• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the_log_ride said:
I wanna go next year just to witness all the awesomeness first hand, and to snap photos. All of SF GAF should start planning for it now!
I would love a chance to join my first GAF meetup. I went back in 08 with my IRL friends, then again in 09 with some friends in a different fightan thread. Some of the most fun I've had in a long time. I even got bodied on stream in HD Remix in 09. :lol

LakeEarth said:
That's like eating before going to a buffet.
Haha, well, I'm not a buffet person :p

RE: Meetup, I PM God's Beard my digits. I'll be there for the semi's on Friday at least and of course Sunday. Not sure beyond that what is up.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Faaqo.jpg

I recall there being a youtube channel that uploaded a bunch of old interviews with Justin and Art and Ricky and they looks so much younger. I'm salty I can't find the page.

Imm0rt4l

Professor Beef said:
Just got done watching Focus a few minutes ago. Inspiring as hell, and it makes me wanna turn on my PS3 for the first time in about a week and a half.
I did just that after watching focus, lost to adon in a shit matchup, switched to fei dominated him and then he beat me using the DUMBEST shit ever. I spent the last round of the last match spamming flamekick to emulate the stupidity that he had going on, lost then turned off the game.

Fuck Gouken

Imm0rt4l said:
I did just that after watching focus, lost to adon in a shit matchup, switched to fei dominated him and then he beat me using the DUMBEST shit ever. I spent the last round of the last match spamming flamekick to emulate the stupidity that he had going on, lost then turned off the game.

Fuck Gouken
pick Yun
win by accident

Imm0rt4l

Professor Beef said:
I thought you liked salt, immortal? Yun is like a salt generator.
Oh I do, played him on an alt account yesterday and got hate mail from 4 guys. Saying stuff like "awful yun", etc. They all lost the ft5-10s that came after, it was glorious. I'm trying to watch my sodium intake for a few days, I've already consumed enough. It's not as gratifying a win playing an op character though, unless it's a decent matchup.

Axis

Dahbomb said:
Most people on the Internet complained about Yun being broken/OP character and I had to get in on this action. To my surprise, he was no where as broken/OP as people made him out to be but he is still a very dominant character. Just not brain dead as vanilla Sagat or vanilla Wolverine, you actually have to play really well as him.

i lol'd

damage, safety, defensive options, command grab, ways to get around fireballs from full screen with meter and frame advantage on normals(not to mention a target combo that can be initiated from max range unlike others in the game)...yeah, i'd say he's OP

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Axis said:
i lol'd

damage, safety, defensive options, command grab, ways to get around fireballs from full screen with meter and frame advantage on normals(not to mention a target combo that can be initiated from max range unlike others in the game)...yeah, i'd say he's OP

The twins are OP but they're nothing compared to shit that goes on in MVC3. If I had spent my time playing nothing but Marvel all year and came back and started playing AE, I'd be like "Wait, what are y'all bitching about?" too.

I dispute that Yun is less braindead than vanilla Sagat though.

Axis

Lost Fragment said:
The twins are OP but they're nothing compared to shit that goes on in MVC3. If I had spent my time playing nothing but Marvel all year and came back and started playing AE, I'd be like "Wait, what are y'all bitching about?" too.

I dispute that Yun is less braindead than vanilla Sagat though.

agreed. wolvie, phoenix, etc...but that doesn't make the twins less op within the confines of this game.

and yeah, yun is braindead.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Rb needs to play RagingRaven, WHPsycho or Rb's Yun. Every other Yun thus far was beaten like whoever exposed Gooteck's headquarters last night by Live GAF.

You have to some sort of execution to play Yun really effectively.

Almost there! On the shuttle to the Rio, and Ryan Hart is my first top player spotting here on the bus with me :eek:

edit: oh kayane too, i guess its the french delegation

Axis

God's Beard said:
Almost there! On the shuttle to the Rio, and Ryan Hart is my first top player spotting here on the bus with me :eek:

edit: oh kayane too, i guess its the french delegation

how the fuck do you spot ryan hart before kayane?

i am fucking disappoint, gb...so fucking disappoint.

Watched Focus. Mind you, I was a bit pissy because I lost my iPad and my little girl is in the hospital, but it was definitely a good documentary.

The Evo and Devastation 2010 moments with his point of view definitely made it hype.

The movie definitely had some good production values.

I wish they would've gotten other player's opinion (besides his friend's). Also, there were a few typos (for a professional production/movie not cool).

elfinke

Just wanna say (before EVO fever really takes over) that that FOCUS film at G4 is really fucking great. I'm only ~30mins through it, but have enjoyed the hell out of it so far.

elfinke

Just out of curiosity, what projector/s do they use at Evo? Specifically the one seen in the FOCUS movie at ~44min mark. It's a nice big screen, in a well lit room producing a really nice picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom