• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's always busy when I get on. Not necessarily PSN GAF but having people to play. I get tired of it sometimes so I'm like screw you all and play ranked. But like I said earlier, offseason. Too many people aren't playing on a consistent basis.

It's only Tuesday but it's party night! May just play tonight. I never really play too serious so don't ever expect me to.

USD

NSB has a few events coming up. First off, on New Year's Eve (12/31), they'll be streaming two events, starting off with a BBCSII 3v3 tourney at 6 AM EST, followed with an AE "Red & White Battle"* at 9 AM. Then on January 2nd, starting at 12 AM, the AE 3v3 proper will go down.

*It's kind of like a scrimmage/exhibition, if my understanding is correct. I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert).

Imm0rt4l

I can get down with some AE streaming on new years eve granted it's in the morning. I plan on wandering the Las Vegas strip aimlessly and drunk.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Danm, NYE gaming?! i've met my match

this has never happened

I think I recall them doing this last year, I vaguely remember a street fighter stream in a game center, it turning midnight and everyone being pretty indifferent/continued playing haha.

black_vegeta said:
He is still going to be good. I think his "nerfs" cause for him to be played offensively instead of defensively. Rawg players just need to adjust their playstyle.

Rog will be still my main, but Ill definitely use DJ more now.

Played about 15 matches with AE Rog and the damage output was the first thing I noticed. Takes a little bit more hits now to win. S.CMP was cool and pretty easy to link, but havent gotten used to using it yet. Luckily I never used those Headbutt tricks so I dont know what I was missing.

simtmb

Imm0rt4l said:
May as well, I'm curious to see the 360 comp on gaf. I'm gonna have to try and transition to stick between now and getting a 360 though.

I'm switching to 360 now as well. Just recently ordered a copy. Although I'd only be able to play AUSGAF :lol Most of the better players in my area have moved to 360 for online play.

I have an EX-SE for the console to use, but I'm wondering how it's gonna feel on SF as I've only really used this Seimitsu stick for STG's.

Anoyone play SSFIV on a Seimitsu?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
USD said:
In the first impressions interview posted earlier, Mago said that EX Karakusa has throw invincibility, but according to Haneyama (who has apparently been screwing around with Makoto a bit), it might not be true. I'm on the skeptical side. If it was true, someone would have been shouting about it from atop a mountain on the first day.

Yeah I doubt it's true. Maybe someone hit him with a prejump cancel karakusa or something, which does have throw invincibility, but only for like...3 or 4 frames I think? Or he got frame trapped into a karakusa.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
simtmb said:
Seimitsu LS-32s are great for fighters as well and it's nice having the option of being able to actually rest your fingers on the buttons... I cycle between all Seimitsu, all Sanwa, and mixed sticks when playing fighters, and have never had an issue with (S)SF4.

simtmb

ExMachina said:
Seimitsu LS-32s are great for fighters as well and it's nice having the option of being able to actually rest your fingers on the buttons... I cycle between all Seimitsu, all Sanwa, and mixed sticks when playing fighters, and have never had an issue with (S)SF4.

Sweet, thanks for the reply. I personally like the stick more than the Sanwa in my HRAP3, just aside from some VF5, never used the stick at all for fighters.

I guess i might try it out on my PC with some 3s before my 360 copy of SSFIV arrives :D

Threi

notag
simtmb said:
I use an LS-32. Before that a JLW with a very loose spring, a TE i tried felt the exact same.

Between them since the LS-32 has a stiffer spring and smaller engage distance I would say the LS-32 works better for charge chars, while the JLF works better for motion chars. You can get used to both rather easily.

simtmb said:
I'm switching to 360 now as well. Just recently ordered a copy. Although I'd only be able to play AUSGAF :lol Most of the better players in my area have moved to 360 for online play.

I have an EX-SE for the console to use, but I'm wondering how it's gonna feel on SF as I've only really used this Seimitsu stick for STG's.

I use all Seimitsu, I like it way better than Sanwa. Sanwa's too loose and clicky, but Seimitsu's nicely tight and squishy. Mmm...

I use the madcatz SE as a base, I don't really like the TEs. Too big, it's kind of annoying. I heard the newer TEs are a little smaller, but I'll stick with the SE(lol). I might get a different stick if I swap to PS3 now that my xbox is dead, though.

I've been thinking about gutting a Steel Battalion controller and dual modding, but you can't really put cool art on one and I want to photocopy my deed of noble title for a joystick.

I really, really want a hit box, though, since I'm originally a keyboard player. Markman should get something going with those guys from SRK.

simtmb

God's Beard said:
I use all Seimitsu, I like it way better than Sanwa. Sanwa's too loose and clicky, but Seimitsu's nicely tight and squishy. Mmm...

I use the madcatz SE as a base, I don't really like the TEs. Too big, it's kind of annoying. I heard the newer TEs are a little smaller, but I'll stick with the SE(lol). I might get a different stick if I swap to PS3 now that my xbox is dead, though.

I've been thinking about gutting a Steel Battalion controller and dual modding, but you can't really put cool art on one and I want to photocopy my deed of noble title for a joystick.

I really, really want a hit box, though, since I'm originally a keyboard player. Markman should get something going with those guys from SRK.

Yeah, I'm starting to like this Seimitsu stick, had a few sessions of 3s and felt pretty perfect. Loving it.

I'm also keen on the hitbox, especially since I've played a ton of fighters on keyboard. Dunno if I'd prefer it as i don't have an exact preference controller wise, whether it be stick or pad. But an all button 'stick' seems real neat to have :D However given the layout, i wonder how motions like Fei's Chickenwing would feel.

hitsugi said:
PSN gaf is like 3 people :lol been that way for quite some time now

Whenever I get on, I almost always see Behest, Floyd, and the other Cammy player(sorry, can't remember, and no I don't mean you Solune). I guess you mean those 3. But yeah it sucks that PSN SSF4 GAF has become like this. My job keeps me away most of the time so normally people only see me on about once per week. I did buy a 360, but it wasn't because of this. I needed it to play with the local guys. But if it wasn't for that I'd probably be rocking the PS3 until I was the only one left.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Rice-Eater said:
Whenever I get on, I almost always see Behest, Floyd, and the other Cammy player(sorry, can't remember, and no I don't mean you Solune). I guess you mean those 3. But yeah it sucks that PSN SSF4 GAF has become like this. My job keeps me away most of the time so normally people only see me on about once per week. I did buy a 360, but it wasn't because of this. I needed it to play with the local guys. But if it wasn't for that I'd probably be rocking the PS3 until I was the only one left.

XBL >>> PSNFreers

MightyKAC

DryEyeRelief said:

....you can still use it as an anti air dude.

I'm gonna get a chance to test it out soon enough but the report from my friends in Yokohama is that it's pretty useless against safe jump ins. But really, I'm still baffled as to why they nerfed one of his few tools against jump ins to begin with.

Mœbius

Rice-Eater said:
But yeah it sucks that PSN SSF4 GAF has become like this. My job keeps me away most of the time so normally people only see me on about once per week. I did buy a 360, but it wasn't because of this. I needed it to play with the local guys. But if it wasn't for that I'd probably be rocking the PS3 until I was the only one left.
Yeah it's a shame, I enjoyed PSN SF4 GAF; but the combination of moving (making net play with you guys impractical) and finding a local community of good players to practice with regularly means that online play is not as important anymore, though I do still jump on for a few games occasionally.

I still play on PSN sometimes but most people just not playing anymore or just move on to another game .
Know a few of the PSN guys playing GT5 right now.

I expect when MVC3 comes out there going to be less people playing SSF4 on both systems until AE comes out .

I would have jumped on PSN earlier but I accidentally left my copy of SSF4 at my brothers place. So I actually played some vanilla on PC because I wanted to practice on my PS3 stick which I modded. But despite moving to Xbox Live, I'll still make room for PSN.

vissione

Banned
I'm guilty of playing a lot of GT5 lately but I haven't quit ssf4 on psn, hell I finally got to play kadey recently was waiting for that chance. :lol

2ch is posting daigo's win results from the japanese arcade today:

umehara(yun)-mago(fei): 5-5
umehara-kindevu(yun): 2-1
umehara-tokido(akuma): 3-0
umehara-bonchan(sagat): 7-1
umehara-nemo(yang i'm assuming): 7-3
umehara-yuu(dunno who he's using): 3-0

i wonder when we'll see this yun...

DryEyeRelief said:

Thanks for posting.

Daigo's Yun looks scary. His rushdown game is back baby! Mago and his Fei continue to be very strong. I hope some people recorded those matches at the arcade.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It just occurred to me that when you're playing against Zangief and you're doing some sort of combo or blockstring on him, you had better be damn sure about what is generally safe thanks to pushback and what is actually safe.

Cody players take notice.

DryEyeRelief said:

Damn, Bonchan. : (

DryEyeRelief said: