• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

Spiderjericho said:
Nice Gouken. Didn't know he could link his low strong to roundhouse.

And boo @ F Champ beasting folks with Dhalsim.

The Team Spooky stream was great. He's bringing the fans what they want. I hope Santa was kind this year to him in donations to keep the movement going.
Was F Champ supposed to play with one of the new characters? I don't get the controversy? Wasn't it an exhibition?

entrement said:
Was F Champ supposed to play with one of the new characters? I don't get the controversy? Wasn't it an exhibition?

There's no controversy. But I'm sure some of the people there felt a certain way, since it's a new version, and he's beating people with his main instead of experimenting with one of the new characters or someone else. And unlike CTF, where they set a five-game win streak limit, F Champ could stay on that machine forever, especially since he's like top three in the area (w Vance and Ricky O).

Most people when a new game comes out want to all of the character changes, how characters stack up to one another, b.s., etc.

You can kind of get that from the CTF stream. The players were giving their input on characters and the game. And from watching the actual footage, you saw Ryu, Yun, Yang, Fei Long (a lot), Sagat and a few others.

It was also nice that we had the UFO stream on at the same time.

I wish the game was close to where I live, as I want to play it and support the arcade scene. So I hope the NAHs come out and play the game. Besides, it gives you a heads start on the PSN and Live heads.

Satyamdas

Banned
Spiderjericho said:
There's no controversy. But I'm sure some of the people there felt a certain way, since it's a new version, and he's beating people with his main instead of experimenting with one of the new characters or someone else. And unlike CTF, where they set a five-game win streak limit, F Champ could stay on that machine forever, especially since he's like top three in the area (w Vance and Ricky O).

Most people when a new game comes out want to all of the character changes, how characters stack up to one another, b.s., etc.

You can kind of get that from the CTF stream. The players were giving their input on characters and the game. And from watching the actual footage, you saw Ryu, Yun, Yang, Fei Long (a lot), Sagat and a few others.

I wish the game was close to where I live, as I want to play it and support the arcade scene. So I hope the NAHs come out and play the game. Besides, it gives you a heads start on the PSN and Live heads.
How else is he going to find out the changes to his main and how his matchups have changed other than running matches with him? Why should he play Cody or Blanka to appease weak or whiny players? They aren't his main so he isn't going to notice or care about their tweaks. Not to mention that he had to pay to get on the machine so anyone bitching about his character choice should be laughed at and mocked for being such a crybaby in the first place.

Dartastic

You could even around an hour in hear someone giving him some shit about how he was sticking with his main and beasting on people. It was pretty lame, imo, but I guess he has to learn what changes have been made to his main. But somewhere around a 10 game streak... especially when you've got that many people waiting to play, you should switch it up or SOMETHING.

zlatko

Banned
Satyamdas said:
How else is he going to find out the changes to his main and how his matchups have changed other than running matches with him? Why should he play Cody or Blanka to appease weak or whiny players? They aren't his main so he isn't going to notice or care about their tweaks. Not to mention that he had to pay to get on the machine so anyone bitching about his character choice should be laughed at and mocked for being such a crybaby in the first place.

Not to mention if you were the guy to get on there and beat him with say Hakan or Dan. You'd be immortalized as a Legend for a week in the fighting game scene.

Those guys should've looked at it as an opportunity not only to play some AE with your character of choice, but a chance to blow up one of the best.

Satyamdas said:

I don't have a problem with it. But for all of the players there. They probably should have set a win-streak limit.

Since the game is a $24,000 hard drive and most arcades won't be able to get more than a setup or two, they should really be trying to get as much money as they can.

I wonder how much VF5, KOFXIII, Arcana Heart III cost? That's crazy. But I guess they're market is Japanese arcades and the console players in the U.S.

zlatko said:
Not to mention if you were the guy to get on there and beat him with say Hakan or Dan. You'd be immortalized as a Legend for a week in the fighting game scene.

Those guys should've looked at it as an opportunity not only to play some AE with your character of choice, but a chance to blow up one of the best.

That's true. Definitely bragging rights. But you'd definitely need to bring your A game, play in an unorthodox manner or use a character he's not familiar with.

Satyamdas

Banned
Spiderjericho said:
I don't have a problem with it. But for all of the players there. They probably should have set a win-streak limit.

Since the game is a $24,000 hard drive and most arcades won't be able to get more than a setup or two, they should really be trying to get as much money as they can.
Cen was saying it's $12K for the hard drive. Which is still a lot of money, but kicking players off the machine after a certain number of wins doesn't bring in money any faster, it's simply a courtesy to the players (which I don't have a problem with).

I'm just saying, anyone bitching and moaning about who you're playing as can go fuck themselves. Like that guy in the video. Step your game up and beat him off the machine, don't whine and plead for mercy character picks, that shit is bush league Sega stuff.

entremet

Spiderjericho said:

The arcade scene is cool, but boy is it demoralizing for a scrub like myself. I grew up in it, with SFII and it's various incarnations, Vampire, Tekken 2/3, the Marvel games. I had way more time back then.

I went fo CF when vanilla first hit and I was just killed. I'd rather spectate.

entrement said:
The arcade scene is cool, but boy is it demoralizing for a scrub like myself. I grew up in it, with SFII and it's various incarnations, Vampire, Tekken 2/3, the Marvel games. I had way more time back then.

I went fo CF when vanilla first hit and I was just killed. I'd rather spectate.

I went there in 08 during a Christmas visit to my family. I got peaced out twice, especially since I wasn't comfortable with Japanese sticks at the time. But for this community to thrive and for players to get better, the arcade and ranbats/tourneys are the only way to do so.

I live in the middle of the desert, so there's no arcade close by (Phoenix is 4+ hours away, San Diego is 3+).

But when I lived in Florida before joining the military, I used to go to this arcade in South Florida called Cloverleaf. I'd go there every Saturday. It wasn't until later that I discovered about Alex Navarro and what not.

Definitely go if you can.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Get OFF MY LAWN!!!

Gouken vs Chun

i just love the cl.MP xx lp.Palm combo, looks cool as hell.

Air parry recovery is sweet:D

Do you think he's more like a SNK character than a shoto? I like the character just didn't like his Pre AE footsies and hurricane kick.

Like the roundhouse combo he now has.

Also, it's crazy that Fei Long now had another low roundhouse link combo (supposedly jab is what Min was saying).

Papi

Christmas day I had a few drinks. I was using my gf's little brother's account to play ranked. I had a D Rank and a "Still A Beginner" tag. I was constantly trolling motherfuckers with taunts and stupid gimmicks. I beat a lot of decent players including an A ranked Ryu. Then when I got home, I drank some more, then played for a few hours with my account and lost about 1000 BP. And that's the reason why you shouldn't be a fuckhead during Christmas.

Spiderjericho said:
Also, it's crazy that Fei Long now had another low roundhouse link combo (supposedly jab is what Min was saying).

Yeah, cLK xx cLP, LP, cRH works for instance. :lol

Basically, push them to the corner with rekkas, then start knocking them down.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Merry Christmas to all, happy holidays!

<3 this thread.

<3 my Kadey too. Make sure you put that outfit on when I come over next week.

Take care and be safe guys.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Merry Christmas scrubs.

Spiderjericho said:

If they want to blame someone, they should blame the arcade operators for not turning on win limits. I don't know the score with Champ, but I know that several top players play these games as their livelihood, so I can't really blame him for not showing any mercy. Either way, I probably would've done the same thing if I was in his shoes.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
for the record a lot of people were bitching f. champ was playing sim and not trying new characters, but my response was always "you wouldnt say shit if you had a win streak"

Wallach

haunts said:
for the record a lot of people were bitching f. champ was playing sim and not trying new characters, but my response was always "you wouldnt say shit if you had a win streak"

No kidding, I don't see how it's his fault. There's only two new characters, if he's not interested in them I totally understand him playing his main to try and figure out exactly what's changed.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Spiderjericho said:
Do you think he's more like a SNK character than a shoto? I like the character just didn't like his Pre AE footsies and hurricane kick.

Like the roundhouse combo he now has.

I think he's the great spin on the shoto formula, zoning is fun with him . And that awesome move set, so much power and just has that "master" feel to it.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Wallach said:
No kidding, I don't see how it's his fault. There's only two new characters, if he's not interested in them I totally understand him playing his main to try and figure out exactly what's changed.

ppl just mad spoiled from playing online. :lol

the only thing endless about arcades is the amt of money you will pump into the machine.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
God's Beard said:
There's no way Gouken taught Ryu and Ken with that moveset. Akuma is the real master.
Gouken taught Makoto

makoto-cmk.gif
makoto-chp.gif

makotolk.gif
makotomk.gif

entremet

Any AE Streams? Didn't see any posted on SRK, so I'm guessing our they're taking today off. Spooky's AE and Arcade UFO streams last night were fantastic.

Wallach said:

Agreed. Just awoke from a food coma.

Just got my gold subscription taken care of, so any of you 360 fellas who'd like to add and show me the ropes are more than welcome.

My tag is BlewHedgehog and a number of PSN guys can attest to the fact that my Ibuki is less than inspired. I'm trying though, really.

Imm0rt4l

jman2050 said:
Wait, I know in canon :)lol) she's a mega-huge Ryu fangirl ala Sakura but did people actually think this? :lol
rumor is that her original story in SF3 was that she was ryu's sister and that the idea was scrapped. I don't think she's a ryu fangirl though.

-PXG-

I'm really starting to get the hang of timing, spacing and basic mind games. Now I just gotta work on incorporating EX cancels into my game. I got combos, footsies and FADCs down pretty well. Easier said than done of course. I don't know how you do that shit online, with all that lag and delay. Even on a good connection, it's hit or miss really.

hitsugi

Imm0rt4l said:
Kiryu Tsukimiya is a monster, so fun to watch him.
Gotta say I'm surprised to see him going with U1 after the improvements made to U2 though. Still, that's definitely Kiryu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom