• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eissan

Satyamdas said:
He's embarrassed because it takes 15K to get to A rank. So if you have an A rank and 12.5K that means you have hit the skids pretty hard. I did the same thing after getting to A+ (20K), got cold and dropped to 17.5K for a while. Yeah it's just meaningless points but it's still not a good look :(

I know how that feels...I hit 15+k then hit the HARDEST skid I've ever had, losing to everyone...but it's cool online play doesnt mean much anyways I only play for fun now or to troll people :D.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I always wanted mine to be back to zero. For me it's too much of a distraction. Thanks Capcom!

Anybody know who stay crispy SRK is?

hitsugi

Kadey said:
I always wanted mine to be back to zero. For me it's too much of a distraction. Thanks Capcom!

Anybody know who stay crispy SRK is?
Agreed. It also, clearly, distracts many other players

paul187

I had a lot of fun when I started playing Super on 360 after playing it on PS3. I had 0 points and would just beast on 10k bp players.

So there's almost a month between psn/live release of AE and retail? I kinda wanted to get the disc version, but I'm not strong enough to wait that long.

the_log_ride said:
So there's almost a month between psn/live release of AE and retail? I kinda wanted to get the disc version, but I'm not strong enough to wait that long.
I'm going to get DLC on one system and retail on the other (once it's discounted/significantly cheaper).

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I just noticed how much faster the 360 version is. Saving replays and transitions from screen to another is almost instant. Almost like comparing a standard HDD to an SSD.

Last night was more lively than I thought it would be. Shoutouts to Four Wude for making an appearance. The lobby was filled with a bunch of killers. Kinda felt weird being in it.

A few vids are up but this is definitely the highlight of the night. Probably throughout all my streams so far. Jlai losing to lagryuken. Yes, all the freezes and lag is real time. Their match was exactly like you see it. Watch the end.

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/285806970

Any of you guys tell me how the stream looks in comparison to the archived vids. Same? If it looks that good I won't try and make any more adjustments.

Tonight!

cackhyena

Kadey said:
I just noticed how much faster the 360 version is. Saving replays and transitions from screen to another is almost instant. Almost like comparing a standard HDD to an SSD.
Yeah, when I was saying that back when I switched, people were saying I was nuts. I've played enough ( maybe too much?) of this game to notice every little thing like that. It all adds up after a while.

jlai

Kadey said:

Last night was more lively than I thought it would be. Shoutouts to Four Wude for making an appearance. The lobby was filled with a bunch of killers. Kinda felt weird being in it.

A few vids are up but this is definitely the highlight of the night. Probably throughout all my streams so far. Jlai losing to lagryuken. Yes, all the freezes and lag is real time. Their match was exactly like you see it. Watch the end.

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/285806970

Any of you guys tell me how the stream looks in comparison to the archived vids. Same? If it looks that good I won't try and make any more adjustments.

Tonight!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Let it be known, it was not me rage-quitting, but his connection finally crapping out :( :( :(

I think that was the laggiest match I've ever played online.

Threi

notag
iltVYg.gif

indeed.

Kadey said:
Looks the same, and it will probably look the same even if you lower the bitrate just a bit. Have mercy on my internet :/

Threi

notag
jlai said:
why Threi why
still high off anesthesia

Cloudius12 said:
Looks the same, and it will probably look the same even if you lower the bitrate just a bit. Have mercy on my internet :/
no probably about it, it will look more than acceptable at that resolution (speaking of which, anything over 640x360 output res is overkill) down to 1kbps. 2k and up is for recorded vids.

Axis

black_vegeta said:
Is he still rocky Ken?

I played him once before, he wasn't using scrub tactics like he did with DSP.

dude, he only uses scrub tactics...let threi show you the replay...THAT DUDE IS MASHING 24/7

Threi

notag
black_vegeta said:
Is he still rocky Ken?

I played him once before, he wasn't using scrub tactics like he did with DSP.
yeah he beat me twice beforehand, this time he handily beat me, decided i wasn't good enough for his main, so he beat me with his 3rd char (sagat) as well.

But if i fail to not do something as simple as bait mashing then i deserve the l's.

malfcn

Is there an AE thread yet?

IMO it is cheap of Capcom to not release the costumes with the DLC, or even the disc version. While it is cool that past costumes will continue to work, I am cheap (but admit to buying one pack). I know why they do it, because tons of people buy it.

AE DLC is a straight arcade port, except they ported out the costumes (for free).

malfcn said:
Is there an AE thread yet?

IMO it is cheap of Capcom to not release the costumes with the DLC, or even the disc version. While it is cool that past costumes will continue to work, I am cheap (but admit to buying one pack). I know why they do it, because tons of people buy it.

AE DLC is a straight arcade port, except they ported out the costumes (for free).
You still have to unlock them if you're playing it in the arcade in Japan. And depending on how good/bad you are, you might have to pay more than what it costs to download them here.

Satyamdas

Banned
BotoxAgent said:
omg....why didn't i think of that!?

no seriously, finding 2 player matches is hard some and people dont join mine
Yeah, or if they do join they often leave after one game. I think they should just add Player Match to Endless and Ranked. Endless and Ranked need to stay the same, but I think Player match would find a lot of use. I'm sure a lot of people would like to just grind it out with 1 person for a while like in vanilla but because of having to do it through endless they just don't bother. Putting it back in as an option would be a nice move. Of course there is no chance of that happening. :*(

Satyamdas said:
Yeah, or if they do join they often leave after one game. I think they should just add Player Match to Endless and Ranked. Endless and Ranked need to stay the same, but I think Player match would find a lot of use. I'm sure a lot of people would like to just grind it out with 1 person for a while like in vanilla but because of having to do it through endless they just don't bother. Putting it back in as an option would be a nice move. Of course there is no chance of that happening. :*(

yeah, when I am pushed back to the bottom of the line.....I just leave most of the time.

I have about an hour or so to play when I have the time....I am not wasting it waiting

Rocwell

you can always take a screwdriver to your ps3 and disassemble the disc drive to get your disc back. Not sure if sony will refurb one for you if you take it apart though, seems unlikely. Although Gamestop does have that $100 off a PS3 coupon thing going.

There are also tricks you can try to get your disc back, like sticking the ps3 in the freezer or sticking it in a box and putting a hair dryer to the vent for x amount of time. YMMV

Mœbius

Rocwell said:
you can always take a screwdriver to your ps3 and disassemble the disc drive to get your disc back. Not sure if sony will refurb one for you if you take it apart though, seems unlikely. Although Gamestop does have that $100 off a PS3 coupon thing going.

There are also tricks you can try to get your disc back, like sticking the ps3 in the freezer or sticking it in a box and putting a hair dryer to the vent for x amount of time. YMMV

Not in the States so that Gamestop thing doesn't apply.

Trying the freezer thing now. Also tried the fan test thing before but I guess that only works on 40GB machines.

Failing the cooling I guess I'll just disassemble it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom