• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Hitokage said:
Does Yang have an overhead?
Yeah I thought the axe kick was always an overhead? I know I used it like one...:lol
It also is great for Yun juggles when the opponent is not in the corner.

hitsugi

HiResDes said:
I'm thinking about making the switch to Yun myself since I played in him 3S, but I don't know if I'm going to be as good given that I got so used to baiting people into easy parries.
Yun is a much, much different character from his 3s days. If anything, his ground chains and block string / mix up game are ridiculous and let you rush pretty much anyone.

Whoever thought it'd be a good idea to let him combo into his s.mp so easily is everyones hero right now.

Wiseblade said:
So what, If you hit Yang during his super it ends? Is that what you want?

Actually, that doesn't sound too ridiculous...
No. I want it so that if you hit him, his shadows stop attacking and go back to their neutral animation.

Threi

notag
Yang players would bitch about how much capcom is nerfing the shit out of their char and move to yun in the next iteration.

Wiseblade

dragonballjoseph said:
No. I want it so that if you hit him, his shadows stop attacking and go back to their neutral animation.
That would be better.

Threi said:
Yang players would bitch about how much capcom is nerfing the shit out of their char and move to yun in the next iteration.

Presumably, the change would be for both of them.

-PXG-

NinajHeartless said:
We gotta have another IRL play session mah man :D

Oh, Mr. I'mwithmyfamilyandhangingoutwithmygirlallthefuckingtime

Cool. Tell me when. Got my own 360 TE now. So I can leave Chie alone ;)

Also, Bison has leveled up a bit. Learned some new tricks thanks to random matches online and getting prison shower gang raped by GAF.

Oh, gotta hit up that ghetto ass Popeyes again too :lol

dragonballjoseph said:

But... that doesn't make sense given the nature of the Super. He has two shadows that trail his movements, so that he's able to move around while his shadows mimic his prior movements. If he can set it up so that his shadows attack while his move is recovering, well, that's taking advantage of the nature of the Super. It'd be like saying once Yun drops a Genei Jin combo, he's not allowed to pick it up again, or if Juri whiffs a move during her U1 then the timer should run out.

Edit:

I suck at SSFIV, and fighting games in general, so I'm wondering if some of you pros can answer this for me.

Why don't console patches of fighting games have change logs like this? I understand why arcades don't (spend money to figure out the game), but by the time it hits consoles it seems rather pointless.

I'm used to DotA/LoL style changelogs where everything is laid out for the player. Why the hell are fighting game fans still tooling around trying to find differences in character movesets based on rough guesses?

cHaotix8

FlightOfHeaven said:
I'm used to DotA/LoL style changelogs where everything is laid out for the player. Why the hell are fighting game fans still tooling around trying to find differences in character movesets based on rough guesses?

The only reason I can think of is that it isn't custom for Japanese companies to release things this way. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

FlightOfHeaven said:

Part of the fun is finding it.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
_dementia said:
I would think Capcom has enough sense not to nerf the twins. I'm sure it'll be a big incentive for people to buy the DLC when they just happen to be the best characters in the game.
I would think that assigning an extra price to the (theoretically) best characters in the game would be the absolute worst thing you could do for game balance in a fighting game.

Sixfortyfive said:
I would think that assigning an extra price to the (theoretically) best characters in the game would be the absolute worst thing you could do for game balance in a fighting game.
Maybe in a land of rainbows and puppy dogs they'll be free, but I doubt it!

LakeEarth

Wiseblade said:
Playable Gill in 3S: OE for 400 MS points!
That'd be the worst thing ever, I hated that shit in XBL back in the day. Sure they'd usually suck, but that doesn't really matter as long as they know launch into clothesline into clothesline into clothesline etc.

Coeliacus

Sixfortyfive said:
It's worse than that. They'll all see the youtubes, buy the twins and get tired of dying when trying to maneuver with dive kicks and rage quit. :lol

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
_dementia said:
Maybe in a land of rainbows and puppy dogs they'll be free, but I doubt it!
Nobody expects extra characters to be free. I'm just saying it would be dumb to purposefully make sure that they're a cut above the rest of the cast.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
shinshoryuken said:
anyone interested in ...

Hori Real Arcade Pro EX Premium VLX for Xbox 360

and

Sega Saturn virtua stick pro hss-0130??

You had me at hello... For the HSS-130.

PM me?

Mœbius

bistromathics said:
so when is AE on consoles? Isn't the tournament scene going to be messed up till the US gets to play with AE changes? As if beating japan wasn't tough enough already.
I heard something about this the other day... can't say much but I think it could be coming sooner rather than later.

El Sloth

Banned
Gr1mLock said:
Hey guys, we're holding weekly sessions at 8bit every sunday night. If you live in NYC you should come and get some games in. Full details at the original srk link

http://shoryuken.com/f19/chocolate-lemon-presents-8-bit-sessions-261344/
This sounds really cool, will definitely be checking it out once I heal up.

Question about the BYOC: Say I bring a friend with me who only plays on pad, would it be okay if he brought a wireless pad? Or wired only?

DryEyeRelief said:
Part of the fun is finding it.

I disagree. The fun part is using the new tools effectively.

But you're probably more skilled, and so finding stuff is fun. I just want to know what it is so (theoretically) I can figure out what to do with it.

FlightOfHeaven said:
I disagree. The fun part is using the new tools effectively.

But you're probably more skilled, and so finding stuff is fun. I just want to know what it is so (theoretically) I can figure out what to do with it.

actually i don't know where I stand with that tbh.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
dragonballjoseph said:
Oh god No.

Thats the point of the Super, that would'nt be fair to Yang at all after burning all that meter

Gr1mLock said:
Hey guys, we're holding weekly sessions at 8bit every sunday night. If you live in NYC you should come and get some games in. Full details at the original srk link

http://shoryuken.com/f19/chocolate-lemon-presents-8-bit-sessions-261344/

Fun Sundays btw

hitsugi

Wiseblade said:
Presumably, the change would be for both of them.
Completely different supers. Yun's would have to deactivate when hit which would be completely retarded.

As would the yang suggestion. In the event that someone trades with you using their super, they're usually coming out ahead.

DarkoMaledictus said:
I can't get around my head that this will not be dlc. I just don't see capcom doing this...

They've already thrown out the idea of DLC characters in MVC3, so anyone not expecting to drop $5 per character for Yun/Yang is crazy. Hopefully, they don't charge Blazblue character costs.

The big question is if they'll charge for the other character changes or give it as an update.

XenoRaven

Good games Botox.

It's not so much that I'm being reckless as it is me not knowing how to pressure and getting tired of blocking lol. So I just go crazy. Other times it's because I get frustrated. Both of these things happen often when I play long sets. Also if you didn't notice I really hate fighting Ryu because of how bad I am against him.

Oh well, I'm not too upset. Other than my 4 games of AE at MGL last week, I haven't played the game against anyone in months.

XenoRaven said:
Good games Botox.

It's not so much that I'm being reckless as it is me not knowing how to pressure and getting tired of blocking lol. So I just go crazy. Other times it's because I get frustrated. Both of these things happen often when I play long sets. Also if you didn't notice I really hate fighting Ryu because of how bad I am against him.

Oh well, I'm not too upset. Other than my 4 games of AE at MGL last week, I haven't played the game against anyone in months.

GGs man. Sometimes u gotta block when I am doing counterhit/frametraps (but I also get frustrated too and I hate staying on the defensive all the time). I gotta work on it too.

I am jealous u have access to AE :-(

XenoRaven

You go to NYC all the time right? Hit up the arcade next time! I have to drive like 2 hours at least to play it, so it's not something I plan on doing every week.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Happy Phantom said:
as a chun user, that super is bullshit in all the best ways
FP? Super!
Hazan? Super!
s.MP > Fireball > Super!
Sweep? Counter Super!
Guile Flash Kick even with FADC? Super!

Thing is bullshit really :lol

ntropy said:
jeff schaeffer's going to play ssf4 (for fun) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQBZEK3lp2g
BFnIK.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom