• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
God's Beard said:
lol Mike Ross vs ClakeyD right off the bat.

I believe in Mike Ross, but ClakeyD's Ibuki is god like and he's been messing around with Yun right? The odds are against mike big time. :(

notworksafe

So I PM'd MrWizard to ask about pool switching and he said.

We make every attempt to seed the tournament by region to prevent situations like this one from happening. This year there are more players from Texas attending EVO than the are pools available. In this situation, we have no choice but to put two players from the same region into the same pool. Moving either of you into another pool could be considered unfair to another player from Texas. Under these circumstances, we are choosing to leave the brackets as is.
That's cool and all...but I'm from New Mexico. And we only have like 10 people playing in SSF4. Frustrating. :\

USD

I wish that desperation Ken EX Air Tatsumaki → Shinryuken didn't have a 100% success rate when used on me.

notworksafe

eissan said:
can someone explain to me why my name is on the stupid spreadsheet?! I am not even good...
Did you post about it on twitter or SRK? I did both while bitching and trying to get a new pool and my name is in there now.

EDIT: DBJ is in there too. :eek:

vulva

God's Beard said:
http://twitter.com/#!/justinbieber/status/95286867116830720
he's got our backs, BELIEVE erm BELIEBE

Believe
In
Everything
Because
Everything's
Reachable

He's telling me I'll win evo ;3.

Super Street Fighter IV
Station 3, Friday, 10:00 AM
Pool 22

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
AkumaHokoru said:
2 people come from each pool. the overall winner who won without losing. and the 2nd place winner who won with 1 loss

ah cool, cheers mate.

SamVimes said:
So now FGs are cool and a turn-on for girls, right?

EDIT: Dieminion, Eita and Fuudo in the same pool? Seriously?

I feel pretty bad for Dieminion too but the decision to put these two in the same pool really confused me. Both are two of the 10 or so Japanese players flying out from Japan and they're put in the same pool despite there being over 90 of them confirmed so far. It just doesn't seem right, I don't think any foreign players(with the exception being Canada I guess) should be in the same pool as there fellow countryman, especially if there are very few of them in attendance.

Aruarian Reflection said:
Woah, how did Gootecks get in the same pool as Xian? I don't know if Gootecks will be pimping Team Singapore so enthusiastically now =P
No biggie, it's not like Gootecks would have been a threat if Xian wasn't sharing the dame pool.

SamVimes

Dieminion can surely do this, the point is that it's bullshit to have so many good players in a pool (the same goes with PR Rog pool) when there are pools that have only pot monsters.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
jlai said:
Art can't spell my name correctly :(

http://twitter.com/#!/nycfurby/status/95675602270560257

http://twitter.com/#!/nycfurby/status/95708125948162048

Had nice long sets with him. Hope the practice helps you out if you run into Shiro. GL at EVO, do it for GAF!

I'm really sorry, I don't know why I saw you "l" as a "t" But none the less, good games. Should practice again today. I wanted to practice more but I was too fucking tired. The makoto matchup is way too much of a problem. My chars are ass, I hate this game, bla bla bla hahaha

Just read the last 20 pages cause i was bored...kadey is pretty much spot on as to why known plaeyrs dont like posting in forums.

And the amount of speculation coming from King of Chinatown made me laugh, p much. I will say a lot of what you (gaf) said (from a outsiders point of view) was sorta kinda sorta close..kinda...but I dont really wanna elaborate too much.

That being said, if you actually want to read aboutactual EMP drama from the players actually..involved in the scene, you might wanna read this for the lolz.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/guard-crush-team-battles-2-results-7-13.141177/

I didn't know this kind of trolling existed on srk anymore. The forums havent been what they used to be in years now. I don't go there generally for any info outside tourney results.

I don't really consider myself a gaffer. I do shout you gusy out all the time though but theres clearly a lot of subculture here that I really have no clue about.

need more practice against makotoooo. Guess for the next 2 weeks until SBO quals im back to being an AE player. :(

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
SamVimes said:
Dieminion can surely do this, the point is that it's bullshit to have so many good players in a pool (the same goes with PR Rog pool) when there are pools that have only pot monsters.

We don't have the complete pool assignments yet (and probably never will) so there's a lot of good players still unaccounted for. Some of these pools are BS though (Fuudo and Eita in the same pool wtf)

Have you guys been running into a lot of Seths lately?

I fought an endless lobby last night entire of Seth players last night, and I they all seemed to be pretty new to him. I had a 15 win streak until I finally lost bailed out. It's hilarious how obvious they buffer that Ultra when they are from across the screen, LOL!!

Invisible_Insane said:
I thought there were something on the order of 2K+ entrants for Super? I only saw 91 pools on that spreadsheet.

There are only 91 pools on the spreadsheet, but that doesn't make sense. One pool won't have players to play against in the next round. Shouldn't there be an even# amount of pools?

SamVimes

What do you think the top 8 will look like?
In a random order i think it will probably be like this:
Daigo
Ricky Ortiz
Momochi
Tokido
Infiltration
Wolfkrone
Poongko
Mago

Other notable mentions: Arturo (as long as he doesn't run into too many twins), Shiro, Mike Ross, Kindevu, Banana Ken and RF.

Crisis

Banned
BotoxAgent said:
Have you guys been running into a lot of Seths lately?

I fought an endless lobby last night entire of Seth players last night, and I they all seemed to be pretty new to him. I had a 15 win streak until I finally lost bailed out. It's hilarious how obvious they buffer that Ultra when they are from across the screen, LOL!!

Yes and yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom