• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunbladeV

Banned
Chris Hu

you just don't know how godlike and how lucky am I ! Another small fire happen in our building. No one hurt, but the fire man break my door only! I am pissed!

USD

GunbladeV said:
Chris Hu

you just don't know how godlike and how lucky am I ! Another small fire happen in our building. No one hurt, but the fire man break my door only! I am pissed!
Upgrading to "Holy Shit tier" must have helped. That would have been fucked up if it happened again.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
ggs holdbrillanj I can't play for shit today sorry for bailing on ya but I just want to die right now, I'm just having a godawful input day.

edit : I spilled water on my pad yesterday while playing against sam vines but I kept playing after shaking out all the water. But now it randomly turns off and all my SF buttons are back to default mapping, is this because of SF itself or something that's happening each time the pad loses contact with the pc?

Mœbius

Lost Fragment said:
It's not hard to find info on the Makoto board but she has so many option selects and character specific stuff and setups and quirks that it's ridiculous. Completely fucking ridiculous.

So what are you looking to option select with her, specifically? Backdashes? If you get an untechable knockdown, just safe jump then option select the cr.hp. Unless you're fighting a character this doesn't work on, in which case you can use the f.mk target combo instead.

If you're not in a position to safe jump (like after an ex hayate or hk tsuguri or something), then you can just dash right next to their body and option select a sweep off of a chain. cr.lp, cr.lp + cr.hp. If you press the cr.lp and the cr.hp at the same time, the cr.hp will usually have priority. But because you did the cr.lp before, and cr.lp x 2 is a chain, the chain will have priority over the cr.hp so you'll get the 2nd cr.lp if they block, and the sweep if the first cr.lp whiffs because they did a wakeup backdash or some other invincible move.

Post-hayate, f+lp+dash will either keep them locked down, or you'll dash forward if they backdash so you can maintain pressure. Against most characters you won't be able to punish the backdash because of the recovery from the f+lp, but at least you'll be able to stay in their face.

Those are her basic option selects. She has a lot more when it comes to dealing with specific characters. For example, cr.lp, qcb+st.lp+lk+mk will grab Viper clean out of wakeup ex seismo, and safejump os U1 will hit Cody out of literally every button he can press after an untechable knockdown (I think). You'll just have to explore certain matchups for yourself to see what works in what situations.
Yo, thanks for the huge reply Lost - much appreciated man!

Regarding what I was looking to OS specifically - nothing really; as I said, I wanted to get a general overview (if not every single character specific OS) of the core punishes in her game against most of the cast.

I guess I'll use the basic ones you've mentioned above as a starting point for Mak, so again - thanks!

In a general sense I also wanted to start learning how to incorporate OSs as a standard part of my game now with my mains - as I think this is one of the things I need to step up my game to the next level.... playing all the top players out here in Taiwan I'm constantly getting bodied because i'm not punishing in OS possible situations whereas they are.

Threi

notag
AZ Greg said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22245480&postcount=26611

galol.gif
yup, I am well aware of the fact that i'm a huge hypocrite.

anyways a day later and i feel...better?

seriously it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Threi said:
yup, I am well aware of the fact that i'm a huge hypocrite.

anyways a day later and i feel...better?

seriously it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

It's on Game on Demand. Go get it!

Axis

USD said:
Tonight, NSB is going to be streaming Nagoya Monogatari 8, a Vampire Savior tournament. The tournament is scheduled for 1AM EDT, but there will most likely be casuals before. Stream will be here:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nsb2
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nsb3

Bracket (currently incomplete):

http://challonge.com/savior20110717

Right now NSB is streaming some training mode stuff on nsb2.

they had a pre-tournament last night...kosho's bulleta makes me so jealous. soooooo fucking good

LakeEarth

I once got so pissed off at a TMNT Tiger Electronic hand held system that I whipped it into a wall. The screen became a black shattered mess. So I understand.

Threi

notag
once again i wasn't really pissed...at all.

think of it as a buildup of stress over a long time, which may or may not have contributed to your (poor) health, and you just getting fed up.

Zero rage.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Threi said:
once again i wasn't really pissed...at all.

think of it as a buildup of stress over a long time, which may or may not have contributed to your (poor) health, and you just getting fed up.

Zero rage.

Stop living in denial and accept your fate. Join me and we'll smash every single copy of AE to bits.

edit : gah I just remembered, you're Deejay, I want nothing to do with you. Hope the cops catch you for what you did :I

The only fighting game related damage I've done is biting off my SNES' select button after something really pissed me off in MK1. Hell, I think it might've even been in Test Your Might. I still have that controller.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
GunbladeV said:
Chris Hu

Oooh, are you the real Chris Hu?

Good to hear that you're okay. Too bad about your door.

Welcome to GAF!

SamVimes

Stream's up, JWong's team against Valle's Team.
EDIT: i think i got it wrong, Jwong and Valle are in the same team against xsksamurai and anotherguy.

Degen

that poor FreeJay Free60 player. Just a doomed combination from the start ;(

they see me trollin and, oh. they hatin.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The only people that should be getting mad at this game are people posting at SRK and Eventhubs. We GAFFERS are better than that. Win, lose. It's only a game. The idea is trying to find entertainment from it all. When you play online, it's against Capcom's netcode and your opponent. And with the former, it could always go both ways whether your skill level is greatly above your opponent or not. Shit happens.

I'll be playing later when things die down around here. Really like using Yang.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
dragonballjoseph said:
To be fair, I'd break my disc too if I lost to fragment...

I would totally challenge you to a "ft10, loser breaks his disc and posts that shit on GAF" match if I could even spare the $10 to replace my disc right now.

Back from Drom's Tournament in Davis. I was on the FinestKO stream blowing up some Boxer player (which was the highlight of the day for me), but I went 1-2 and lost to the same Ken player twice. Thanks, Double Jeopardy. I'm not exaggerating when I say that 1/4 of the entrants were Ken players. God damn.

USD

Threi

notag
Lost Fragment said:
Can't decide if it would be too mean if I uploaded my matches with Threi last night and edited this in as the soundtrack.

:)
go ahead.

seriously.

gotta clear this up (again): the result of our match was not the reason why I did what I did, I did not rage at all, I wasn't even mad.

If I was raging I would be speaking in all caps about how easymode M. Bison has become, to the point where it's disgusting.\

Satyamdas

Banned
Threi said:
go ahead.

seriously.

gotta clear this up (again): the result of our match was not the reason why I did what I did, I did not rage at all, I wasn't even mad.

If I was raging I would be speaking in all caps about how easymode M. Bison has become, to the point where it's disgusting.\
You mean like this???

<threi> when a bison player pushes buttons
<threi> with no reason behind them
<threi> and wins
<threi> cr short, cr rh...um
<threi> cr.forward
<threi> SCISSORS
<threi> OMG
<threi> I AM SO GDLK
<threi> I AM SO GUNNA UPLOAD TO YOUTUBE AND TALK SHIT
<threi> thats the worst part
<threi> you know they think they're hot shit
<threi> fucking lazy ass pieces of shit

J/K threi you know I <3 U. Please blow off the appropriate amount of steam and then come back to AE so I can get revenge for the last match we played. >:|

Any of you GAF-heads going to Evo this year?

AZ Greg was in my pool last year and I didn't even see him TBH D:

I'll be far freer this year but 4 wins to get outta pools should be really doable.

Edit: lol, good shit Prof. Beef with those sweet empty jump ultras. Gotta love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom