• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrogue

You're both ass.
b8qop5.jpg

rbrogue

I've never used him in tournaments or ranked ^_^ I will admit though, after playing viper, not needing good execution to win is pretty gdlk.

Corky said:
since everybody is speaking of juri, how execution heavy is she? What is her most difficult yet BNB combo?
I would put her at moderate for execution requirements. while some shit is braindead other things are hard for no reason. I have things in my arsenal that are impossible online though.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
rbrogue said:
I will admit though, after playing viper, not needing good execution to win is pretty gdlk.

One of the big reasons I haven't played much Viper since vanilla. When I use her the game still clicks in a way that doesn't click when I play other characters, but bitch is seriously exhausting to play. I feel like I need to drink a pot of coffee before playing her.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Corky said:
is this real life? Am I fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally going to get to watch this? What's it been, like LOTR-esque time in development?

Technically, it was finished a long time ago, but the director has been shopping the documentary around at film festivals hoping somebody would pick it up for distribution. Looks like he'll have to settle for G4 though =/

USD

I guess it was everyone's assumption that I'd be making the EVO thread, so I started on it. I'm no graphics designer though, it will probably be as basic as every other thread I've ever made.
jlai said:
I assumed the Road to Evo thread was the Evo thread
When I made the Road to EVO thread, it wasn't my intention for it to be the EVO thread (3+ weeks is a little early), but I guess I could just modify it to be the EVO OT. I won't lie, most of the stuff that will end up in the EVO thread will be copy-pasted (with slight modification) from the Road thread anyway.

Regardless, it will definitely be up tomorrow.

Imm0rt4l

Cloudius12 said:
it was bad?
Yea, it was pretty shitty, dude. Really bad dub on Alyssa and Xiaoyu who are on screen for 90% of the movie. The plot makes no sense when it came down to the final fight scene. I was cringing in my seat during a lot of the dialogue and theirs quite a bit of it.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
mastershake said:
anyone know why gootecks was yelling at poongko?

Well I don't think its actually confirmed to be Poongko, but someone moved the camera and exposed the Cross Counter "studios" to be Gootecks tiny apartment with a blanket on the wall. Gootecks raged and said he would punch whoever moved the camera in the face.

Vid here;

http://www.twitch.tv/mrbotellas/b/291099168

Also kinda funny considering Gootecks said they had 70+ people in there during some of their vids.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Conceited said:
Well I don't think its actually confirmed to be Poongko, but someone moved the camera and exposed the Cross Counter "studios" to be Gootecks tiny apartment with a blanket on the wall. Gootecks raged and said he would punch whoever moved the camera in the face.

Vid here;

http://www.twitch.tv/mrbotellas/b/291099168

Also kinda funny considering Gootecks said they had 70+ people in there during some of their vids.

Heh. On one hand, I kinda always assumed that they just hung a blanket up at dude's house and filmed in front of that. On the other, I can understand Gootecks getting kinda upset. He's trying really hard to make what he's doing bigger and bigger and bigger, and perception is a big part of marketing that.

AZ Greg

Funniest thing about Gootecks rage is that had he played it off and not made a scene nobody would have cared or said anything. Now it'll get way more attention thanks to how he reacted haha.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
macuser1of5 said:
Wow that was some rage. Kind of understand but let's be honest I don't think anyone believed they were renting out studio space. Gotta lock your tripod!

In past videos where Gootecks was commuting in a car, he would make references like "I'm on my way to the studio now". Since he has visited the actual Machinima building before, I just assumed he and Mike filmed their episodes at Machinima. I hadn't considered that his set-up might just be a blanket on the wall, though truthfully it's not like I've spent more than a couple seconds thinking about it. Still, feels like Santa Claus died today :(

It reminds me of the American broadcasters at Korean starcraft tournaments who appear like they're live at the scene of the tournament, but in reality, they're sitting in a warehouse somewhere and are CG'd into the shot.

Imm0rt4l

AZ Greg said:
Funniest thing about Gootecks rage is that had he played it off and not made a scene nobody would have cared or said anything. Now it'll get way more attention thanks to how he reacted haha.
This is so true, most assumed that the 'studio' was his place anyways. Now we're going to be hearing during EVO about how Gootecks dirty bulled poongko.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
Imm0rt4l said:
This is so true, everybody assumed that the 'studio' was his place anyways.

I, like Aruarian Reflection thought they shot it at Machinima.

It's only a matter of time before this ends up on MrPavySRK's channel.

Nyoro SF

I didn't even know Machinima had their own studio. Is that bad?

I guess the only people that would really care about the recording location are people that aren't familiar with streams from the FGC being held pretty much anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom