• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
abstract alien said:
Random question, but exactly how much of a damage increase does Claw get from removing his mask?
10% given and taken I believe. He used to take 25%(?) more damage in Vanilla, but they reduced his damage penalty in Super.

Professor Beef said:
10% given and taken I believe. He used to take 25%(?) more damage in Vanilla, but they reduced his damage penalty in Super.
Cool, thanks beef. I just wish it didn't take two sticks of butter to use :^/

N4Us

FPVJx.gif

WpMSB.png

shoutouts to Chow and Samurai winning their pools earlier today dat cencal presence!!! and shoutouts to Joe and DBJ for their success today.

no shoutouts to poongko styling hard, 53 hit combo style on, of all people, a cencal player. haha.

good shit to all other gaffers that played as well.....im sure you guys repped hard too...

EC out!

Juicebox was over at Killa Sasa and the canadian delegation's room, and their Akuma player beat his Juri up on thursday. I guess he has trouble with the matchup. Also, the akume player(shinakuma204 I think?), beat my Dudley 43-0 :(

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
If a re-balance comes out, Viper's gonna get nerfed. Predicting that she'll lose frame advantage on burning kicks and will get her damage/stun output nerfed a tad. Those are the things that make the most sense to me.

Makoto should probably lose a bit of damage/stun off of her fukiage juggles and ex hayate should be -5 or so or go back to losing to focus. Otherwise I hope they don't bother her too much.

SamVimes

The point is that even if Abel is still a really good character he has bad matchups against all the top tiers, excluding maybe (if you think he's a top tier) Sagat, so he's really at disavantage in the metagame.

rbrogue

Lost Fragment said:
If a re-balance comes out, Viper's gonna get nerfed. Predicting that she'll lose frame advantage on burning kicks and will get her damage/stun output nerfed a tad. Those are the things that make the most sense to me.

I doubt they'll mess with Viper even that much. The S-tier nerf stick is going to be glorious though.

rbrogue

Eh, maybe a damage reduction from 480 to 420. Viper is pretty much perfect though. But I mean, given my avatar I've got a certain perspective on the situation.

MrMephistoX

Lost Fragment said:

Makoto should probably lose a bit of damage/stun off of her fukiage juggles and ex hayate should be -5 or so or go back to losing to focus. Otherwise I hope they don't bother her too much.
Shut your whore mouth! Please leave Makoto alone!!!! ;)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Having BIG trouble against Abel (I'm Yun). I just came back from a session where we had 200 Yun vs Abel games... I won around 120 of them but I hate those numbers.

As soon as I get into his f+MK range, I'm pretty much fucked. He'll get me locked into a corner and will get my health depleted in no time. Especially since it's a 50/50-game (either he command grabs or st.HP into continues combo).

Also, I can NOT play footsie game with this fucker. If Abel jumps on me with MK, I can't do st.MK, it will trade and this trade sucks ass.

Also, Genei-Jin is terrible against him. Not only can I not get double palm on him, but everything takes such a small amount because of his health.

halp?

Imm0rt4l

Yoshichan said:
Having BIG trouble against Abel (I'm Yun). I just came back from a session where we had 200 Yun vs Abel games... I won around 120 of them but I hate those numbers.

As soon as I get into his f+MK range, I'm pretty much fucked. He'll get me locked into a corner and will get my health depleted in no time. Especially since it's a 50/50-game (either he command grabs or st.HP into continues combo).

Also, I can NOT play footsie game with this fucker. If Abel jumps on me with MK, I can't do st.MK, it will trade and this trade sucks ass.

Also, Genei-Jin is terrible against him. Not only can I not get double palm on him, but everything takes such a small amount because of his health.

halp?

How can geneijin ever be bad? Abel vs Yun is a really good match for yun, safe divekicks all day, you do an unsafe one and it's asking for a tornado throw. safe divekicks and blockstring/combs is the name of the game, mix in command grab etc. I don't know what to say about this match really.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Imm0rt4l said:
How can geneijin ever be bad? Abel vs Yun is a really good match for yun, safe divekicks all day, you do an unsafe one and it's asking for a tornado throw. safe divekicks and blockstring/combs is the name of the game, mix in command grab etc. I don't know what to say about this match really.
Yeah, but how do I get in? Safe divekicks, sure... but he'll block that. If I get in, f+MK by Abel destroys anything I do.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So erhm... I'll ask here instead because the EVO thread is getting blown up all the time.

What are the chances that the AE finals will start just on time?
I'm going to have to go up at 04:00 am so I don't really want to gamble if there's a chance that the finals start earlier or later.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Corky said:
So erhm... I'll ask here instead because the EVO thread is getting blown up all the time.

What are the chances that the AE finals will start just on time?
I'm going to have to go up at 04:00 am so I don't really want to gamble if there's a chance that the finals start earlier or later.
Early? Negative.
On time? Zero.
Late? 100%.

SamVimes

Yoshichan said:

halp?
Just dive kick him to death, what's he gonna do about it?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
DjangoReinhardt said:
Early? Negative.
On time? Zero.
Late? 100%.

:(

Guess I'm going to resort to record my screen while I'm sleep for 8h or so. Doubt my puny laptop hdd has enough space for that.

Ashkeloth

Nice to see that Capcom aren't going to leave the game in it's current state.

I was kind of thinking, watching the Evo stream yesterday, with the amount of Yun's and Fei's that I was seeing that Capcom kind of owed the playerbase for how badly they screwed the balance on AE. Purposely, no less.

As long as the Twins and Fei are toned down, and perhaps a couple of the completely unviable characters are toned up a slight bit, most of the cast really doesn't need that many changes at this point.

Mœbius

Ashkeloth said:
Nice to see that Capcom aren't going to leave the game in it's current state.

I was kind of thinking, watching the Evo stream yesterday, with the amount of Yun's and Fei's that I was seeing that Capcom kind of owed the playerbase for how badly they screwed the balance on AE. Purposely, no less.

As long as the Twins and Fei are toned down, and perhaps a couple of the completely unviable characters are toned up a slight bit, most of the cast really doesn't need that many changes at this point.
Agreed on the first part and the twins - especially Yun; but I don't think Fei needs to be toned down, he seems like a legitmate top-tier (without for example the absurd safe moves on block that Yun has).

Yoshichan

aaand there goes the time I spent on Yun :(

They can make a balanced game we saw that with Super. AE was purposely unbalanced and Ono said that many times. That obviously didn't fly I'm sure they know what they gotta fix.

I am curious as to how much they will mess with though. Nerf the s tier or rebalance others as well?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
ARXIN said:
They can make a balanced game we saw that with Super. AE was purposely unbalanced and Ono said that many times. That obviously didn't fly I'm sure they know what they gotta fix.
I always thought it was for financial purposes to rile the players up and then force them to pay for another update down the line. Since the balance patch is coming so soon and will be free, I can put that thought to rest.

zlatko

Banned
Yoshichan said:
aaand there goes the time I spent on Yun :(

Not if you actually liked the character and wanted to play him?

I main Yang right now and I'm going to continue. My old main was Abel, and I still mess with him, but it's nice playing someone with great wake up options like Yang unlike Abel. :p

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
Not if you actually liked the character and wanted to play him?

I main Yang right now and I'm going to continue. My old main was Abel, and I still mess with him, but it's nice playing someone with great wake up options like Yang unlike Abel. :p
I don't play the game for fun, I play to win my cash (hence my switch from Abel to Yun).

Yoshichan

zlatko said:
Play Viper then.
If you only knew how bad my Viper is :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom