• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chavelo

Hitokage said:
It just occurred to me that when you're playing against Zangief and you're doing some sort of combo or blockstring on him, you had better be damn sure about what is generally safe thanks to pushback and what is actually safe.

Cody players take notice.

Hahaha, my friend should read this... He's got a sick Cody, but I did like 4 360s in a row yesterday. :-3

FEELS GOOD, COMRADE!

USD said:
Visual representation of Zangief's LP SPD range in AE. Top is Super (Chocolate), bottom is AE (Strawberry). Originally from some Japanese site called Hachima Kikou, via Versus City.

Click for full size.

Just me or is Gief's leading foot not in the same position in both pics?

Edit: Yeah don't really care much either way, still of the opinion that the range on LP SPD is already really good in super as it is and really did not need a buff no matter how small. Just nitpicking.

"Just me or is Gief's leading foot not in the same position in both pics?"

It isn't and that's intentional. He's slightly further back to display how far away he can be and still connect with LP SPD.

hitsugi

SUPARSTARX said:
Daigo saving Yun for the nationals. Only people who've seen his Yun in action are his victims. :(

seems to be the case.. claiming he doesn't want people recording his "amateur" Yun while he's taking everyone's former / still current mains out is a joke.

toypop

"Just me or is Gief's leading foot not in the same position in both pics?"

It shows how far from your opponent, I mean, you can see Ryu is in the same position.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I wonder how Daigo will balance Marvel VS. Capcom 3 and AE.

I'm sure both him and Tokido will Mahvel it up while at home then go out for AE.

Japanese Marvel was always fun to watch. I wonder what kind of unusual stuff they'll bring to the table.
I really hope 3 does well over there, but realistically I can't imagine it happening.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MarkMan said:
I wonder how Daigo will balance Marvel VS. Capcom 3 and AE
Let the man who's actually good at MvC play MvC3... Justin Wong, obviously.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
KSK: And it somehow feels more wasteful to just activate outside of a sure fire situation. It takes more work to get meter. Oh, but how is meter efficiency? [I don't know what he means here.]

Nemo: It’s good, but he doesn’t feel like that kind of character
[?].

THE JAPANESE KNOW ABOUT A SECRET GAME VARIABLE THAT WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT. Some sort of new meter. Maybe it's hidden in the screen, like those sparks that fly across the life bars that represent hitstun. Secret Japan tactics, guys.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
I think many will stop playing SSF4 state side to focus on MvC3 at least initially.

I've already slowed down considerably on SSF4, im kinda waiting for AE. With MvC3, MK9 and KOF13 coming 1st half of 2011....plus other games

I don't think I will be able to hang in Marvel. I have been playing TvC a lot lately and really struggling. Marvel will have even more to worry about what with more assists, faster pace, and more buttons. At least the Baroque shit will be turned down to a once per match thing.

I might only play Marvel... It has a ton of characters I wanted, lots of references to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and looks really cool in motion. I love fighting games that are gimmick and strategy-based with less emphasis on footsie battles and invincible moves.

I've always said that Street Fighter was a fighting game and Marvel 2 was an RTS, and Marvel 3 is looking to follow in those footsteps.

Tokido's Blog:

"I don't play other game now. But I will play MvsC3. Tell all American MvsC player We are serious!"

Mahvel...international serious biznass!

SUPARSTARX said:

They don't have a strong history with Marvel 2, and there doesn't seem to be nearly as much interest in the game over there. I don't see them building a community that can compete with the Chinatown Fair crowd.

zlatko

Banned
God's Beard said:
They don't have a strong history with Marvel 2, and there doesn't seem to be nearly as much interest in the game over there. I don't see them building a community that can compete with the Chinatown Fair crowd.

Well both Tokido and Daigo have stated they are on board to learn the game for competition. That's two big name players from Japan, plus Japan has much better internet for them to get enough practice in, but they will need to get a lot more pro players to jump on the train with them.

zlatko said:
Well both Tokido and Daigo have stated they are on board to learn the game for competition. That's two big name players from Japan, plus Japan has much better internet for them to get enough practice in, but they will need to get a lot more pro players to jump on the train with them.
I just want to see some fun matches with dramatically different character usage from the regions. Hopefully the game is balanced enough to support this.

zlatko said:

Daigo's an admitted '011er when it comes to Marvel. He has no idea how to play even the basics of the game and doesn't think he'll win for at least a few years.

Japan trying to win at Marvel is like the US trying to win at 3rd Strike.

Here's an interview done with the GodsGarden players: KSK, Mago, Nemo, Hiropon, Itabashi, and maybe Tokido (judging from translation). KSK asks them some good questions about their mains, why they switched mains, and so forth...

First part

Second part

N4Us

Whatever happened to that Japanese MSP player Takayuki? There's quite a few vids of him playing at Evo 2k4 and 2k5 but that's about it.

I think that instead of plaques or whatever, EVO winners should get a black belt, with a stripe for each 1st place win, and a different color stripe for each game.

Then Tokido, Yipes, Justin, etc could all walk around and everyone would know what's up. Justin's belt would probably look like a rainbow, though. The melee and brawl winners would only get white belts, of course. Women's invitational is a pink belt with no stripe, because let's be real.

Fugu

I finally got around to buying this for boxing day. Beware, for in the near future you will feel the wrath of my excessive jumping.

...I actually don't know how to play any other SF except 3S so it's probably going to be awhile before I get anywhere with Chun-Li. Damn charge characters...

Fugu said:
I finally got around to buying this for boxing day. Beware, for in the near future you will feel the wrath of my excessive jumping.

...I actually don't know how to play any other SF except 3S so it's probably going to be awhile before I get anywhere with Chun-Li. Damn charge characters...
Welcome!

I know that if Arc ever decides to make a charge character for Blazblue, there would be a charge meter somewhere on screen to indicate when he or she could use moves. :lol

_dementia said:
I don't think I will be able to hang in Marvel. I have been playing TvC a lot lately and really struggling. Marvel will have even more to worry about what with more assists, faster pace, and more buttons. At least the Baroque shit will be turned down to a once per match thing.

I feel the same way. Tried TvC for a while, but I just hated the overall style and feel. I don't know if MvC3 will make me change my mind about these games. I think SF vs Tekken will be more up my alley....too bad about the long wait though.

-PXG-

Just got my 360 TE and Super :) add my on XBL for training and scrub ass whoppin.

PXG 360

I'm expecting my 12 month sub in the main tonight or tomorrow.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
jman2050 said:
Fukiage for most improved move in SSF4?
possibly, looks really good

but then....

OkjxR.jpg

XenoRaven said:
Nemo's officially switched?

I'm pissed.

Think this about sums it up.

KSK: I see. Next, Nemo. You use Chun Li, right?

Nemo: I haven’t touched her so I dunno (laughs).

KSK: Really? Then who are you using?

Nemo: Right now, Yang.

KSK: So are you not going to use Chun this time?

Nemo: Yeah, not going to use her. I think she was done for after SSFIV.

hitsugi

BotoxAgent said:
well I hope Nuki makes a return
Pretty sure Nuki isn't coming back until chun gets better.. He used to play Akuma, Ryu, and Sagat in other games as well as Chun so I don't see what's stopping him

~Devil Trigger~ said:
possibly, looks really good

but then....

http://i.imgur.com/OkjxR.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Indeed. And I'm posting this again just because:

[img]http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/hatima/imgs/e/4/e4652119.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom