• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
that WE WANT FUN video is awesome...

lol.

man i was there for most of that stuff, i need to go home more and be more family man-ish.

Nemo and Rom... why are those names so familiar?

God's Beard said:
Probably the same reason he didn't pick up Call of Duty Black Ops.

Witty. Now care to explain what that means? I'm a super casual follower of fighting games, no need to be condescending.

Imm0rt4l said:
alpha isn't great, but it's better than what i've seen of alpha generations and it looks better than all the other sf movies though thats not saying much. I might watch generations through netflix just for fun.

Actually, SF II the animated movie would like a word with you. It's a lot better than the Alpha movies, which were terrible (the Sean storyline and the art and alleged father/son relationship in Generations).

SFII the movie was a good flick and definitely inspired Capcom in some regards when they made the Alpha series (the red head band, the Bison mobile, Bison's psycho power, Cammy's cloak, brain wash Ken, the night green fields Ryu/Sagat fought on, etc).

FlightOfHeaven said:
Nemo and Rom... why are those names so familiar?

ROM got 2nd place at SCR in Third Strike. He used Yang and took it to Tokido. He also played Chun Li during Vanilla and console Super.

Nemo...great Japanese Chun Li player. He stopped playing right before he got married.

FlightOfHeaven said:
I did. I really like the game. I blow at it.

So, anyone? Anyone care to explain?

In one of those Rom videos, he goes "SF4 did this to me man" Not every competitive fighting game player is happy with the newest iteration of the franchise. Kuroda, I think is one of those people. Rom too.

DryEyeRelief said:
In one of those Rom videos, he goes "SF4 did this to me man" Not every competitive fighting game player is happy with the newest iteration of the franchise. Kuroda, I think is one of those people. Rom too.

Don't worry, Kuroda will be there...

I hope.

Anyone know if KO is playing AE? Loved his Yang in 3S.

Dartastic

Since I can't play AE, I'm gonna play some 3s I think, in order to start learning Yun and Yang a bit since I never played them before. Hopefully I won't get beasted on TOO badly. What's the policy on GGPO battling on the site? Dartastic is what I'm going to be battling under, if anyone wants to join.

MIMIC

Banned
Just finished Juri. Holy shit. Never again.

I lost to every single T. Hawk (which was probably 6 or 7) except for the last one that beat me already. I had to change it up: jump in throw. That way, there's no 360 mashing during the blockstring. Then he cracked.

Fortunately, that T. Hawk was my last one in order to get the C rank.

I figured that I was going to suck with her :lol

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
really? with the time i spent with Juri THawks were my easiest/most boring wins

massive amount of purp on the screen.

edit: yea Juri's though to figure out, hard to maintain pressure, though to properly use Ultras

Okay gaf i have hit a wall with pad i need to buy a arcade stick .
Anyone have any ideas where the best place to get one or what is a good stick to get.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Witty. Now care to explain what that means? I'm a super casual follower of fighting games, no need to be condescending.

I'm not being condescending. He doesn't play Super Street Fighter 4 because it's not 3rd Strike. Same reason he doesn't play Katamari Damacy or Time Crisis, or Imagine Petz: Horsez. He only plays 3rd Strike.

MIMIC

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
really? with the time i spent with Juri THawks were my easiest/most boring wins

massive amount of purp on the screen.

edit: yea Juri's though to figure out, hard to maintain pressure, though to properly use Ultras

I kept forgetting that she had it >_<

El Sloth

Banned
gundamkyoukai said:
Okay gaf i have hit a wall with pad i need to buy a arcade stick .
Anyone have any ideas where the best place to get one or what is a good stick to get.
I'm no arcade stick expert, but the Madcatz TE sticks are pretty popular. They're kinda pricey at $150, but you could just wait until the next time they go on sale. I picked up my TE for 100 bucks and got free shipping. Also came with a sweet keychain.

<3 MarkMan.

_Xenon_

Banned
MIMIC said:

I lost to every single T. Hawk (which was probably 6 or 7) except for the last one that beat me already. I had to change it up: jump in throw. That way, there's no 360 mashing during the blockstring. Then he cracked.

Fortunately, that T. Hawk was my last one in order to get the C rank.

I figured that I was going to suck with her :lol
Use her like dhalsim, throw fireballs and stuff people with normals. She's not rush down material unless your opponent is in corner or you are facing dhalsim.

N4Us

MIMIC said:

Ugh, I played a couple Ranked with her and it was painful. I'll probably work on her after Dudley though just to get her out of the way.

Feels good to finish up a tough character at C, though. The closer I got to that 1000 I think the better I played with Dan and Sagat, just because I knew I would move on to someone else.

hitsugi

the real, more important ROM was a Japanese MVC2 player that invented the most common string of Magneto infinite.

okay.. probably only important to marvel players... 10 years ago.

_Xenon_ said:
Use her like dhalsim, throw fireballs and stuff people with normals. She's not rush down material unless your opponent is in corner or you are facing dhalsim.

That'll be helpful when I make my run with her...

Probably just gonna play her super scrubby like, mashing EX wheel kick at every chance I get

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
El Sloth said:
I'm no arcade stick expert, but the Madcatz TE sticks are pretty popular. They're kinda pricey at $150, but you could just wait until the next time they go on sale. I picked up my TE for 100 bucks and got free shipping. Also came with a sweet keychain.

<3 MarkMan.

Use coupon code "FFH2010" for 20% off your purchase. :)

There is a B1G1 promo going on right now, the code applies to that as well.

http://store.gameshark.com

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
DryEyeRelief said:

There are always going to be a few people who don't like it, my guess is the changes they would of wanted would probably have alienated a lot of its current fanbase...

DarkoMaledictus said:
There are always going to be a few people who don't like it, my guess is the changes they would of wanted would probably have alienated a lot of its current fanbase...

I disagree. A lot of the current fanbase can't tell the difference between Street Fighter games.

Fraeon

DryEyeRelief said:
I disagree. A lot of the current fanbase can't tell the difference between Street Fighter games.

It's alright. I can't tell the difference between COD:MW and Black Ops myself.

Fraeon

simtmb said:
If it has Ryu, it's the same shit. That, we should all agree on.

8GE5pF-Ezz9QKomqN4GZkNYKdvUfLMjr

simtmb

So nasty :lol

I played AE for the first time today, first several matches against one Gief player. I used Dictator and Fei, tried to gauge the jab SPD range and boy, it's so nasty. Also despite knowing about EX Greehand not knocking down, it was a complete mindfuck at first when i got hit by it.

The matches went good :D , but the range and damage buff to the jab SPD are definitely a bit too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom