• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

HiResDes said:
I know I feel extra good every time I beat one...Although I feel dirty that the only way I can beat them with Dictator is to completely lame them out with teleports and timely backdashes

I find that I have to get up on that ass or else Yun will frame advantage me to death.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I don't think I have the patience for Makoto anymore. Might go back to Cammy, my original main in Vanilla. I think the new Cammy is pretty dope.

AkumaHokoru said:
I think I'm done playing online at all after gafbats.

I do not blame you in the least.

As much as I enjoy online being my outlet for playing against people during the week, it's also hugely frustrating.

I honestly don't know if bandwidth / netcode outside of Japan will ever be up to snuff, and designing the games with such an intense focus on timing when there's such a margin for error is a recipe for disaster IMO.

Not saying we need to flatline the game, but design the thing from the ground up with latency issues in mind.

I think something fun could be the result of it.

Threi

notag
indeed online isn't really that fun...unless you are those rare talents who outclass everyone in the game anywyas and not just the regular peasants like us.

But yeah I came really close to breaking the disc in half today. Had it in my hand, changed my mind at the last second. Salty and free I am, I know.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I think it took like 20 games tonight of being like "wtf I blocked that..." and about 800pp to realize my stick was malfunctioning. Nuts.

The Take Out Bandit said:
I do not blame you in the least.

As much as I enjoy online being my outlet for playing against people during the week, it's also hugely frustrating.

I honestly don't know if bandwidth / netcode outside of Japan will ever be up to snuff, and designing the games with such an intense focus on timing when there's such a margin for error is a recipe for disaster IMO.

Not saying we need to flatline the game, but design the thing from the ground up with latency issues in mind.

I think something fun could be the result of it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the timing (for combos, anyway) is the same regardless of how laggy it is. It's just that not getting the right visual cues at the right moment might throw you off.

But yeah, online for this game is ruined forever once you start playing offline. Just wish I had a better local scene, but alas...

The Take Out Bandit said:
The T.Hawk rivalry!

Haha - good stuff.

Thanks for playing guys. I won a few more matches tonight! :O

Got to keep practicing. I was proud of that FA>U1 against Sagat, even if I lost the match.

Your Zangief is beast, "almost" got me. Too bad on that Ultra though. If you did standing 720, you've been gdlk. ggs psn. Beef makes me very salty.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
holdbrillanj said:
Cody's bnb's are easy 2-3 frame links. His max dmg meterless punish combo (j.hp, f.mp,st.mp, c.fp xx HP criminal upper) is hard tho. Two hard 1-frame links

Yagami and bubblan is their names. Skatanmilla was here last year i think it was. Considered top 5 in EU by mago.

The best advice i can give you is not to jump forward with akuma unless you got air fireballs covering you and putting the opponent in blockstun. Cody has sick anti airs and they do great damage.

Ah yeah I know of those guys :). Aye I gotta stop doing naked jump ins, I got some of that mike ross syndrome of just jumping and jumping and eating AAs all day.

Threi said:
indeed online isn't really that fun...unless you are those rare talents who outclass everyone in the game anywyas and not just the regular peasants like us.

But yeah I came really close to breaking the disc in half today. Had it in my hand, changed my mind at the last second. Salty and free I am, I know.

Online is NEVER fun against randoms, which is why I lust for a healthy euro gaf community and I'm not gonna rest until we got a big list of sexy pc players. When it comes to online you can be frigging daigos mum and you'll still lose to juris who do nothing but air kicks and pinwheel kicks that you'll never be able to block because of lag.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
In the words of pops from Friday. You win some, you lose some. But you live. You live to fight another day!

But yeah. Last night was horrible. Both LIVE and JTV had issues. Live was even more laggy than usual. JTV. Well. Some cases my stream was like a minute behind the actual matches. LOL. Funny seeing Kuma raging but the match just starting.

JJcao

Neo Member
I had an long and tire session last night in rank. I lost every match to Mago's fei, Took a game from Poongko maybe he ran out of redbull j/k lol. Also fought the Beast Dago and KoujiKOG T.Hawk and few other big name and came very close in a couple game. With all set and done i lost about 800pp that night lolz

Here is some videos

VS Poongko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT7KjB_IeeQ

VS KoujiKOG (KOG)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPNjgiARvrI

I will upload more matches vs dago, Tonpy, ojisan, catz eye and many more in a few days

Threi

notag
ok im going to commit finally to an alt.

*drumroll*

bQAIL.gif

ACCEPT ME HUG-GAF

JJcao said:
I had an long and tire session last night in rank. I lost every match to Mago's fei, Took a game from Poongko maybe he ran out of redbull j/k lol. Also fought the Beast Dago and KoujiKOG T.Hawk and few other big name and came very close in a couple game. With all set and done i lost about 800pp that night lolz

Here is some videos

VS Poongko

VS KoujiKOG (KOG)

I will upload more matches vs dago, Tonpy, ojisan, catz eye and many more in a few days

Cool matches man!! Nice GT, lmao! ;-)

edit: I think that's the way to beat Poongko, just bait his ass. He's such a high risk/reward player.

SephirothRK said:
Your Zangief is beast, "almost" got me. Too bad on that Ultra though. If you did standing 720, you've been gdlk. ggs psn. Beef makes me very salty.

Heh heh - If I were more calm I probably could have pulled it off.

I was howling over here when I blew that opportunity. I saw you go up, and was like - YES! Then I blew it. RAGE!

My biggest flaw is panicking and leaving big, huge openings.

LakeEarth

AZ Greg said:
Getting spaced out/timed out is not gonna help create a positive mindset! :(
Yeah, I hate it. I think the reason why I love playing Hugo in 3s so much is because running away isn't effective in that game, your opponent has to get in your face eventually.

JJcao said:

Here is some videos

VS Poongko

VS KoujiKOG (KOG)

Lucky sonbitch, you get to play against the JP elite. >:[

Loving your GT. <3

Threi, go to hell. That is all.

Good games earlier today, holdbrillanj. Really feels like I'm learning a whole bunch just by losing to players as good as you. We really need to get PC Euro-GAF in on this so we can set up a nice Endless lobby!

Mœbius

Does anyone know where I can find a simple text list of option-selects for Akuma and Makoto?

I tried searching on the SRK forums but that place is impenetrable in terms of finding useful stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom