• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
TyrantGuardian said:
Good games earlier today, holdbrillanj. Really feels like I'm learning a whole bunch just by losing to players as good as you. We really need to get PC Euro-GAF in on this so we can set up a nice Endless lobby!

GGs indeed :)

If you want i can give you some pointers, but I'm gonna be harsh

rivals

holdbrillanj said:
GGs indeed :)

If you want i can give you some pointers, but I'm gonna be harsh

I think in general this should happen. One of the best parts about playing with people you know as opposed to randoms online is the fact that they can provide feedback.

Also if anyone wants to add (and body) me on GFWL my GT is r1vls. West coast US for what it's worth.

comrade

rivals said:
I think in general this should happen. One of the best parts about playing with people you know as opposed to randoms online is the fact that they can provide feedback.

Also if anyone wants to add (and body) me on GFWL my GT is r1vls. West coast US for what it's worth.
Feel free to add me. I'm west coast as well with a great connection. GT is vapr. I'm at work right now but I'll be playing tonight.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
pirateben said:
Does anyone know where I can find a simple text list of option-selects for Akuma and Makoto?

I tried searching on the SRK forums but that place is impenetrable in terms of finding useful stuff.

It's not hard to find info on the Makoto board but she has so many option selects and character specific stuff and setups and quirks that it's ridiculous. Completely fucking ridiculous.

So what are you looking to option select with her, specifically? Backdashes? If you get an untechable knockdown, just safe jump then option select the cr.hp. Unless you're fighting a character this doesn't work on, in which case you can use the f.mk target combo instead.

If you're not in a position to safe jump (like after an ex hayate or hk tsuguri or something), then you can just dash right next to their body and option select a sweep off of a chain. cr.lp, cr.lp + cr.hp. If you press the cr.lp and the cr.hp at the same time, the cr.hp will usually have priority. But because you did the cr.lp before, and cr.lp x 2 is a chain, the chain will have priority over the cr.hp so you'll get the 2nd cr.lp if they block, and the sweep if the first cr.lp whiffs because they did a wakeup backdash or some other invincible move.

Post-hayate, f+lp+dash will either keep them locked down, or you'll dash forward if they backdash so you can maintain pressure. Against most characters you won't be able to punish the backdash because of the recovery from the f+lp, but at least you'll be able to stay in their face.

Those are her basic option selects. She has a lot more when it comes to dealing with specific characters. For example, cr.lp, qcb+st.lp+lk+mk will grab Viper clean out of wakeup ex seismo, and safejump os U1 will hit Cody out of literally every button he can press after an untechable knockdown (I think). You'll just have to explore certain matchups for yourself to see what works in what situations.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So gaf. Any OSs with akuma that aren't mindnumbingly difficult to do? Or that are useful for that matter.

USD

Level|Up will be streaming the West Coast SBO qualifier tomorrow at Round1. Tourney starts at 12PM PDT, casuals an hour earlier.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Well, so the pc patch has broken the game. SURPRISE! GASP!
The game prompts the following :

- there's an update want to update? Yes
- Updating....save progress and finish the game so the update can finish. Close game.
- GFWL setup/patch starts, failed to patch.

And since I can't patch I can't be online.

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
TyrantGuardian said:
Oh for sure. I've only been playing SF4 for a week now and any help is hugely appreciated.

First, blockstrings. Whenever you got close, you always went for two jabs into c.mp, or two c.mp. Then you finished with EX fireball or sweep, regardless if i blocked or not. After a two jabs or a c.mp, i have no reason to press any buttons because you are outside throw range. Sweep is unsafe on block or focus food, and EX fireball is a waste of meter on block.

In the 15 or so games,i think you threw me twice, and neither of those times were tick throws. You gotta mix it up with throws, frametraps, lows, demon flip cancles and a overhead now and then. If you got super and wanna finish the round, try a kara demon. Its not hard in SF4 unlike 3s

Like i said to corky you should not jump forward with akuma unless you got air fireballs covering you or the opponent is knocked down. Fullscreen HK/EX demonflips is a bad idea.

When i knocked you down, you just blocked every single time. You gotta show me that you are willing to throw out a uppercut now and then. Akuma HP uppercut is FADC able on the second hit, so you can confirm that it hits and not waste 2 bars. Also, you should use backdash, wakeup focus attack then backdash or a teleport now and then. Mix it up.

You tried to do the srk fadc red fireball after akumas BnB. A heavely scaled fireball after a long combo is never worth 2 bars unless you know the opponent is close to stun or is gonna die. With akuma you should save meter for SRK FADC as a pressure tool/wakeup option, or use it for EX flips/EX fireballs.

Last, anti airs. You anti aired me once or twice in 15 games. If i see you aint punishing my jumps, I'm just gonna keep doing it. Akuma anti air demon is one of the scaries anti airs in the game. It's not easy, but when you are confertable with c.fp/srk its something to look into.

The way i improved as a player, was playing people better than me, and then watching the replays and see what i did wrong. Basically, why did i take damage, and how did the opponent avoid taking damage from me.

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
Corky said:
Well, so the pc patch has broken the game. SURPRISE! GASP!
The game prompts the following :

- there's an update want to update? Yes
- Updating....save progress and finish the game so the update can finish. Close game.
- GFWL setup/patch starts, failed to patch.

And since I can't patch I can't be online.

Patch was mad buggy for me as well. Had to install it 3 times before i got the patcher to show up. Try a few more times or re install

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
posted this on the Mahvel thread

http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/15/japan-invades-evo/
Tokido
Mago
Momochi
Daigo Umehara
Kindevu (2010 SBO Street Fighter champ)
Chocoblanka
RF

Unranked strong players
KSK (Gamers Vision founder)
Kayo Police (Japanese model)
Shiro
Fuudo
Gama no Abura (host of NSB Nagoya Street Battle)
Freida (Arcana Heart/MvC3/MK9)
Shungoku Neurosis

Plus:
Kuni Funada
Takahito Nabeyama (NABE)
Fusuke Toyota (Nyansi)

Good luck to all the Japanese and other international competitors at Evo 2011!

Maybe she's a fan of Charizard's JPN name.

"LIZARDON!!"

wZrnV.png

jman2050

Speaking of her, I love how Viper is just as trollish in-canon as she is being played. Elaborate martial arts, spiritual energy beams, psycho power shenanigans? Who needs that garbage when you have boots that shoot fire and gloves that shoot lightning?

LakeEarth said:
Can anyone else get this "pick a new icon and title and play an xbox live match" achievement? Does ranked not count?
Did you change them both, or just one? It has to be both changed to the new Oni/Yun/etc icons.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
posted this on the Mahvel thread

http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/15/japan-invades-evo/
Tokido
Mago
Momochi
Daigo Umehara
Kindevu (2010 SBO Street Fighter champ)
Chocoblanka
RF

Unranked strong players
KSK (Gamers Vision founder)
Kayo Police (Japanese model)
Shiro
Fuudo
Gama no Abura (host of NSB Nagoya Street Battle)
Freida (Arcana Heart/MvC3/MK9)
Shungoku Neurosis

Plus:
Kuni Funada
Takahito Nabeyama (NABE)
Fusuke Toyota (Nyansi)

Good luck to all the Japanese and other international competitors at Evo 2011!
Evo Overlords.

At least in AE

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Someone on SRK just said that it's "Limiter, off!" which sounds pretty reasonable. Always thought the first word sounded like it started with an "m" sound though. Maybe I'm deaf and/or retarded.

AZ Greg said:
Dammit Lost, you just ruined threi. Good job!

>:|

Wait, what'd I do?

Threi

notag
nah that's not it deejay doesn't have any aspect of his game anymore that is really horrible. its the players. You are clearly the better player.

Anyways on the bright side I can say that at the very least since vanilla came out I have never ragequit on anyone or have ever sent a negative message to anyone. That's gotta be worth something :)

Threi said:
nah that's not it deejay doesn't have any aspect of his game anymore that is really horrible. its the players. You are clearly the better player.

Anyways on the bright side I can say that at the very least since vanilla came out I have never ragequit on anyone or have ever sent a negative message to anyone. That's gotta be worth something :)

Me neither. If anything I send <3 mail.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Threi said:

:(

I hope you don't think I was trolling you by not picking Makoto or something. I'm not SUPER AWESOME AMAZING with Cammy or anything, but I've played her on the side since vanilla, and for several months I played her pretty seriously, so I'm OK-ish with her.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Heh, he broke his disc after I beat him? Well...er...at least copies of Super are probably pretty cheap nowadays if he wants to jump back in.

Anyway, MK9 is awesome. I wish more of you played it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom