• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satyamdas

Banned
black_vegeta said:
sooooo much text...
iyeAW.jpg

Imm0rt4l

Anyone who doesn't think Yang is just as much bullshit as Yun clearly hasn't played any good yangs. I'm pretty salty after a ft5, it was with a good player magnetomaniac, but goddamn it's like being in infinite blockstun, you block too long and you eat a command grab which leads to damage....so stupid.

This is exactly why bullcat kicked xian out of his match in that recent crosscounter asia lol. smh

USD

Is it wrong that I'm still mentally masturbating to the thought of S-Kill Fei Long? AE Fei Long isn't that overpowered (I actually prefer Super Fei, because HK Rekku absolutely destroys throw attempts). Fei Long with a special-cancellable cr.MK? Now that's some broken shit. It would give Fei some actually interesting combos though, because all of his combos are purely utilitarian. Even his CW link combos aren't for style, they're just huge damage combos that happen to look stylish.

Though I guess if I really want cr.MK → Rekka, there's always Yang.

cHaotix8

Fei long was already a very strong character in Super and they buffed him in AE. I can't imagine what they would do to change him other than maybe nerfing some of his hitboxes. Even though I hate fighting him with a passion.

USD

cHaotix8 said:
Fei long was already a very strong character in Super and they buffed him in AE. I can't imagine what they would do to change him other than maybe nerfing some of his hitboxes. Even though I hate fighting him with a passion.
That's why I say that Fei Long will still be high tier in Ver.2012. Capcom would have to absolutely pick him apart or give every other character huge buffs for Fei to not be near the top. Fei is the very definition of a solid character.

Rentahamster said:
What was it about Fei Long in Vanilla that made him so shitty back then?

His Rekkas didn't have as good of a hitbox, his lvl 2 focus was slightly slower. He had a slower walk speed and forward dash, and the two hits of forward+hk wad a bigger gap. I might be wrong, but I think they also slightly increased the range on his command grab.

Azure J

OK, so after EVO and messing around casually with my bro's copy of SSFIV 3D edition for the last few months, I decided to get a bit more serious about the game (admittedly because I'm salty as fuck that his boring ass Ryu can give me the business so easily) and got a copy of PC Arcade Edition to play with for a bit. Right now, I'm proud to admit that I'm still scrub tier (understand enough, but don't have the dexterity to pull off more than a handful of "ol' reliable" maneuvers, no matter how safe/unsafe) but I'm very interested in getting better. Currently I main dat Makoto but I'm also having a hard time picking a secondary between Yang, Juri, Ibuki and Fei Long.

Suggestions anyone? :p

AzureJericho said:
OK, so after EVO and messing around casually with my bro's copy of SSFIV 3D edition for the last few months, I decided to get a bit more serious about the game (admittedly because I'm salty as fuck that his boring ass Ryu can give me the business so easily) and got a copy of PC Arcade Edition to play with for a bit. Right now, I'm proud to admit that I'm still scrub tier (understand enough, but don't have the dexterity to pull off more than a handful of "ol' reliable" maneuvers, no matter how safe/unsafe) but I'm very interested in getting better. Currently I main dat Makoto but I'm also having a hard time picking a secondary between Yang, Juri, Ibuki and Fei Long.

Suggestions anyone? :p

focus on one character

Azure J

DryEyeRelief said:
focus on one character

Oh cool, I was doing this much right. I just hate it when I get deep with fighting games. It's like one moment, you've found the one for you, but the next instant, everyone else starts looking so awesome. :lol

USD

God's Beard said:
His Rekkas didn't have as good of a hitbox, his lvl 2 focus was slightly slower. He had a slower walk speed and forward dash, and the two hits of forward+hk wad a bigger gap. I might be wrong, but I think they also slightly increased the range on his command grab.
His walk speed and dash from SFIV to SSFIV are the same to my knowledge.

From SFIV to SSFIV:
-cr.LP, cr.LK down to 20 (from 30)
-f+HK has less of a gap between hits
-Rekka has better hitbox
-HK CW hitbox change, faster start-up (from 25F to 18F)*

*Was originally 18F in SFIV, but was patched to prevent the cl.HP → HK CW loop.

From SSFIV to AE:
-cl.LP, st.LP are +6, can one-frame link into cr.HK
-cl.MK is 4F (from 5F)
-EX Rekka is safe on hit and block (+2/0 on hit/block for first hit, 0/-1 for second)
-HK CW has no invincibility

Fei Long really hasn't changed much, it's everyone else shifting around that has given him a lot of his "buffs." He's one of the few characters from Vanilla to have virtually no damage nerfs.

Edgeward

Awwww yeaaaaa. I won an autographed photo of either Tokido, Mago, Daigo or a group one of Daigo/Mago!

Best part is that Karaface PM'd me, I don't care if it's the same message she sends to all winners. My heart is still a flutter. <3

I don't have any posters or art up in my room, but you can best you ass I'm gonna frame and hang it up.

Edit: It's Mago. HYPE.

Edgeward

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSdw0-MXG2E

Oh man, the flip champ/mago redemption suite set is sooo good. The spacing and reactions of both players is on point. Some real hype ass moments in the second half. I do hope 2k12 brings the balance back so that matches like this will be at least occur more in a tourney setting. Things like this and Valle/Daigo SCR 2010 are much more appealing to me.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Rocwell said:
That's not a Haiku

Five, Seven, Five Syllables

See? It's not so hard.

I do not like-u

Come right at me bromeo

Give Blanka buffs now

Corky

toasty_T said:
Blanka ain't shit son

I hope things get worse for him

Fuck that green mutant

Whore with two right feet

Calling me a green mutant

Irony is high

USD

I just checked my stats

My win rate against Blanka?

Only 12 percent

(Though I did win two fights right after, so maybe I'm at +20%)

Kioshen

Lost Fragment said:
So who wants to teach me how to play 3S when 3SO comes out?

I hear Makoto is pretty good in that game :3

You heard right. She's in the upper tier actually right below God tier Chun,Yun and Ken and alongside Dudley and Urien.

Here's something to get you started as reading material :

3S Makoto tutorial

Anti-Airing stuff in 3S and you

Starting out stuff but hidden gems nonetheless

THE channel to look up match data

If you want I could send you my custom mame config to be able to play 3S on PC with a pseudo training room setup (Unlimited timer, unlimited health, unlimited super, 2p always stunned).

I can't teach you 3S because I'm trash at the game but it's still my favorite game so I can at least point in the right direction.

Corky

ShaneB said:
I'll be learning Urien and Dudley. Three weeks!

I'd cut of my nipple and feed it to piranhas if it meant urien + alex coming with AE 2012.

USD

Wow, Fuudo at the top of the GODSGARDEN #4 vote as of the latest tally:

Code:
01. Fuudo (Fei Long)
02. Umehara (Yun)
03. Sako (Yang)
04. Kazunoko (Yun)
05. Mago (Fei Long)
06. Haitani (Makoto)
07. Uryo (Sakura)
08. Tokido (Akuma)
09. YHC Mochi (Dhalsim)
10. Nemo (Yang)
11. Zangitan (Zangief)
12. FAX Gimoto (Makoto)
13. KoujiKOG (T.Hawk)
14. Ikoma Devil (M.Bison)
15. RF (Sagat)
16. Iyo (Ibuki)
17. Makoto (Vega)
18. Kindevu (Evil Ryu)
19. Hadasama (C.Viper)
20. Amiyu (Gen)
21. Kiryu Tsukimiya (Guy)
22. Y24 (Chun-Li)
23. Michaeltan (Ken)
24. Shiro (Makoto)
25. Kyabetsu (C.Viper)
26. Bonchan (Sagat)
27. Eita (Akuma)
28. Shungoku Neurosis (M.Bison)
29. France-jin (Cody)
30. Itabashi Zangief (Zangief)

And for comparison, the rankings from two weeks ago.

Voting ends August 5 at 11:59PM (JST). Normally you have five votes and one down-vote for each day, but for the last two days, voters get 30 votes and six down-votes.

BadWolf

Didn't know Sako used Yang but when I saw him play Ibuki I thought he was wasting his time and should pick up Yang, seemed like a character that fits him.

Kioshen said:
If you want I could send you my custom mame config to be able to play 3S on PC with a pseudo training room setup (Unlimited timer, unlimited health, unlimited super, 2p always stunned).

Can you please send it to me? I have the one that does unlimited time and life but not the one that gives unlimited super.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Satyamdas said:
Poongko has ice water flowing through his veins. I have never seen a player come back from more dire circumstances than him. A pixel for Poongko might as well be 100% health. Also, I lol'd at shot of the change on the table at the very end. NO LIMITERS. >:|

Salty you on? I wanted to test my new ISP to see how i fared with you seeing as we usually had 1, 2 bars. :p

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Cody last time I knew.

Kioshen said:
You heard right. She's in the upper tier actually right below God tier Chun,Yun and Ken and alongside Dudley and Urien.

Here's something to get you started as reading material :

3S Makoto tutorial

Anti-Airing stuff in 3S and you

Starting out stuff but hidden gems nonetheless

THE channel to look up match data

I can't teach you 3S because I'm trash at the game but it's still my favorite game so I can at least point in the right direction.

Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom