• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlatko

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Who is this guy?

A fossil from the dinosaur era. :lol

I've watched a few of his vids, and he has some solid ideas about how SF should work, but a lot of things are just outdated mentality outlooks. Plus, in that video just posted he said he was offered a job by the Age of Empire developers and he shot them down. I can only imagine how that conversation played out: "Hey you're awesome. Do you want to come work at our Texas studio? You could be our lead tester and PR person. Your job will be pretty easy, pay well, you'll get to travel." ... "Naw, I'll pass." *He exits room* Developers look at each other * "Who's the guy who's #2 at the game? Let's get a hold of him to see if the area of the brain that accepts AMAZING FUCKING OFFERS is functioning."
:lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
zlatko said:

I've watched a few of his vids, and he has some solid ideas about how SF should work, but a lot of things are just outdated mentality outlooks. Plus, in that video just posted he said he was offered a job by the Age of Empire developers and he shot them down. I can only imagine how that conversation played out: "Hey you're awesome. Do you want to come work at our Texas studio? You could be our lead tester and PR person. Your job will be pretty easy, pay well, you'll get to travel." ... "Naw, I'll pass." *He exits room* Developers look at each other * "Who's the guy who's #2 at the game? Let's get a hold of him to see if the area of the brain that accepts AMAZING FUCKING OFFERS is functioning."

Well, IIRC, he already has a pretty cushy job with some game publisher.

edit: nvm, thought the timeframe was different.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
zlatko said:

...really?.wow..i have literally no retort to this. one the very first competitive sf players and youre lollilng..thats pretty cool bro..

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Man, Ranked was Shoto HELL tonight. :lol

Also, is it just me, or do you lose less BP/PP when you lose a match when you create a Ranked lobby as opposed to searching for a match?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Gr1mLock said:
...really?.wow..i have literally no retort to this. one the very first competitive sf players and youre lollilng..thats pretty cool bro..

Eh, he does come off as pretty "back in MY day..." Whether he's an OG or not doesn't matter one way or the other. It's the arguments that matter, and quite a bit of his I don't agree with.

But it's important to see these things in the proper context. I don't think he's saying "SSF4 is a bad game and everyone should play HF instead because this and this," I think he's saying "I don't like SSF4 because of this and this." So it's hard to hate on a dude who's just explaining why he doesn't like such and such games. I could probably make a similar video on old school Final Fantasy games vs new ones and elicit a similar reaction from people who like the new games.

zlatko

Banned
Gr1mLock said:

I was loling at him turning down a fantastic job offer. The dino joke was to the fact that he completely let SF go and just now feels is the time to start up a YT to voice off on his ideas about SF. Which like I said he does have some very solid points if you watch his other videos, but a lot of it is a mentality that didn't stick with it.

Valle is OG and he's kept progressing with the games and the times as well as the community.

XenoRaven said:
You go to NYC all the time right? Hit up the arcade next time! I have to drive like 2 hours at least to play it, so it's not something I plan on doing every week.

yeah, but I never really ventured that far downtown to look for CTF...next time I will. I really hope that the AE patch comes out sooner rather than later--I'm forever team NAH, lol.

If Schaeffer uses blanka.....booo-urns!!

hitsugi

Lost Fragment said:
Eh, he does come off as pretty "back in MY day..." Whether he's an OG or not doesn't matter one way or the other. It's the arguments that matter, and quite a bit of his I don't agree with.

Well, it's not like he's the only old school fighting game player who comes off that way.. even some of the current ones that stuck around (maybe not as actively as valle) carry that mentality.

zlatko said:
I was loling at him turning down a fantastic job offer. The dino joke was to the fact that he completely let SF go and just now feels is the time to start up a YT to voice off on his ideas about SF. Which like I said he does have some very solid points if you watch his other videos, but a lot of it is a mentality that didn't stick with it.

Valle is OG and he's kept progressing with the games and the times as well as the community.

except to this guy valle is a newbie when it comes to how long he's been around.

this guy is from tomo's era

He said he wasn't going with Guile. He also mentioned charting his own version of a tier list... :lol

GGs yesterday to Duelist & Floyd. PSN GAFChat has shrunk, but we're still there. Sort of.

Rocwell

MiniBossBattle said:
Love how he breaks down systems in games and his approach. I love his idea of charting tier lists when learning the game then making another one when he is more familiar with it.
I think he is going to use Guile or Akuma.

I wonder what salt looks like at that age.
In the comments he mentioned wanting to try Akuma, Balrog and Rose, but he was asking questions about Guile too. I think it's cool he's actually going to give the game a shot, it'll be interesting to see if his opinion changes after giving it a fair shake. I wouldn't be surprised if it got worse if he spends a lot of time playing online though :lol

the_log_ride said:
He said he wasn't going with Guile. He also mentioned charting his own version of a tier list... :lol

GGs yesterday to Duelist & Floyd. PSN GAFChat has shrunk, but we're still there. Sort of.

Add me! I haven't played in ages.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Spiderjericho said:
They've already thrown out the idea of DLC characters in MVC3, so anyone not expecting to drop $5 per character for Yun/Yang is crazy. Hopefully, they don't charge Blazblue character costs.

The big question is if they'll charge for the other character changes or give it as an update.

The problem is the update, will they cut in half their fanbase and make finding games impossible, or do they release a new disc version with a lot more changes than the arcade ie: more characters, stages etc.

I know people doing official competitions dread the idea of dlc as it will be a nightmare to update each and every console for tourneys.

Yes marvel might get dlc characters, but I have my doubts about sf...

DarkoMaledictus said:
The problem is the update, will they cut in half their fanbase and make finding games impossible, or do they release a new disc version with a lot more changes than the arcade ie: more characters, stages etc.

I know people doing official competitions dread the idea of dlc as it will be a nightmare to update each and every console for tourneys.

Yes marvel might get dlc characters, but I have my doubts about sf...

It could work if the dlc has both a paid and free dlc, with the free dlc allowing you to play AGAINST yun/yang but not play AS them (what capcom is currently doing with dlc alts). There's only so many disc releases that I'll purchase before I just give up on the game, the game did a great job ressurecting the FG genre but it will easily be ruined in the states again if it keeps doing upgraded disc based releases.

the_log_ride said:

we're still ticking.....:lol

i just gotta finish this Red Dead game...lol...it just keeps going and going and going.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
jam86 said:
It could work if the dlc has both a paid and free dlc, with the free dlc allowing you to play AGAINST yun/yang but not play AS them (what capcom is currently doing with dlc alts). There's only so many disc releases that I'll purchase before I just give up on the game, the game did a great job ressurecting the FG genre but it will easily be ruined in the states again if it keeps doing upgraded disc based releases.

At this point I m kinda hoping for street fighter 5... we can only dream!

Wiseblade

Capcom: Sick and tired of losing to Yun™ and Yang™, the new characters in the "Arcade Edition" update to Super Street Fighter IV™? If you can't beat them, join them for only 800 Microsoft Points!
each

Wiseblade said:
Capcom: Sick and tired of losing to Yun™ and Yang™, the new characters in the "Arcade Edition" update to Super Street Fighter IV™? If you can't beat them, join them for only 800 Microsoft Points!
each
Ultimate Trollno: Evil Ryu and Shin Akuma the only counterpick characters vs. Twins.

-PXG-

Wiseblade said:

Be honest, you had to google a river in London, didn't you?

Actually no. I just checked your profile to find out your location. Knowing the whereabouts of the River Thames is easy and common knowledge...or at least I hope.

Oh and my dumbass accidentally bought the Ultra Femme Fatale pack instead of the catalog...god damnit. 320 space bucks down the drain. Sony helped me out when I botched a purchase on PSN. I doubt MS will do a damn thing. T_____T

Oh and this too:

Run It Back: The Road to SoCal Regionals EPISODE 3(FINAL)

http://vimeo.com/18430319

Wiseblade

-PXG- said:
Actually no. I just checked your profile to find out your location. Knowing the whereabouts of the River Thames is easy and common knowledge...or at least I hope.

Oh and my dumbass accidentally bought the Ultra Femme Fatale pack instead of the catalog...god damnit. 320 space bucks down the drain. Sony helped me out when I botched a purchase on PSN. I doubt MS will do a damn thing. T_____T
I'm just jaded from hearing tourists say stupid things when I'm in central.

Satyamdas

Banned
-PXG- said:

Run It Back: The Road to SoCal Regionals EPISODE 3(FINAL)

http://vimeo.com/18430319
First, thanks for posting this!

Second, HOLY FUCKING SHIT at the trials and tribulations Mr. RedrappeR had to go through to get this episode rendered. We've all had those instances where computer program shit just refuses to work for whatever reason and I sympathize with his plight. I really appreciate his efforts though, this series has been entertaining and well made.

Third & Fourth: I can't help but feel really bad for James Chen when he loses his 2nd match. You can just feel his rage and frustration. And regardless of whatever people may think of his commentary or skills as a player, I think he is a classy guy and seeing him so disheartened after his loss sucked.

That being said..... What sweet, sweet poetic justice it is to hear James (a Cammy player) piss and moan about the Cammy fight, i.e. "I hate that fight because it takes all the skill away from the fight.. it's so fucking random. That fight is so goddamned retarded. I hate that fight SO MUCH!" A-fucking-men, brother. Nice to hear you acknowledge what the rest of us feel when fighting Cammerzzz. I agree James, Cammy play is a wasteland of unskilled randomness and I hate it too. And no, that sentiment doesn't just hold true for the Cammy mirror, it fits for any match where she is being played. Oh sure, some players are quite skilled with her, but by and large all you come across when fighting that skank is a bunch of spammed super safe shit that beats way too much of your shit if you dare try to counter it.

Get nerfed, bitch
angryrazz.gif

DR2K

Banned
Satyamdas said:
First, thanks for posting this!

Second, HOLY FUCKING SHIT at the trials and tribulations Mr. RedrappeR had to go through to get this episode rendered. We've all had those instances where computer program shit just refuses to work for whatever reason and I sympathize with his plight. I really appreciate his efforts though, this series has been entertaining and well made.

Third & Fourth: I can't help but feel really bad for James Chen when he loses his 2nd match. You can just feel his rage and frustration. And regardless of whatever people may think of his commentary or skills as a player, I think he is a classy guy and seeing him so disheartened after his loss sucked.

That being said..... What sweet, sweet poetic justice it is to hear James (a Cammy player) piss and moan about the Cammy fight, i.e. "I hate that fight because it takes all the skill away from the fight.. it's so fucking random. That fight is so goddamned retarded. I hate that fight SO MUCH!" A-fucking-men, brother. Nice to hear you acknowledge what the rest of us feel when fighting Cammerzzz. I agree James, Cammy play is a wasteland of unskilled randomness and I hate it too. And no, that sentiment doesn't just hold true for the Cammy mirror, it fits for any match where she is being played. Oh sure, some players are quite skilled with her, but by and large all you come across when fighting that skank is a bunch of spammed super safe shit that beats way too much of your shit if you dare try to counter it.

Get nerfed, bitch
angryrazz.gif

The only safe move she has is CS and it has the be a tiger knee motion, which is very difficult to execute, compared to most moves at least. Its effectiveness requires getting in, Cammy sucks at that. She has to take a ton of risks getting in and burn tons of meter to do it. She's not an easy character to win with and requires a ton of skill to be good with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom