• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well SephRK and I just tried to play over Xbox Live. The result was even worse then PSN. On PSN we had some extremely laggy matches, on Xbox Live, we couldn't connect at all. Either way the results were pretty bad. Well after 100+ matches over Xbox Live my opinion is that SSF4 doesn't seem all that different from PSN.

I mainly play rank on both and when I try to connect to opponents, it doesn't work most of the time on both platforms. The only difference is that after waiting 3-4 seconds, Live actually tells you your opponents bars where as PSN it's just goes blank and you have to play a guessing game. I haven't tried other game types(besides 2 player endless) yet but I always just stay in my own region when playing both and normally the connection is pretty good. It's only been a week though so I may notice more of a difference.

But anyways this week has been kind of busy with work and parties to go to so I haven't really had a chance to play other Xbox GAF'ers. So that's something I'm looking forward to next year.

Axis

Rice-Eater said:
Well SephRK and I just tried to play over Xbox Live. The result was even worse then PSN. On PSN we had some extremely laggy matches, on Xbox Live, we couldn't connect at all. Either way the results were pretty bad. Well after 100+ matches over Xbox Live my opinion is that SSF4 doesn't seem all that different from PSN.

I mainly play rank on both and when I try to connect to opponents, it doesn't work most of the time on both platforms. The only difference is that after waiting 3-4 seconds, Live actually tells you your opponents bars where as PSN it's just goes blank and you have to play a guessing game. I haven't tried other game types(besides 2 player endless) yet but I always just stay in my own region when playing both and normally the connection is pretty good. It's only been a week though so I may notice more of a difference.

But anyways this week has been kind of busy with work and parties to go to so I haven't really had a chance to play other Xbox GAF'ers. So that's something I'm looking forward to next year.

we'll have to play sometime...that in-state connection will be good :D

Rocwell

I haven't played AE yet so why is the loss of a few (an?) active frames on Ryu's cr. mk such a big deal? The hitbox on it didn't change did it? I can see how fewer active frames means you are less likely to catch an opponent walking into its range but by the same token it should be harder to whiff punish since it has fewer total frames now. No?

Rocwell said:
I haven't played AE yet so why is the loss of a few (an?) active frames on Ryu's cr. mk such a big deal? The hitbox on it didn't change did it? I can see how fewer active frames means you are less likely to catch an opponent walking into its range but by the same token it should be harder to whiff punish since it has fewer total frames now. No?
I was under the impression that the whole move was slower.

Rocwell said:

We'll have to look at the frame data to know for sure. The main thing to look out for is whether he lost active frames, and his recovery frames were untouched, OR if the active frames he lost were converted to recovery frames. If it's the first, then that's not too bad, but if it's the latter then it will suck.

Axis

Rocwell said:

i think the total frames are the same just with 2 active frames shifted towards recovery

edit: k, not so much.

USD

FindMyFarms said:
We'll have to look at the frame data to know for sure. The main thing to look out for is whether he lost active frames, and his recovery frames were untouched, OR if the active frames he lost were converted to recovery frames. If it's the first, then that's not too bad, but if it's the latter then it will suck.
According to the official blog, the bolded is the case. Essentially they removed one or two (or however many it is) frames from the move, the removed frames being active ones.

Been trying to warm up for GAFbats part 2... Here's a set of messages I got from a decent Ken player who rage quit on me in the 3rd round of our match.

DGbW4.jpg

'Hope everyone has a fun and safe new year's! :D

@Zanken:

Just how a typical sim match goes against a shoto. I was just trying to zone him and keep him the hell away. 1st round was close, and he got me down to less than 25% life, then he started to run away (which I don't understand). I almost clutched the 1st round, but he still won. 2nd round I was able to zone him pretty effectively and shut him out. So round 3 starts and I lob some LP yoga fires over, and he accidentally jumps on one, and gets hit by another. Next thing I know he's standing still doing nothing. I know what's coming next, and I try to teleport over to BNB into super, but by then I get the DC message. :lol

I tried to explain how 'Sim works, but he wasn't having any of it. /shrug

@Wallach:

EX fire should be unblockable in AE. C'mon Capcom, make this happen.

El Sloth

Banned
the_log_ride said:
Been trying to warm up for GAFbats part 2... Here's a set of messages I got from a decent Ken player who rage quit on me in the 3rd round of our match.

http://i.imgur.com/DGbW4.jpg[/IMG

'Hope everyone has a fun and safe new year's! :D[/QUOTE]
Haha, awesome. I got hatemail just the other day from a Ryu who disconnected on me in the 2nd round when I started turtling after I a decent life lead on him.

But hatemail is pretty common when you use Blanka. :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Taking a break from this game so I can mack on jailbait in Persona 4. Kinda want to sign up for the gafbats...but I'm pretty fighting game'd out for the time being. Plus there are other games I want to play after Persona. Been neglecting games other than SSF4 a lot.

simtmb

Lost Fragment said:
Taking a break from this game so I can mack on jailbait in Persona 4. Kinda want to sign up for the gafbats...but I'm pretty fighting game'd out for the time being. Plus there are other games I want to play after Persona. Been neglecting games other than SSF4 a lot.

Same here. For being a big SMT fan, especially with the Persona series, I've left Persona 4 for far too long, dunno why i stopped playing it after 15 or so hours, it's too good. But since SSFIV released I've barely touched anything else..

I don't game too often now, but the time i do, it's usually spent on fighters so i'm taking a break from them at the moment, despite just picking up BBCS :lol

Oh and Happy New Year everyone~!

I... I think for my new year's resolution, I'm going to quit SF4. My 3rd xbox is broken and I have a bunch of other games to play before Marvel 3 hits that I'll never get to if I keep playing Street Fighters. I should also probably finish my commitment for manga-gaf, I was supposed to be done like 4 months ago.

And real life stuff like becoming a better artist, I guess.

Bored and was playing randoms, got Juri and after I won was sent a voice message from a Rog player saying "you're the most annoying Juri player in the world, eat a dick and kill yourself". Juri being annoying by nature I messaged him back "thx 4 the compliment ;)" He voiced me back saying, "eat a dick, fag".:lol

N4Us

XenoRaven said:
Happy New Year GAF.

I'll be at Milpitas Golf Land later today. If you live in NorCal, you should stop by!

What the fuuuuck, I didn't know till now that they got AE.

one_kill

I've been playing for well over 4 hours and I'm quite used to some of the characters. I am confused however in regard to using characters like Guile, Blank, and Dee Jay. How do you pull off their moves? I have no idea how to carry out the commands.

one_kill said:
I've been playing for well over 4 hours and I'm quite used to some of the characters. I am confused however in regard to using characters like Guile, Blank, and Dee Jay. How do you pull off their moves? I have no idea how to carry out the commands.

Oh the charge characters, well for Guile and Deejays projectiles you hold back or downback for like 1-2 seconds then slide your thumb/stick to the forward position and quickly press a punch button. And for Guile's or Deejays flash kick it's the same at the start but instead you would would move your thumb to the up positions and press a kick button.

Wallach

one_kill said:

Those are charge characters. So like for Guile you have to hold back for a little over 1 second, then press forward and punch for a Sonic Boom, or hold down then press up and kick for a Flash Kick. You can start holding that charge while you're doing anything else, so like if you jump then immediately start holding back, you could throw a Sonic Boom pretty much right after you hit the ground for example.

No problem, now for ultras; I don't usually use charge characters but they can be done in one of two way's - but someone should correct me if I'm wrong or there's a better way.

1. Charge back or downback then quickly slide your stick/thumb forward then back then forward again and press either the 3 kick or 3 punch buttons depending on the ultra.

2. Charge back then quickly slide your thumb stick to the down-forward position then again to the down back position and then to the up forward position followed like before by either the 3 punch or kick button's.

For those weird ultra motions (Blanka, Vega, Deejay, Guile), the reverse tiger knee method is most likely best method to use.

You go from down back to forward. Then you just roll the stick to the up back position and press the punch or kick buttons accordingly.

The only instance you may not want to used this method is with Vega's ultra, because where your stick is when you press the punch or kick buttons will determine which wall Vega will launch himself from.

USD

Remember there's an NSB 3v3 tourney later tonight (or technically tomorrow depending on where you are), at 12 AM EST. Not sure who's all going to be there, but looks like Acqua's team is himself, Dashio, and Hitoshi (Vanilla Arcade Boxer, Yun in AE). I expect the Chinese New Year celebration to come early, a full-on parade of Yuns and Feis. :lol I guess we'll see.

USD said:
Remember there's an NSB 3v3 tourney later tonight (or technically tomorrow depending on where you are), at 12 AM EST. Not sure who's all going to be there, but looks like Acqua's team is himself, Dashio, and Hitoshi (Vanilla Arcade Boxer, Yun in AE). I expect the Chinese New Year celebration to come early, a full-on parade of Yuns and Feis. :lol I guess we'll see.

Will watch. So psyched for this. Thanks for the reminder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom