• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'm across the ocean from my 360 so I can't check myself, but did they change up the lighting big time for the Shadowloo distillery stage for AE or am I seeing things? It really looks noticeably different for me when they're in the middle of the level.

I'm watching the NSB archive from earlier today, and you can see it around 42:00 here: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11776032

Fraeon said:

This ass-face has been dropping comments on my YouTube page like a little nerd after that Ferdi bitch finally stopped on his alt account - don't give illiterate assholes like these the attention they crave...

Skilotonn said:
This ass-face has been dropping comments on my YouTube page like a little nerd after that Ferdi bitch finally stopped on his alt account - don't give illiterate assholes like these the attention they crave...

I guess he really took it personally when he got kicked out from that sponsorship/league thing.

Funny side note: He has the booster Cat Girl (or whatever) as a friend. I think he really believes that it's a girl. :D

hitsugi

haunts said:
when did Gen get so good? These a-cho videos -- what the hell did they do to him?

people started doing more than s.mk -> hands with him.

seriously though, a little seems to have gone a long ways

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
haunts said:
Seriously though she is sooooo good in this game. I am thinking top 5 for sure, though I think Zangief and Boxer are really bad match ups for her. Lost to Slompo, good boxer player here, and it wasnt even close. Then again I dont really know some of these match ups like Guile, Boxer, etc etc so could jsut be my scrub ass complaining.

I don't think Gief is that bad for her in console super. From my scrubby perspective anyway. I usually play this match really lame and lame him out with normals at around max greenhand range once I get the life lead because he has a really hard time approaching her without taking big risks at that point. I think Gief has to try and play the midrange poking game, but I hardly ever play Giefs that try that so maybe he has an advantage there that I'm not aware of. But I dunno, she has answers for his stuff from that range too, but it doesn't seem the risk/reward is as skewed in her favor from that range.

I can see the match getting worse for her in AE because of the new SPD range though. Like currently, you can space tsuguris out enough that you're out of range for him to punish you, but I dunno how well that's gonna work in AE. Meaty oroshis should still be safe on block if they hit meaty enough.

Boxer...yeah, he's tough. Dunno how that match is gonna end up being in AE, but at least he's free on wakeup and Makoto's new f+lp gives her an opportunity to get some momentum going after blocking dash punches.

Dartastic said:
I suck at 3S, but I'll play you if you want. Eh?

Damn I just saw this... just got back from Laguna beach.

My name on ggpo is KidASeven, so if you see me on tomorrow or rather later today, hit me up.

KS Seven X said:
I just got bodied on 3s ggpo. This oro was sick.

: (

For the most part he's a one trick pony, he NEEDS to get in and land cl. st. mp in that game to win a match buttttt if he lands one, he wins haha. Anytime he's in on you just tap forward, wait a split second then also press Lp+Lk, it's like an OS parry throw tech. You never have to worry about low parrying vs. Oro cuz he can't really get anything good, or even confirmed off lows.

Obviously there's ways around that, but it's a lot harder for oro to punish you than it is for you to do it.

_dementia said:
This 3S talk really makes me want 3S Online XBLA to come out already. Any word on a release date?
last time we heard anything, it was about capcom saying they announced 3S XBLA way too soon and it was still a long way out.

LakeEarth

I need to get GGPO and play some of you fools. I also should make that "how to beat Gill easily" youtube video I've always thought about doing.

LakeEarth

_dementia said:
That's one of the tricks, but it works with every character. Gill will always attack on wakeup (unless you meaty something), so if you do a move with invulnerability right as he gets up, he'll eat it. Not only is it Ken, you can do it with any character with an invulnerable move, such as Hugo's 3rd super, Ryu's 2nd, all 3 of Dudley's supers, etc.

There are two more tricks I'd want to show though:

Oro - Gill walks into super 2
Necro - Gill will never block electric snake if you cancel it from a blockstring

And other general tricks as in how to keep him away from you, how to punish him for whiffing random normals at a distance, what to parry and how to recognize his AI patterns.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Microsoft should've never took the OG Xbox servers offline, it was so good playing 3rd Strike online on the 360 every now and then, there were still skilled people on there too.

Rocky_Balboa said:
I guess he really took it personally when he got kicked out from that sponsorship/league thing.

Funny side note: He has the booster Cat Girl (or whatever) as a friend. I think he really believes that it's a girl. :D

It was well-deserved, that's for sure.

And I'm not surprised that they're all one group of people, they seem like they were all raised on the same barn.

hitsugi

Random AE Guy:

Doesn't seem like there's any difference in c.lk into s.mp link, but it is the preference with Japanese players (even c.lp, c.lk instead of c.lp x2) and it's really not difficult to do. With the improvements to his c.lk in AE, it's wise to learn that timing asap.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
DR2K said:
No really. Pretty much every video out there is of her getting bodied and failed tkcs.

Hahahaha great... :/

That reminds me, playing Super last night I beat up some Guy player in ranked and messaged me afterwards saying how happy he was they're taking TKCS out. I think I only used the EX Version in our match so I'd still beat his ass up in AE :lol

Ggs last night to the usual crew, felt good to be back, still shaking off a ton of rust but im starting to get everything back. über Eraldo is on his way....Hm....ÜBERALDO!!!!!

Rep dat rawg till the end....

EraldoCoil said:
Ggs last night to the usual crew, felt good to be back, still shaking off a ton of rust but im starting to get everything back. über Eraldo is on his way....Hm....ÜBERALDO!!!!!

Rep dat rawg till the end....

Fah lyfe!!!

hitsugi

Good to see Nemo is rapidly innovating with that Yang.. Scary how easy it seems to be for the twins to land their supers

Rocwell

Wow so does Yang have unblockables with his Super? Seems like any safe jump into lows would do it and lead to 50% damage at least. Unless the shadows have weird properties and can be blocked both high and low or something crazy?

Coil you're not prepared for the wrath of my Murder Face. I will rip your heart out and feed it to your dog. And then I will eat your dog. Then I'm gonna punch myself in the stomach until I pass out.

MightyKAC said:
Dat Yang :0!!

I just hope he doesn't get nerf-struck by the time AE hit consoles.
I would think Capcom has enough sense not to nerf the twins. I'm sure it'll be a big incentive for people to buy the DLC when they just happen to be the best characters in the game.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
so when is AE on consoles? Isn't the tournament scene going to be messed up till the US gets to play with AE changes? As if beating japan wasn't tough enough already.

bistromathics said:
so when is AE on consoles? Isn't the tournament scene going to be messed up till the US gets to play with AE changes? As if beating japan wasn't tough enough already.
Summer is the rumor.

Daigo said he'll still play console Super to keep with the international scene. I think that's also one of the reasons he isn't using Ryu in AE (so he doesn't get used to that character's changes).

MIMIC

Banned
Ranked up Abel. :D I thought it would take much longer but fortunately I got a lot of newbies. Seeing a double zero (BP 0, PP 0) makes me so happy.

But along the way, I played this one guy who beat me over and over and over again (with Guile, Gen, and others). So I picked Fuerte (I couldn't fight the urge :lol) and wrecked his Zangief.

Next time we met, he picked Honda.....and he had a rank of A @_@ Aw shit. ;_;

But I beat him :D But then he wanted to keep playing and all I wanted to do was rank Abel up, lol. It was certainly nothing against him but I'm not really into ranked battles. I actually sent a player review of him to make him an avoided player (lol) but as soon as I made a lobby, there he was! Thanks, Microsoft! So since you can't reset the player review, I made him a preferred player =p

hitsugi

Unblockables might be possible with Yang but
It's doubtful.. Instead there are just really nice mix up options :D

It's doubtful that the twins will get nerfed, especially before a console release occurs. Despite how "good" they are, I'll still put money on online players running in to far more shotos :p

HiResDes

hitsugi said:
Unblockables might be possible with Yang but
It's doubtful.. Instead there are just really nice mix up options :D

It's doubtful that the twins will get nerfed, especially before a console release occurs. Despite how "good" they are, I'll still put money on online players running in to far more shotos :p

I'm thinking about making the switch to Yun myself since I played in him 3S, but I don't know if I'm going to be as good given that I got so used to baiting people into easy parries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom