• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm remembering all this right:

SFII: Ryu
SSFIV: Fei Long, Juri
Garou: MOTW: B. Jenet, Freeman
KOF2k: Kensou, Yuri, Terry
KOF2k1: Kensou, Shingo, Terry
KOF2k2: Kensou, Blue Mary, Mature
KOF2k3: Terry, Yuri, Mai
KOFXI: Kensou, Kula, B.Jenet
KOF: MI: Rock, Kyo
KOF: MI2: Alba, Rock, B. Jenet
GGX2: Slayer
BB: Litchi
T3: Paul Phoenix, Law
TTT: Hwoarang
SC: Seung Mina, Kilik
SC2: Ivy, Kilik
SS: Ukyo, Haohmaru
DOA4: Jann Lee, Ayane
VF4: Lei Fei
MVC3: Dormammu, Super Skrull, Akuma
MK: Liu Kang
MK: DA: Kenshi
MK9: Jade, Jax

SF2: HF: Ken
SSF2T: Ken
SFA2: Ken
SFA3: Akuma, Balrog
SF3:3S: Ken, Akuma, Twelve
SF4: Balrog, Ken
SSF4: Balrog, Ken, Cody, Cammy, Chun-Li
SSF4:AE: Cammy

MK2: Scorpion
UMK3: Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Cyrax
Mortal Kombat 4: Sub-Zero

Tekken 3: Yoshimitsu, Hwoarang
Tekken Tag Tournament (Bowling): Heihachi, Yoshimitsu
Soul Calibur: Yoshimitsu
Anna Kournikova's Smash Court Tennis: Yoshimitsu

Super Mario Kart: Donkey Kong Jr.
Mario Kart 64: Bowser, Wario
Mario Kart: Double Dash: Paratroopa, Bowser Jr.
Mario Kart Wii: Luigi

Counter-Strike: Counter-Terrorists

Team Fortress 2: Heavy, Scout, Soldier.

Just wanted to get some opinions..

I seriously sucked ass in SSF4. Got an arcade stick did some practicing can only ultra on one side that sorta thing. I can beat all of my friends, but their jump in sweep offense is pretty easy to get around.

Any way I've been thinking of getting back into SF for serious this time! Is it worth it to pick up SUPER again or just wait for AE? Is it worth is to try and get combos and such down just to have my main be totally different with the next iteration?

I'm sure with enough practice I can at the very least get button inputs down. I'm sure I can take that on with me to the next game.

Lando Jones said:
Just wanted to get some opinions..

I seriously sucked ass in SSF4. Got an arcade stick did some practicing can only ultra on one side that sorta thing. I can beat all of my friends, but their jump in sweep offense is pretty easy to get around.

Any way I've been thinking of getting back into SF for serious this time! Is it worth it to pick up SUPER again or just wait for AE? Is it worth is to try and get combos and such down just to have my main be totally different with the next iteration?

I'm sure with enough practice I can at the very least get button inputs down. I'm sure I can take that on with me to the next game.

Who is your main? I don't think it'll hurt to get your feet wet with Super for a month while you wait for AE.

_dementia said:
Who is your main? I don't think it'll hurt to get your feet wet with Super for a month while you wait for AE.

Gen
I did a lil research over at srk and he seems to be much better. Or everyone in that character section seems to be excited for him again for some reason.

hitsugi

Lando Jones said:
Gen
I did a lil research over at srk and he seems to be much better. Or everyone in that character section seems to be excited for him again for some reason.
A lot has changed with AE.. especially for Gen. It may be best to wait it out and go for a clean start OR work with the current Gen, keeping an open mind about the changes in playstyle that will be necessary in AE

Oh, what? Listing mains for all the fighters we've played? I thought it was just for the SF4 series. In that case:

SF2: Guile
SF2CE: Ken
SF2HF: random
SSF2: random
ST: Ryu
SFA: Sodom
SFA2: Charlie
3S: Hugo
SF4: Dhalsim
SSF4: Dhalsim
SSF4AE: ? Probably Dhalsim
TMNT TF: Shredder
CVS2: Terry/Ken/Joe
MvC2: Magneto/Jill/Sent
MvC3: Doom/Dorm/Sent
Fatal Fury 2: Andy
World Heroes: Hanzo
World Heroes 2: Capt. Kidd
KOF94: AoF Team
KOF95: Kyo, Terry, Mai
Samurai Shodown: Ukyo
Samurai Shodown 2: Ukyo
Samurai Shodown 3: Ukyo (bust)
MK: Scorpion
MK2: Sub Zero
MK3/UMK3: Kabal
BB: Ragna
Tekken: Marshall Law
Tekken 2: Lei/Baek
Tekken 3: Lei
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo: Dan
DOA2: Tina
VF: Wolf
VF2: Pai
VF3: Pai

I am the proprietor of the the Free.99 store.

This is like a week old now but I just now found out that Infiltration and Laugh will be coming to Revelations to compete in SSF4. Infiltration is like the forgotten foreigner from last years EVO. Outside of Daigo, he was the highest placing foreigner, and had a murderous road to reach Grand Finals and he almost did it taking out one big name after another along the way until he kept going for failed resets against Ricky Ortiz.

Anyways I'm glad to see Korea represented. Maybe this will be Infiltrations true coming out party since despite doing so well last year, he was largely overshadowed by Gamerbee and his break out performance with Adon.

BitchTits

hitsugi said:
A lot has changed with AE.. especially for Gen.
Really?! Whatever they did to Gen in Super just ruined him for me and he was my main in vanilla.

Gen up, Makoto fixed? Damn AE can't come soon enough!

Imm0rt4l

BitchTits said:
Really?! Whatever they did to Gen in Super just ruined him for me and he was my main in vanilla.

Gen up, Makoto fixed? Damn AE can't come soon enough!
I'm not sure that I'd call her fixed.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Imm0rt4l said:
I'm not sure that I'd call her fixed.

yao-ming-meme.jpg

LowParry

I'll be coming back in full once AE hits. I'm just fooling around with MK and SCIV at this point.

Edit: Though I'm sad for what's happened with Vega. I'll still play him but I've switched over to Bison. I'm definitely going to learn Evil Ryu just cause. Yang probably as well.

black_vegeta said:
Raph was a beast in that game.

I bodied mofos in the BlockBuster tournament back in the day.

Edit: Snap, HAPPY BIRTHDAY VEX!!!!
I'll never forget the expression on Sirlin's face when me and a bunch of other guys dragged him over to the BYOC area and asked him to make an HD Remix of the game. :lol

Happy Vexday, Birth!

galvan

Neo Member
Rice-Eater said:
This is like a week old now but I just now found out that Infiltration and Laugh will be coming to Revelations to compete in SSF4. Infiltration is like the forgotten foreigner from last years EVO. Outside of Daigo, he was the highest placing foreigner, and had a murderous road to reach Grand Finals and he almost did it taking out one big name after another along the way until he kept going for failed resets against Ricky Ortiz.

Anyways I'm glad to see Korea represented. Maybe this will be Infiltrations true coming out party since despite doing so well last year, he was largely overshadowed by Gamerbee and his break out performance with Adon.

very underrated and great player, Maybe he'll get revenge on ricky.

entremet

SFII--Dhalsim, Blanka, Guile
SFII CE--Ryu
SFII Turbo--Ryu
SSFII--Ryu, Cammy, Guile, DeeJay
SFA--Ryu
SFA2--Sakura
SFA3--Guile, Ken, Ryu
SFIII: NG--Ryu, Dudley
Third Strike--Ryu, Ibuki
MK1--Scorpion, SubZero
MK2--Liu Kang
MK3--SubZero
Samurai Showdown--Haohmaru, Ukyo, Galford, Hanzo, Genan
SSII--Same as above with Cham Cham
DarkStalkers--Felicia, Dmitri, Morrigan
XMEN-COTA--Cyclops, Wolverine
Marvel Super Heroes--Spidey
XvSF--Sabertooth/Dhalsim team; Ryu/Ken team
Tekken 1--Paul, Kaz
Tekken 2--Paul, King, Kaz, Bruce, Baek
Tekken 3--Paul, King, Jin, Hwoarang, Yoshi
Tekken 5--Steve
Soul Blade--Mitsurugi
Soul Calibur--Ivy
Soul Calibur II--Link (Hell Yeah, best guest character)
Soul Calibur VI--Sophy
VF5--Pai, Eileen
SF4--Guile
SSF4--Guile, Cody

Happy bday vex

and man threi that rog he was fighting was trash. Still though a few things there make it seem Deejay got some much needed improvements.

Skullkid

Lando Jones said:
Gen

I pretty much only play Gen since he is the most fun for me, even in Super. AE Gen is going to be the same as in Super with improvements. So, you could certainly start practicing with him in Super.

Minor changes: Crane Ultra 2 travels much faster, longer range for Mantis standing hk (should be useful for pokes), and crouching Mantis mp has the same startup as standing mk (this should be useful for pokes and you can now link it from standing mp and lp).

Major changes: Target combos added. Mantis crouching lk to crouching mk - probably useful for close range footsies. I find it easiest to link crouching lk after FADC from hands so I might use this for some extra damage. His best change is the addition of standing Mantis hp to mk target combo. This will be great for some extra damage and finally being able to reliably hit confim into gekiro.

So, I am really excited for AE to experiment with Gen's links and checking out how much his damage output has improved from the target combo.

Axis

thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!

jlai, i hate you in third strike :( altho i did way better with ken

black vegeta, i want a real ft10 one of these days...i want to learn that matchup

kadey, if you're in the mood to stream...i'm in the mood to watch! or play depending on how fast this buzz goes away :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom