• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Is it true that Guile's df+HK only hits on crouching opponents now?
I saw Guile j. HP , df+HK wiffing on a standing T. Hawk.

Threi

notag
Via Ryodragoon on SRK:

Knee shot is no longer a strict down motion. I mean you can hold down/forward or down/back and STILL GET KNEE SHOT. yay for charging during kneeshot now and well as it being EASY.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Shoutouts to Capcom giving DeeJay buffs he didn't even need :D

zlatko

Banned
I'm glad I've spent a lot of time with 80% of the cast during Super. It gives me a lot of options when the AE transition comes. Right now I'm all in with Yun, but if I'm really ass with him I have a pocket Makoto and Dee Jay.

Threi you must be in Heaven reading all those awesome buffs to the no longer Free Jay. He'll def. be the new Guile this time. :D

h3ro

Anyone know how Alt costume unlocking is handled on AE? I'm interested in finding out how some people are unlocking the newer costumes.

DR2K

Banned
h3ro said:
Anyone know how Alt costume unlocking is handled on AE? I'm interested in finding out how some people are unlocking the newer costumes.

They're rewarded points to purchase them. (separate from BP)

Threi

notag
zlatko said:
Threi you must be in Heaven reading all those awesome buffs to the no longer Free Jay. He'll def. be the new Guile this time. :D
Yeah i felt he didn't need a lot of the buffs he got. He had problems, yes, but you could work around them. Personally i would have just tweaked some of his long range normals (by like a frame or so on startup or recovery) and call it a day.

Despite all my bitching though it seems Capcom thought he was a worse character than I did.

Can't complain :D

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Knee Shot not requiring straight down anymore is probably the best news I've read for Dee Jay, as small as it may seem to anyone else who doesn't play him, especially on a square gate - in fact, I stopped using it altogether when I stopped practicing as much as I used to.

That and his dash now allows dash Ultra to come out easier - those are my two favorite changes to him that was found in AE - gonna watch those videos later on...

Wallach

I remember on the first day Sp00ky's stream for Super was going on, I was telling them people were going to sleep on Adon. Took GamerBee repping him at EVO for anyone to really take notice that he is a real solid character.

I'll tell you right now that people are going to sleep on both Gouken and Gen. Especially Gen since he has a history of being on the back of milk cartons since vanilla, but I'm telling you that fucker is not going to take your shit this time around if people take the time to put him out there.

Wallach said:
I remember on the first day Sp00ky's stream for Super was going on, I was telling them people were going to sleep on Adon. Took GamerBee repping him at EVO for anyone to really take notice that he is a real solid character.

I'll tell you right now that people are going to sleep on both Gouken and Gen. Especially Gen since he has a history of being on the back of milk cartons since vanilla, but I'm telling you that fucker is not going to take your shit this time around if people take the time to put him out there.

IIRC there was a Gen repping it during Teams at NCR i think.

Threi

notag
haunts said:
is that AE specific or just really hard?
AE specific.

far. st.mk is now special cancellable after the first hit, and it's no longer a 1f link from c.lp.

also sobats never gave that much hitstun before, so sobat > fadc > st.mk is also new.

Skilotonn said:
Knee Shot not requiring straight down anymore is probably the best news I've read for Dee Jay, as small as it may seem to anyone else who doesn't play him, especially on a square gate
really? I found knee shot incredibly easy, and I use a square gate. Just practiced it for a bit and now it's cake. Making knee shot not down directly is pretty hilarious IMO...that makes his combo potential so much better :lol

Wallach said:

Gouken got a shit load of buffs, namely being able to hitconfirm into significant options, I'm sure we'll see good Goukens.

I played that RyoDragoon in a tourney once, he landed Deejay ultra on me at least once a round :lol

DR2K

Banned
God's Beard said:
Ultimate Gen combo:

Crossup jRH(Crane), cLK(Mantis), cLP(Mantis), FP(Mantis), Slap Chop FADC MP(Mantis), cLK(Crane) FADC cLK(Crane), Ultra 1(Crane)

headache1207.jpg

Seriously, Gen will never warrant the work it takes to be good with him.:lol

Any good cammy AE vids?

Kaako

Felium Defensor
God's Beard said:
Ultimate Gen combo:

Crossup jRH(Crane), cLK(Mantis), cLP(Mantis), FP(Mantis), Slap Chop FADC MP(Mantis), cLK(Crane) FADC cLK(Crane), Ultra 1(Crane)
I shall call it Gen's symphony.
I wish I was good with Gen. He's a fun character to play.

The hard thing with gen is that you have to know how to control screen position really well with a character that has a hard time moving the opponent around. Wall kicks suck if you aren't in a good position, and that's one of his main ways of continuing offense.

He doesn't have a problem with fireballs and zoning characters really, but you just have to be in there all day when you get sub-200 damage on a combo without meter. And meter is everything to Gen, which sucks because he builds it so slowly. That, and half his normals are useless.

Even parry isn't as good as I thought, there's a 5 frame recovery on it which is why I have so much trouble punishing shit.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
toypop said:
http://i51.tinypic.com/29cl3yq.jpg

From 2ch. Current BP statistics and character usage of AE in Japan.

Nice to see people are already doing well with the new Makoto. I knew she was gonna be good, but I didn't think she was gonna be top tier. But with the videos I've seen of her in AE so far I can see how she might end up being one of the strongest characters in the game. Maybe. She still has some pretty pronounced weaknesses.

Need some more Makoto action on American streams :(

hitsugi

cHaotix8 said:
Ricky is saying she might be top tier.

This holds as much weight as most top Japanese players saying she went downhill.

...as for Sako's win streak, who knows? AE footage from Japan still feels pretty scarce right now. Who's the top uploader? Do we have anyone like we did in the vanilla days?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Can anyone confirm the Makoto in the a-cho vids is Shiro Itachi? Someone mentioned it in the comments but want to be 100% sure.

Wallach

FindMyFarms said:
Gouken got a shit load of buffs, namely being able to hitconfirm into significant options, I'm sure we'll see good Goukens.

I played that RyoDragoon in a tourney once, he landed Deejay ultra on me at least once a round :lol

I hope so. He seems like he's gonna be a beast. What remains to be seen is how long it takes for someone to be the breakout Gen hero. I know there's one JP player that has over 20k BP with him, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom