seconds. Also, the Medium, Hard and EX versions of the Oil Shower have 5 frames less recovery time, and the EX version can be Canceled into Guard Position (Coward Crouch).

• Oil Shower is one of Hakan's follow ups after an Oil Slide. The effect is the same as Light Kick Oil Shower, and he will be in advantage nevertheless.

• Light Punch Oil Slide has a faster startup, and can be connected from Crouching Light Punch or Step Low (Toward + Light Kick).

• Oil Dive, including the EX version, while holding button, can be canceled into Guard Position (Coward Crouch), you can now use it as a feint and to build meter.

Other Stuff
• Oil Rocket and Oil Dive's input property is adjusted, so the feeling will be same with that of Zangief's Spinning Piledriver. (WUT?)
I have a new main... sorry Guile.

Any good AE Hakan vids outhere?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
hitsugi said:
hey kadey, will you be sticking with live once PSN is up / AE is released?

I'll be streaming both consoles. Whatever games are necessary. Says it right there on the page. :)

I swear the amount of people who use the 1 frame link reason to hate this game. I bet they're not actually interested in an execution heavy character...because they don't actually name any specific links that they hate.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
DryEyeRelief said:
I swear the amount of people who use the 1 frame link reason to hate this game. I bet they're not actually interested in an execution heavy character...because they don't actually name any specific links that they hate.
The way links work in Street Fighter has never bothered me. I think it's the fact that the series has pretty much functioned on a "see what you press" basis. I find games where you input commands into a queue and wait for them to appear on screen far more problematic.

I'm no execution god who hits those links all the time, either; I just prefer the way that feedback loop works to the alternatives I've experienced.

stabicron7 said:
Got 2nd in super myself as far as this weeks local ranbats. Got first in mvc3. So I am fairly pleased with myself.

Thanks black_vegeta for the rog practice btw, I ended up fighting multiple rogs and yeah relearning ways to terrorize them helped quite a bit.

No problem.

I thought I had the Bison matchup down, but apparently not. I looked at some of the replays and saw where my faults were.

Axis

GhostRidah said:
Hopefully I get better quick so I can play and not spectate, plus your music is godlike.

play anyway...no better way to improve than play someone like eva :3

edit: today WAS my day in ranked...my only loss was when i accidentally picked hakan in my first match :(

i wish i played like this all days...there's gotta be some secret.

hitsugi

Kadey said:
I'll be streaming both consoles. Whatever games are necessary. Says it right there on the page. :)

awesome. you really picked this up and hit the ground running hard :D I'll probably return to PSN for AE streamed fights unless some crazy 360 sale happens between now and then

rivals

Entered Hadocon on Saturday, got bodied of course but it was fun. My buddy and I were up against fchamp and Ricky O second round of 2v2 D:

Corky

WOHOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome, I thought they'd surely abandon SSF4 but my body is filled with warm joy.

USD

Sometimes you gotta go back to your roots.

boomboomboomhjj7.gif

hoggingthestickjkh8.gif

mashingh8pa.gif

Corky

Damn, that sure is one mean Dudley.

Balrogplayers :

Been messing about with some links and fadc with rog, although I'm having trouble linking ..... FADC close hk c.lk .... etc

halp?

HiResDes

I started playing this game again and everything is going so weird. When I left off I had a huge losing streak, but I was playing people with twice my PP all the time. I always had the settings on more skilled, but now I've come to realize that I think I'm the very best player with under 2K PP in the world maybe LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom