• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

Whenever I try to watch one of your guys personal streams, lags me to death for some reason. I do fine with all the bigger streams though like spooky and levelup, I don't know what the problem is. :(

Axis

Ultimoo said:
Whenever I try to watch one of your guys personal streams, lags me to death for some reason. I do fine with all the bigger streams though like spooky and levelup, I don't know what the problem is. :(

get that fixed!

Ultimoo said:
Kadey stream at a extreme high bitrate. 3800 to be exact. It lags for me too. But the quality is pretty good.

Not sure what bitrate SRKlive stream at, but they have nice looking stream that dont seem to lag me for some reason

Axis

Cloudius12 said:
Kadey stream at a extreme high bitrate. 3800 to be exact. It lags for me too. But the quality is pretty good.

Not sure what bitrate SRKlive stream at, but they have nice looking stream that dont seem to lag me for some reason

i think she's just trying to run it too high for her current setup...it lags for me as well

Satyamdas

Banned
Ultimoo said:
I didn't realize my computer wasn't good enough to run streams, lol.
Maybe it's your internet, then? If the stream is running fine for multiple people and not fine for others, where is the problem most likely occurring?

Neki

Satyamdas said:
Maybe it's your internet, then? If the stream is running fine for multiple people and not fine for others, where is the problem most likely occurring?
Well I just find it weird that I can run the other streams like Team Spooky and all the other bigger streams, it's only the solo streams that my computer struggles with. It's probably something wrong with my computer, you're right though.

Satyamdas

Banned
Ultimoo said:
Well I just find it weird that I can run the other streams like Team Spooky and all the other bigger streams, it's only the solo streams that my computer struggles with. It's probably something wrong with my computer, you're right though.
Threi (the GhettoGarden GAF Stream OG) thinks that she is running it at too high of a bitrate (3800 I think?). So I don't know if those other streams are using a lower bitrate and that is why they run smoother for you, but it seems like it could be a reason.

Axis

Satyamdas said:
Threi (the GhettoGarden GAF Stream OG) thinks that she is running it at too high of a bitrate (3800 I think?). So I don't know if those other streams are using a lower bitrate and that is why they run smoother for you, but it seems like it could be a reason.

he can't run the stream because he has a MLP avatar.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I'm feeling fat, anybody got a link to an indepth rufus video tutorial?

Axis

Corky said:
I'm feeling fat, anybody got a link to an indepth rufus video tutorial?

learn to hit s.lk s.lk s.fp xx FP galactic tornado

and learn to divekick close to the ground

pro rufus

Corky

Axis said:
learn to hit s.lk s.lk s.fp xx FP galactic tornado

and learn to divekick close to the ground

pro rufus

I can already do that :(, well my success rate of the s.lk s.fp link isn't exactly great but still.

Corky

_dementia said:
Fat Vanilla damage.

sheesh tell me about it, was idling in trainingmode ( vanilla pc ) and you really got to TRY not to get a 600 dmg combo

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
generally 3600 is too high of a bitrate. but thats/ what the quality controls are for now in case yoru computer cant handle it

ShaneB

nycfurby said:
generally 3600 is too high of a bitrate. but thats/ what the quality controls are for now in case yoru computer cant handle it

Yup. I've had some good luck with streaming high quality streams usually, but Kadey's lags for me as well.

Corky

rivals said:
You forgot about ex messiah whenever you're in trouble.

I'm saving that one for my Evo moments ™.

Also scratch me saying " I can hit lk lk hp somewhat often" and make that 1 in 6 >_<....

...in training mode nonetheless :'[

rivals

Corky said:
I'm saving that one for my Evo moments ™.

Also scratch me saying " I can hit lk lk hp somewhat often" and make that 1 in 6 >_<....

...in training mode nonetheless :'[

No worries, I've been playing for like 2 1/2 months and I'm still not 100% in training mode (maybe around 80% I'd say), and much much worse in actual matches. I also don't do the 2x short, I just do dive kick, st. short, st. fierce xx fierce GT. Another good tool that I don't use nearly enough is canceling some of his crouching normals into ex.GT like cr.jab, cr.short, and cr.forward.

Corky

rivals said:
No worries, I've been playing for like 2 1/2 months and I'm still not 100% in training mode (maybe around 80% I'd say), and much much worse in actual matches. I also don't do the 2x short, I just do dive kick, st. short, st. fierce xx fierce GT. Another good tool that I don't use nearly enough is canceling some of his crouching normals into ex.GT like cr.jab, cr.short, and cr.forward.

Yeah man I hear ya, rufus is one of the only characters that I ,even after 500ish hours played in the sf4 series, have difficulties going from crouch normals xx GT and not have snakestrike come out.

I can do c.mk into hadoken x 1000 without fail but trying to go some footsies and then connecting a c.mk with rufus will give me ex snake strike 50% of the time >_<, instead of ex GT

Make sure you aren't pressing punch while in the df direction. Especially if your walking forward and doing a qcf, unless you return to f a dp motion is registered since you've input f->d->df.

It might not be that but it's worth making sure.

Corky

toasty_T said:
Make sure you aren't pressing punch while in the df direction. Especially if your walking forward and doing a qcf, unless you return to f a dp motion is registered since you've input f->d->df.

It might not be that but it's worth making sure.

cheers man, will try this and see if this is the root of me problems.

Axis

Corky said:
Yeah man I hear ya, rufus is one of the only characters that I ,even after 500ish hours played in the sf4 series, have difficulties going from crouch normals xx GT and not have snakestrike come out.

I can do c.mk into hadoken x 1000 without fail but trying to go some footsies and then connecting a c.mk with rufus will give me ex snake strike 50% of the time >_<, instead of ex GT

footsies? rufus? just kidding!

your best bet is to just work on baiting people and learning to read when your opponent is going to crouch tech so you can walk backwards and sweep to blow it up...it's wongs biggest tool when using rufus IMO

oh...and xup jump MK...that's always good to learn

Corky

Axis said:
oh...and xup jump MK...that's always good to learn

See I was surprised, maybe something was "just off" during the 5 minutes I fooled around in training mode, but I couldn't for the life of me get the j.mk to crossup on ryu, and I can connect kens j.hp crossup more often than that! Z_o

Axis

Corky said:
See I was surprised, maybe something was "just off" during the 5 minutes I fooled around in training mode, but I couldn't for the life of me get the j.mk to crossup on ryu, and I can connect kens j.hp crossup more often than that! Z_o

you gotta put more than 5 minutes into something before calling it quits...figure out the spacing and see if you can get some setups that leave you in that space to mixup divekick j.mk xup or whatever else you want off of a knockdown

Corky

Axis said:
you gotta put more than 5 minutes into something before calling it quits...figure out the spacing and see if you can get some setups that leave you in that space to mixup divekick j.mk xup or whatever else you want off of a knockdown

Oh ofc, some of the trials I spent like an hour each on while listening to a podcast, I am quite stubborn .But yeah I'll find out the correct spacing for the crossup ^^

In the end, I love this game to death . I love the fact that you can after years and years just suddenly realize some other character is enjoyable to play. I'd love to see my " character progression"

I think it has roughly been something like

Blanka - Bison - Abel - Akuma - Ken - Honda - Gouken - Rufus - Dhalsim - Balrog - Makoto - Vega - Viper - Seth - Ryu - Dudley - Sagat - and finally back to Balrog with a dash of makoto over the time span of like 2 years since the release of vanilla.

Dang, that looks like the venture of a madman. Granted I didn't spend all too much time with certain characters above ( honda/rufus/dhalsim/viper ) but the rest I stayed with for a while.

Axis

Corky said:
Oh ofc, some of the trials I spent like an hour each on while listening to a podcast, I am quite stubborn .But yeah I'll find out the correct spacing for the crossup ^^

In the end, I love this game to death . I love the fact that you can after years and years just suddenly realize some other character is enjoyable to play. I'd love to see my " character progression"

I think it has roughly been something like

Blanka - Bison - Abel - Akuma - Ken - Honda - Gouken - Rufus - Dhalsim - Balrog - Makoto - Vega - Viper - Seth - Ryu - Dudley - Sagat - and finally back to Balrog with a dash of makoto over the time span of like 2 years since the release of vanilla.

Dang, that looks like the venture of a madman. Granted I didn't spend all too much time with certain characters above ( honda/rufus/dhalsim/viper ) but the rest I stayed with for a while.

complete opposite...i've only really went sakura -> chun li -> cammy and i'm sticking with cammy in AE...too fun to play

rivals

I've been learning from another Rufus player lately who pokes very aggressively with him. It's pretty interesting to see and I have a long way to go until I actually figure it out.

As far as progression goes I played Dudley, Ken and Yang in 3S (though not very seriously, it was for about 3-4 months back in 05), I played Ken for like a month when vanilla came out and I bought a stick thinking I was going to get serious, I played Dudley for like two weeks in Super when it came out, and then I just started back up about 2 1/2 months ago playing seriously for the first time and I've been playing pretty much solely Rufus. I'm still working heavily on execution and a little on strategy. I definitely have a lot of trouble getting in with him still. One of the posters in the Rufus forum on SRK has some good safe jump videos.

Here's one with his dive kicks that I still haven't really tried: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcMFzK0qrIk

Here's one for throws (I think it also works if they don't tech a GT but I'm not sure): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loU2Tvh9hss

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
LOL.

Yeah. Stream is at it's best. For options, you'll need the JTV producer badge. And to get that, you need 250 followers. So start following people.

Anyway. Highlight of the night.

Double perfect, Art vs Tatsu.

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/285283561

I'll be streaming tonight but it's probably going to be very late. Like 11-12 p.m ea.

Threi

notag
got the evo monitor today :D

colour accuracy and source detection speed are...not the best but that's not what this monitor is famous for anyways. I can live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom