• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
_dementia said:
I think it was jtv, not stickcam
was on stickam and everyone saw how shitty it was, then it switched to ustream and justin.tv

EDit: yes you are correct, I thought you guys were talking about the whole event.

* Super Street Fighter IV
* Station 5, Friday, 04:00 PM
Pool 81

* Marvel vs. Capcom 3
* Station 13, Saturday, 10:00 AM
Pool 28

Sooooooooooooo ready.

I'll check for you Eissan:

* Station 18, Friday, 10:00 AM
Pool 37

eissan

Killa Sasa said:
* Station 5, Friday, 04:00 PM
Pool 81

* Marvel vs. Capcom 3
* Station 13, Saturday, 10:00 AM
Pool 28

Sooooooooooooo ready.

I'll check for you Eissan:

* Station 18, Friday, 10:00 AM
Pool 37
AHHHHH SHIIIIITTTTTT!!!! I am hyped and ready to go! STATION 18 IS GONNA GET BODIED BY MY ROO!!!

omg I am going to get blown up :D

kitzkozan

Rice-Eater said:
I listened to the latest Wake Up SRK. A couple of interesting notes

-Much higher number of entrants compared to last year(no surprise here)
-SSF4AE take the top spot with Marvel 2nd, MK 3rd, and Tekken and Blazblue with a similar number of entrants
-Top 32 for SSF4 was a huge hit last year so this year they will do it again for both SSF4AE and Marvel

I have to say I'm very excited about Top 32 for both games. Top 32 for SSF4 was so hype last year. Easily some of the best matches seen at EVO or the entire 2010 year. Can't wait to watch it live(or maybe I'll be on stage as one of the competitors, lol, yeah right).

Both SSFIV AE and MvC3 will be interesting, but for completely different reasons.

MvC3 is mad broken right now, but there's huge interest in seeing anti-phoenix tactics. The main storyline however is seeing if Tokido can repeat and win it all against the best US talent pool. He's got a very good chance, but we could see a couple of counter teams or perhaps Tokido will have a secret weapon. :)

SSFIV AE will be dominated by asian players, but I'm excited to see Poongko run a train over the comp and perhaps win it all. The level of play will be ridiculous, especially once we reach the top 32.

prodystopian said:
What does this mean exactly? Top 32 as 'semifinals', then top 8 on Sunday, or Top32 as the 'finals' on Sunday?

Edit: Is the schedule out yet? I couldn't find it when I looked this weekend.

For the new page.

prodystopian said:
Thanks, I knew I saw it somewhere. Anyone know about the Top32 situation, though? Is finals just Top 8 on Sunday?

Wizard said they would do it on different nights, but seeing as how EVO is only a 3 day event that is only possible if they did one on Friday and then the other on Saturday. But can they wrap up a 1500+ man tourney by 10PM(or so) so they can do top 32 for one or the other on Friday night? If they can then I'd love see it, but if they can't I don't mind at all if it were held one after the other on Saturday.

Imm0rt4l

I really hate that I won't get to watch EVO live this year, hopefully the stream is on point cuz I'm not trying to see it cut out in grand finals.

zlatko said:
There's another guy running around on Gaf who's a junior that stole a similar Gray Fox avatar, and is Immortal-joe. Hunt him down!

I can't believe Evo is 4 days away. So pumped. :D
Yea I saw that, either he's a man of impeccable taste or he's a swagger jacker.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
JoeBudden Joe Budden
i was nice w EVERYBODY too... ni**a's use to get heated when u'd kill'em usin Balrog/Dhalsim/E.Honda or Zangeif, lol
http://twitter.com/#!/JoeBudden/status/95544311973822466

Super Street Fighter IV
Station 11, Friday, 02:00 PM
Pool 68

6wu6Z.jpg

So we couldn't stream the tourney I went to on Saturday due to bad venue internet, so the dude is running all recorded footage in a stream. Stream link. Also follow please. ^_^

eissan

dragonballjoseph said:
Super Street Fighter IV
Station 11, Friday, 02:00 PM
Pool 68

6wu6Z.jpg

Good luck DBJ!! :) When are you getting to vegas, we should have some MM's!! I will be there from Wednesday night to Tuesday.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Let's make things interesting. :)

I'll say it now. Any GAFFER makes top 32 gets $100 from me. Top 16 $200,Top 8 $300 and if you win the whole thing $500.

We are NeoGAF. We are not free.

Chavelo

Kadey said:

I'll say it now. Any GAFFER makes top 32 gets $100 from me. Top 16 $200,Top 8 $300 and if you win the whole thing $500.

We so free, that even hobos are scared to touch us to how free and used we are... :D

SamVimes

Kadey said:

Is Arturo included? :D

Imm0rt4l said:
News to me.

I don't use home, but I feel compelled to give this a try. Any guys in gafchat gonna stream through home?
I will, but just briefly each day so i can download the virtual evo shirt, arcade stick and trophy.

I can't imagine they'll run it with Spooky's commentary uncensored, lol.

Imm0rt4l

_dementia said:
I will, but just briefly each day so i can download the virtual evo shirt, arcade stick and trophy.

I can't imagine they'll run it with Spooky's commentary uncensored, lol.
Oh I see, with G4 backing wouldn't their be less cursing?

Kadey said:

We need more people on here with attitudes like this :D good shit

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
God's Beard said:
<Ponder`> btw, if you thought we were done with evo hype, you were wrong.
<Ponder`> adam sessler will be doing the finals on sunday with morgan webb
I really really hope that's not true.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
" oh...OH...he's doing that...yeah he did it"
" hitting him with a flurry of hits "
" OOOOOOOOOOOH it's gonna hi.... no no it missed "

Corky said:
" oh...OH...he's doing that...yeah he did it"
" hitting him with a flurry of hits "
" OOOOOOOOOOOH it's gonna hi.... no no it missed "

my favorite was during the mike ross/gamerbee match:

*ross makes comeback with jab hands fadc ultra 2*
sessler: "oooh! SURPRISE GRAB!!!!"

I'm glad I was there in person last year.

Imm0rt4l

I for one am looking forward to Adam "it's all tied up" sesslers commentary.

MIMIC said:
I'm back! What have I missed?

Has Capcom fixed Yun yet? =p
welcome back, saw that you were banned on some bs on facebook.

zlatko

Banned
Ultimoo said:
someone tell him this year that there is a difference between winning a round and a game please. D:

NO! I want the freshest sizzle of Sessler I can get. He better not be studying up. He is a meme production machine when you let him out into the wild raring to go. The only thing I want him to have before going into this is 3 lines of blow. AWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom