• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Wooop woop got a 6 win streak with Makoto at MGL last night. Sadly, the camera ran out of batteries so no footage -- so maybe it didn't happen. :lol

Seriously though she is sooooo good in this game. I am thinking top 5 for sure, though I think Zangief and Boxer are really bad match ups for her. Lost to Slompo, good boxer player here, and it wasnt even close. Then again I dont really know some of these match ups like Guile, Boxer, etc etc so could jsut be my scrub ass complaining.

Anyway, her karakusa is way better, im convinced -- it like never misses now. Went to Keystone later and played console, wiffing karakusa all over the place. It's like night n day really.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
_dementia said:
this meme again?

Good to hear though!

thats a meme? had no idea. she really runs over most of the cast though, like literally runs circles around them once you get it going. I beat this Bison player I cant beat in Super console when playing Makoto, which was like that "oh shit" moment last night.

haunts said:
thats a meme? had no idea. she really runs over most of the cast though, like literally runs circles around them once you get it going. I beat this Bison player I cant beat in Super console when playing Makoto, which was like that "oh shit" moment last night.
When Super (console) first came out people kept claiming every character was "top 5 for sure". Like 12 characters earned that distinction :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
_dementia said:
When Super (console) first came out people kept claiming every character was "top 5 for sure". Like 12 characters earned that distinction :lol

this is no internet joke. makoto is SERIOUSSS.

Wait a fucking second. According to the changelog, Dudley's f+MK is now a 7 frame startup.

...Standing jab is +7 on hit.

...that can't be right, can it?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
My AE Top 5 -

Makoto
Fei Long
Zangief
Abel
Ken

I heard Yun was good. :lol

Man everyone at MGL sucks with Yun its depressing. I tried playing him a few times and just got mollywhopped it was horrible. Really curious to see what Daigo is doing with him, or just more vids of Kinedvu.

jman2050

dragonballjoseph said:
So he says Makoto is definitely top 5 in this game?

Lower mid tier confirmed.

This is true but, then again, haunts was the first person here to say that Makoto was trash in Super and ended up being mostly right, so who knows what's up at this point :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
honestly, i am agreeing with tokidos thoughts on the game, and really a lot of people say the game is just more balanced and fun over all, but you know, it's still new there is a lot of stuff that is yet to be seen.

jman2050 said:
This is true but, then again, haunts was the first person here to say that Makoto was trash in Super and ended up being mostly right, so who knows what's up at this point :lol

oh geeze, yeah everyone was so mean to me too. :(

looking back I think I was kinda harsh, shes a little better than I initially thought but still pretty bad in super. its like if you're going to work that hard to get good with a character viper may be a better choice (in super), at least now in AE you can see real progress for learning her.

Solune

God's Beard said:
Wait a fucking second. According to the changelog, Dudley's f+MK is now a 7 frame startup.

...Standing jab is +7 on hit.

...that can't be right, can it?

I believe it's f+MP and not f+MK that is 7f startup now.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
she has too much shit to remember in Super. In AE you can just run around like an idiot and do whatever you want. unless you're playing vs a boxer, then just get off the stick and let the next guy play.

Dartastic

haunts said:
TEARS OF JOY

haunts

Bacon of Hope
DryEyeRelief said:
Why Zangief?

i think the new spd range and ex greenhand not knocking down is really good. buktooth was saying just backdash but man its actually hard to react to sometimes and puts you in this really weird "oh shit" position where you gotta decide what to do instantly. before, you could just lay on the ground and at least have a min to see what kind of shit he was going for.

edit: top 5 is too hard in this game. seems like 80-90% of the cast has a fighting chance now and something to abuse. i hear guy is way better to but havent really seen a lot of him either. really curious to see how the game develops over the next few months.

edit 2: over all seems these 50/50 mix up characters are really good in AE.

Wiseblade

haunts said:
i think the new spd range and ex greenhand not knocking down is really good. buktooth was saying just backdash but man its actually hard to react to sometimes and puts you in this really weird "oh shit" position where you gotta decide what to do instantly. before, you could just lay on the ground and at least have a min to see what kind of shit he was going for.

edit: top 5 is too hard in this game. seems like 80-90% of the cast has a fighting chance now and something to abuse. i hear guy is way better to but havent really seen a lot of him either. really curious to see how the game develops over the next few months.

edit 2: over all seems these 50/50 mix up characters are really good in AE.

That's what I've been saying!

Wiseblade said:
That's what I've been saying!

I think Find said the same thing. Losing knockdown was a good thing and a bad thing.

And it's really hard to tell about top five with the different demographics.

It seems like we're having the Yun/Yang wars mixed in with a little Fei Long.

Boxer still looks decent. Sagat looks good. Ryu is Ryu. Ken has some nicer links. Sakura looks pretty decent.

I really wish Capcom would've added new backgrounds/remixed and added new character themes (I'm tired of the SF2 themes).

haunts said:
I saw Itabashi Zangief use U2 after EX Green Hands to catch panic backdashes. :lol

cHaotix8

I'd be pretty scared of the new Cammy too. She's like a mix of Cody and Rog with a DP.

marathonfool said:
I saw Itabashi Zangief use U2 after EX Green Hands to catch panic backdashes. :lol

It certainly does work on a good portion of the cast. Jan caught a lot of people with it at UFO, and the active frames on it lasts forever.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
DryEyeRelief said:
Saying Abel got nerfed is like saying Fei Long got nerfed.

haha pretty much man. lilsicx went on a 20 win streak with Ken (who is super godlike now it seems) and got knocked off by an abel player... lost the next two times to same abel player. abel is just a really good character all around.

Zanken said:
More like why Abel?

I think with Honda's nerfs one of Abel's biggest hurdles is out the window, and Rog sounds like he'll be an easier match-up given he won't be able to throw out lethal jab pressure anymore. That means that the only match-up left that Breathless was needed is Gief who's also lost some of his knockdown pressure which was always fucking atrocious for Able to deal with.

The only person who'll really benefit from the other nerfs is Sim given Abel will have a harder time rolling through limbs. However that's not going to have much hold on the difficulty of the match-up. Cr. Fierce is unknown, but even if it's terrible right now for AA he'll still have cr. Forward and Cl. Fierce, all that he'll lose is same huge amount of damage but he's still left with a mix-up give he can crouch roll after the other attacks.

Ultimately though my main concern with the breathless nerfs were over it only being useful in his worst match-ups. However on paper those match-ups are now significantly better so there's little to worry about.

Coeliacus

DryEyeRelief said:
Saying Abel got nerfed is like saying Fei Long got nerfed.
Well not really. Fei lost hk CW and gained some stuff right? Abel took a few big hits. I haven't had the opportunity to play against new Abel so I was genuinely wondering.

Pop On Arrival said:
all these cats dropping their mains just because they got slightly nerfed is hilarious. most of em havent even played AE yet.
This is TEC Sol I'm talking about (check multiple compilation vids he has done). He plays half the cast quite well, so I'm sure he's looking for the excuse. Learning new characters is fun anyway, so game chances are a good enough reason to check them out.

Spirit of Jazz said:
I think with Honda's nerfs one of Abel's biggest hurdles is out the window, and Rog sounds like he'll be an easier match-up given he won't be able to throw out lethal jab pressure anymore. That means that the only match-up left that Breathless was needed is Gief who's also lost some of his knockdown pressure which was always fucking atrocious for Able to deal with.

The only person who'll really benefit from the other nerfs is Sim given Abel will have a harder time rolling through limbs. However that's not going to have much hold on the difficulty of the match-up. Cr. Fierce is unknown, but even if it's terrible right now for AA he'll still have cr. Forward and Cl. Fierce, all that he'll lose is same huge amount of damage but he's still left with a mix-up give he can crouch roll after the other attacks.

Ultimately though my main concern with the breathless nerfs were over it only being useful in his worst match-ups. However on paper those match-ups are now significantly better so there's little to worry about.
Thanks for explaining it, that puts things into perspective.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Well, I just had the most amazing match with Dudley online. Only my second match using him, and I was fighting a Ryu. We both had one win, and it was the final round. He just demolished me to the point where I had literally NO life left, and he had about 75%.

Then somehow I catch him with a throw, jump a Metsu Hadoken, another throw, and combo a j.FK into a Corkscrew Upper and win.

Holy shit. :D

Zanken said:
Well not really. Fei lost hk CW and gained some stuff right? Abel took a few big hits. I haven't had the opportunity to play against new Abel so I was genuinely wondering.

you're only counting the nerfs and not looking at the weight of each one. point being that fei long's nerf doesn't make any difference. for abel, reports have stated cr.fierce works the same. TT still hurts. roll nerf only turns abel-dhalsim from a 7-3 to a heavy 6-4. breathless? as stupid as that ultra is, you should be using soulless instead.

ggs floyd

I got bodied (i won't try to hide it, he beasted on me 11-2), but I enjoyed the experience, and the matches where I was able to make things interesting.

My akuma needs a lot of work. Tokido would look upon it with much disgust :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom