• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hag

damn, after watching some a-cho stuff makoto looks so good now. shit is like a redemption after getting blown up with her on Super. fuck June if its true ):

I personally would not mind if they delayed the twin's release till June if we got the balance updates now.

I really dig Yang's style, but if it means better balance, update only plz.

hitsugi

I don't even understand how his range could match hawk's... Much less possibly beat it D: at least hawk extends his arm out to match the range.

hitsugi said:
I don't even understand how his range could match hawk's... Much less possibly beat it D: at least hawk extends his arm out to match the range.

Gief has a black hole hidden in his chest hair it seems.

Not really a big fan art / art guy. But this Sean Galloway Street Fighter spot is pretty ace. Was floating around on Kotaku this morning.

SF_ugg_muggs_sm.jpg

Top Japanese players on Dudley in AE after raving about how strong Makoto became:

• KSK: And… Dudley?
  • Hiropon: Dudley’s game was pretty weak in Super, so if that hasn’t changed, he hasn’t changed either.
  • Itabashi: Yeah he was considered weak in Super.
  • Mago: His weakness was his difficulty getting close, so if that hasn’t been adjusted, he’s still weak. So they said, “How about we add EX Ducking?” but that didn’t really change much. So in the end it’s whatevers.
  • KSK: So in the end it’s whatevers (laughs)?

^(TT_TT)>

edit: they even think Deejay is strong now ;_;

double edit: even Gen and Gouken -_-

jman2050

God's Beard said:
Top Japanese players on Dudley in AE after raving about how strong Makoto became:

• KSK: And… Dudley?
  • Hiropon: Dudley’s game was pretty weak in Super, so if that hasn’t changed, he hasn’t changed either.
  • Itabashi: Yeah he was considered weak in Super.
  • Mago: His weakness was his difficulty getting close, so if that hasn’t been adjusted, he’s still weak. So they said, “How about we add EX Ducking?” but that didn’t really change much. So in the end it’s whatevers.
  • KSK: So in the end it’s whatevers (laughs)?

^(TT_TT)>

edit: they even think Deejay is strong now ;_;

double edit: even Gen and Gouken -_-

"How's Makoto?"
"Oh god she does so much damage/got so many improvements/so scary to fight against etc. etc."
"How's Dudley?"
"Eh... same old"

Dudley the new SSF4 Makoto confirmed?

I think it's funny to see the opinion differences between the US and Japan. They think Yun is way stronger than Yang, and the guys at CTF agreed that Yang was definitely better.

Upper Tier AE characters according to Japan:

Yun
Yang
Fei Long
Viper
Chun
Boxer
Sagat
Adon
Zangief
Akuma
Makoto

jman2050 said:
"How's Makoto?"
"Oh god she does so much damage/got so many improvements/so scary to fight against etc. etc."
"How's Dudley?"
"Eh... same old"

Dudley the new SSF4 Makoto confirmed?

Nah, he's the new Dudley.

God's Beard said:
I think it's funny to see the opinion differences between the US and Japan. They think Yun is way stronger than Yang, and the guys at CTF agreed that Yang was definitely better.

Yun
Yang
Fei Long
Viper
Chun
Boxer
Sagat
Adon
Zangief
Akuma
Makoto

Nah, he's the new Dudley.
So the Ken Hype has died down? D:
Nice to see Adon is still a threat despite losing his tournament-winning wakeup speed.

Imm0rt4l said:
That art is real nice.

I actually felt like finally switching up my two year old fish avatar. So I went ahead and avatarized Chun-Li. In case anyone else wants one (except for Chun, I've got dibs) I whipped up the rest of the pic as well all 90pix wide / transparent.

Lj7rG.png

io3Td.png

XILcJ.png

FDLss.png

UBC66.png

4UCaL.png

_dementia said:
So the Ken Hype has died down? D:
Nice to see Adon is still a threat despite losing his tournament-winning wakeup speed.

He's better now as far as I'm concerned, I can't do wakeup meaties for shit
great trait for a Dudley player

God's Beard said:

Yun
Yang
Fei Long
Viper
Chun
Boxer
Sagat
Adon
Zangief
Akuma
Makoto

This is all that matters.

Apparently after some soul searching, PR Rawg decided to stick it out with Boxer. Javits was complaining as well previously...he has yet to say if he's still maining Rawg.

Interesting bit from the link God's Beard posted.

–Tokido, was that Akuma projection screen stunt at Socal Regionals planned beforehand?

Tokido: Yeah it was planned.

–So you waited and pulled it out when you thought the time was right?

Tokido: The next match up I had in line was someone I couldn’t and probably won’t use Raging Demon on, so I figured I had to do it then. There’s going to be T-shirts too, so look out for that.
:lol

black_vegeta said:
This is all that matters.

Apparently after some soul searching, PR Rawg decided to stick it out with Boxer. Javits was complaining as well previously...he has yet to say if he's still maining Rawg.
I don't think they changed anything in the Super to AE transition. What caused them to think of switching? It better not be because he didn't get any buffs.

Chavelo

TheFightingFish said:
I actually felt like finally switching up my two year old fish avatar. So I went ahead and avatarized Chun-Li. In case anyone else wants one (except for Chun, I've got dibs) I whipped up the rest of the pic as well all 90pix wide / transparent.

Sweet! Thanks for the Zangief av. :)

USD

marathonfool said:
I don't think they changed anything in the Super to AE transition. What caused them to think of switching? It better not be because he didn't get any buffs.
Standing jab whiffs on all crouchers, Headbutt does less damage and has more recovery. The two things that immediately come to mind, as far as nerfs go.

dragonballjoseph said:
Interesting bit from the link God's Beard posted.

–Tokido, was that Akuma projection screen stunt at Socal Regionals planned beforehand?

Tokido: Yeah it was planned.

–So you waited and pulled it out when you thought the time was right?

Tokido: The next match up I had in line was someone I couldn’t and probably won’t use Raging Demon on, so I figured I had to do it then. There’s going to be T-shirts too, so look out for that.
:lol
Just as keikaku.

I'm going to miss him when he retires :(

marathonfool said:

Here's Javits talking about Rawg AE changes.

javits on SRK said:
I'm not here just trying to complain about the new balrog. I just came back from playing AE all night. I'm trying to just let people know that Boxer is definitely not as good as he was in Vanilla and Super. Headbutt "shenanigans" worked very well not just on scrubs which is why Maeda Taison abused them so much and had obvious results. I dunno how you can say "this is not ST, you shouldnt be whiffing headbutts" whiffing headbutts through fireballs to build meter safely and close the gap has ALWAYS been a part of balrog's game. Just look at the sagat matchup, why just neutral jump or focus when u can get closer while safely building meter? thats part of the reason why jab headbutt has less horizontal range and good recovery. I would prefer a damage nerf to the headbutt then the horrible change they did by adding so much recovery. They made it much higher risk,with lower reward. The move is basically worthless now outside of combos and headbutt combo does no damage now. the damage was already nerfed in Super from Vanilla, why they nerfed it again makes no sense to me. i never used headbutts to escape, i only used them if i committed to actually hitting them out of a throw attempt or non-low meaty. i never just spam headbutts randomly but taking risks is part of SF and it helped put fear into the opponent to get them off u. now i seriously think it's doing like around 110 damage. It's not just the headbutt though. I was messing around with the new close MP, its not even that great. Jump fierce nerf is bad. The worse thing to me is far standing jab not hitting crouching big characters anymore. Coincidentally the few characters it worked on were already bad matchups (gief, sagat, abel) so now it's much harder to beat them. Can't keep pressure on them .. i dont know if u have access to AE or not but trust me im not just talking out of my ass. Balrog is not as good anymore.

Here's Eduardo:

Eduardo on SRK said:
Ok so I played some AE yesterday and I gotta say balrog isint as bad as I supposed imo hes really good still not top tier status but probably upper tier this is why for now I might be wrong or right still to early to know:
cl.st. strong is too good imo if you land a jump in on a crouching opponent you get a big damage combo not like before j.rh > cl,st,strong > c.jab > c.strong > headbutt might be 350 to 400 damage which is really good for a jumping combo
his cl.st.strong is an even better frame trap than cl.st rh because cl.st strong doesnt push your opponent far away and im really sure that your in frame advantage probably +2 or +1 which gives you time to walk and throw or jab pressure again or I started using c.short into bnb combo its 1 frame but still hits low and people walk back alot which goves you a free combo.

his far st.strong is ASS has no priority at all and is the worst anti air ever.

his bnb combo to ultra damage is really bad but it still gets your opponent to the corner so i guess its still not bad i never thought that that combo into ultra did major damage anyway so this change isnt that bad imo

only really bad thing is the st.jab that were gonna have to get used to it i dont think its that bad but it makes our hard match ups harder ofcourse

I think we might have found a good use of dirty bull against the twins if they dont dive kick to hit you on your knees then you can dirty bull because i heard that they have -1 and -2 above the knees they only have plus frames when they hit you really low and with balrogs walkspeed you can fuck that up walking forward a little imma try and test it today if someone dive kicks like that im really liking dirty bull in this match

Balrog might have changed more to a rush down oriented character rather than more defensive we'll see more updates as we all play
NOT DROPPING BALROG FOR NOW!!!!!

gibration

I think I might just drop all the current characters I use except Ibuki and just pick up a whole new set to play with when AE drops to consoles. I'm getting bored of using the same characters since vanilla and I never really gave any of the new or returning characters in super a chance. It's time for a change. :D

haunts

Bacon of Hope
alright going to MGL today for reals. got anything you want me to test? WELL TOO BAD! makoto all day everyday. :lol

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
haunts said:
alright going to MGL today for reals. got anything you want me to test? WELL TOO BAD! makoto all day everyday. :lol
-Any new ex Oroshi combos possible?
-any new possibilities with 3 frame fw.lp
-how good cr.HK really as an AA or other
-Hayate FADC wha whaaaaa

haunts

Bacon of Hope
~Devil Trigger~ said:
-Hayate FADC wha whaaaaa

You should read the SRK thread. A lot of that stuff has already been answered, thouhg im def gonna test out C. HK as an anti air.

h3ro

~Devil Trigger~ said:
-Hayate FADC wha whaaaaa

Pshh... more important question incoming.

Haunts... Farmer or Schoolgirl Mak outfit?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
schoolgirl of course! I actually got blown up and bought the wrong costume pack and got the farmer one on accident. :lol

XenoRaven

haunts said:
Anyone going to be down there this Saturday that you know of? I'm thinking of making the drive to try it out, despite being a dirty scrub.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
XenoRaven said:
Anyone going to be down there this Saturday that you know of? I'm thinking of making the drive to try it out, despite being a dirty scrub.

Im sure of it. Every day it's been packed to the gills. Even on Xmas people were saying there was 30-40 people there. :lol

Anyway, leaving now so no iplaywinner updates for the rest of the day, tho Ill try to get some cool footage and post it up tomorrow.

Lost Fragment said:
So is everyone gonna drop Boxer now the same way they dropped Sagat? I mean I don't play him at all, but it still seems like he's gonna be good.

He is still going to be good. I think his "nerfs" cause for him to be played offensively instead of defensively. Rawg players just need to adjust their playstyle.

Imm0rt4l

I wonder if any other high level player will pick up gouken in AE even if only for a secondary. Mago played him for like a week, same thing as V-Ryu. Either way Bullcat and Desora will be some forces to be reckoned with. I think Desora will be even better this time around as he's more offensive, much to his detriment. Bullcat takes less risks but that's probably more because Gouken is ass in ssf4. I can't wait to see how I fair against rushdown characters this time around.

wtf happened to PSN gaf chat? Shit has been dead as fuck.

DryEyeRelief said:
Yeah it's weird how the Japanese hate Viper so much while America thinks the character is a charity case.

They have never fought Uryo is why. Wolfkrone is starting to do some damage though so I think their opinions will change.

Imm0rt4l

hitsugi said:
PSN gaf is like 3 people :lol been that way for quite some time now

Man, right around when I my ps3 broke their were so many people that we'd need at least 2 full lobbies to accomodate everyone. Gaf chat seemingly always rolled deep in the evenings. Sad to see it so dead now.

Morris

Disco Devil
Imm0rt4l said:
Man, right around when I my ps3 broke their were so many people that we'd need at least 2 full lobbies to accomodate everyone. Sad to see it so dead now.

It's so sad indeed. I've been considering getting a 360 just to play SF with 360 GAF...

vulva

Imm0rt4l said:
I wonder if any other high level player will pick up gouken in AE even if only for a secondary. Mago played him for like a week, same thing as V-Ryu. Either way Bullcat and Desora will be some forces to be reckoned with. I think Desora will be even better this time around as he's more offensive, much to his detriment. Bullcat takes less risks but that's probably more because Gouken is ass in ssf4. I can't wait to see how I fair against rushdown characters this time around.

wtf happened to PSN gaf chat? Shit has been dead as fuck.
I'll be back on PSN gaf shortly after new years. Dead ps3 followed by exams meant I missed out for awhile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom