• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
macuser1of5 said:
Strangely it seems to run better in 720p

Can any of the pros tell my why Poongko isn't doing the stomp combos on Guy? Just messing about or do they not work?

He screwed up so often that he gave up on them altogether. But great set by the two, Combofiend started the set with 6 straight wins, but Poongko ended very strong winning 6 of the last 9.

zlatko

Banned
Aruarian Reflection said:
Here's the Starcraft 2 shot I mentioned:

v9ZUY.jpg

Yo wait, you think Artosis and Tasteless aren't in that actual room? LMFAO! You high? Numerous times foreign players walk by them when they are Live, and glance at them/talk to them. Plus, when they do stupid stuff, the audience behind them always looks back at them.

The second shot here is just showing the flimsiness of their set up and that it is movable.

There is no fucking CG background man. They are there.

USD

What the fuck, you can backdash Ultra Spark? Was focusing when Fuerte mashed out UC2; I mashed on backdash expecting to still get caught, but it whiffed.

Poongko's face when he's playing is killing me. I'm guessing he's pretty jet lagged.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Aruarian Reflection said:
Here's the Starcraft 2 shot I mentioned:

v9ZUY.jpg

Dude, that is not edited in, they're right there in the studio, unless there editors are THAT good as to have players exit booths, walk over high five them, or knock into their setup?

USD

Conceited said:
Gootecks spamming the shit out of those ads.
I don't even get ads on JTV anymore in my primary browser, even though I haven't changed any ad block settings for years.

Ok, I'm organizing all my Skill questions right now. Basically I broke them down by game or in general questions. All of them are either edited to flow better or if they were similar to my questions, I blended them together. I have about 25 questions that I think are pretty solid.

There were a couple that I was on the edge of adding, but they were a little too intense so I decided against it.

"Other than the website leak, previously there was a leaker named Lupinko infamous for dropping massive amounts of game data way in advance of a game's release. However, this time he was unusually vague, consistently baiting several forums while barely giving away anything, as well as being uncharacteristically close to the official announcement of UMVC3. This sort of hype strategy seems like the sort of easy, low cost strategy that a community manager would come up with. How does Capcom plan to effectively use viral marketing to promote its games?"

"With MVC3 being moved up within the fiscal year and at the time expectations for Dead Rising 2's mixed financial success in the wake of Lost Planet 2, how do you avoid the perception that Ultimate Marvel 3 is the second half to an unfinished game?"

I did include one question of this level that I think you guys will like, though.

zlatko

Banned
God's Beard said:
Ok, I'm organizing all my Skill questions right now. Basically I broke them down by game or in general questions. All of them are either edited to flow better or if they were similar to my questions, I blended them together. I have about 25 questions that I think are pretty solid.

There were a couple that I was on the edge of adding, but they were a little too intense so I decided against it.

"Other than the website leak, previously there was a leaker named Lupinko infamous for dropping massive amounts of game data way in advance of a game's release. However, this time he was unusually vague, consistently baiting several forums while barely giving away anything, as well as being uncharacteristically close to the official announcement of UMVC3. This sort of hype strategy seems like the sort of easy, low cost strategy that a community manager would come up with. How does Capcom plan to effectively use viral marketing to promote its games?"

"With MVC3 being moved up within the fiscal year and at the time expectations for Dead Rising 2's mixed financial success in the wake of Lost Planet 2, how do you avoid the perception that Ultimate Marvel 3 is the second half to an unfinished game?"

I did include one question of this level that I think you guys will like, though.

Did my online training mode question make the cut that I pmed you? :)

zlatko said:
<3 Excited to see all of your questions and his responses. Are you recording it and putting it up here after EVO, or will it be all written out?

Depends on what I can get. I'll be bringing a little movie camera I have, as well as my phone.

Mœbius

God's Beard said:
Cool - hope a couple of my questions make it too (assuming they weren't ones you already had).

USD

A lot of players already in the Vegas area or are on the way. I can feel the hype building up already.

Also, Kayo.

9s8MZ.jpg

And jesus, Poongko is always in there. The man never stops.

Satyamdas

Banned
I have it on good authority that Poongko's gdlkness comes as a result of playing SF with his head cocked precisely at an 18º angle. This angle provides maximum pwnage at all times. I will be testing this out forthwith.

Lulubop

USD said:
A lot of players already in the Vegas area or are on the way. I can feel the hype building up already.

Also, Kayo.

9s8MZ.jpg

And jesus, Poongko is always in there. The man never stops.

Oh my... Kayo <3.

zlatko

Banned
Love how Gootecks is buddies with Tastosis. <3 me some casting archon to death, and I hope he takes them up on their offer to go out to Korea for some awesome footage on CrossCounter with them. I know Tasteless plays a lot of SF4, but I'm not sure how good he is. Blanka player, and if he plays enough with Koreans at the arcade he must be decent.

Looks like this streaming thing is going to get big/blow up for CrossCounter too. They mentioned Destiny's stream from SC2, who is probably the biggest streamer for SC2 right now. Racks up 5K viewers at any hour of the day and can sail off further than that. He coaches, and runs ads, and can support himself with I think about $40,000 a year just off the ad revenue and lessons.

Gootecks got his eyes on that fight money!

MIMIC

Banned
Conceited said:
Well I don't think its actually confirmed to be Poongko, but someone moved the camera and exposed the Cross Counter "studios" to be Gootecks tiny apartment with a blanket on the wall. Gootecks raged and said he would punch whoever moved the camera in the face.

Vid here;

http://www.twitch.tv/mrbotellas/b/291099168

Also kinda funny considering Gootecks said they had 70+ people in there during some of their vids.

LOL, I watched the video twice and didn't even know what was going on until I read why Gootecks was upset. Granted, I haven't watched many of his videos so I was never aware of any studio.

But was he actually upset? When I heard him say "I'm going to punch you in the face" or whatever, I thought he was just joking around.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Wow ( as played out as this term is but ) he is crazy salty. Maybe he just had a bad day or something but that's seriously nothing to flip out over. Really? You mean that playing SF on xbl hasn't net you a million dollar studio? (no offence). Again, it's not like there's been somekind of illusion that has been broken or w/e.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom