• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
haunts said:
WCW3 SSF4 Grand Finals & Top 8 Playlist is now live: http://www.iplaywinner.com

Also, wanted to get soe feedback from you guys on the site. I added a team spooky banner for links and stuff, also placing featured videos and/or events there at the top so everyone can see them easier. What do you think?

looks good. it'll draw people to the links like the usual stream blurbs.

FindMyFarms said:
So today, I watched my roommate (Seiei Enbu) attain the #1 spot for Honda on the xbl leaderboards for a moment in time.

I must say that his journey there was.....one of the sadder things i've seen in my life *_*
HONDAAAAAAAAA

FindMyFarms said:
So today, I watched my roommate (Seiei Enbu) attain the #1 spot for Honda on the xbl leaderboards for a moment in time.

I must say that his journey there was.....one of the sadder things i've seen in my life *_*
Oh, that's who your roommate is. His Honda is really nice. He also said that he is terrified of dat Sak. ^_^

In other XBL ranked news, I'm 17 points away from hitting 5400 PP. I'm too scared to play ranked right now though. One loss, and I'm down 128 points. D=

In before points don't matter. And Dru90x > Seiei

LakeEarth

Ahh Honda. I put 100x more work into Abel, his combos, spacing, pressure, mixups, and I still win more with my EX headbutt, neutral jump fierce spamming Honda.

gutabo

FindMyFarms said:

LOL
Hey is he your roommate? send him my regards, I had many mirror matches against him back in the day. Maybe he remembers me? I used to care about that ranking(yeah I was naive or stupid, your choice) until I found out that makavelo(my competition for the first place at the time, we went back and forth) was a booster. So how's the SF online gaming nowadays? I haven't played online in a while... What about XBL gafchat?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Best SFAIII video ever. Daigo sooo young :D

I was wondering... why doesn't the fighting game community make montages of players? I know Maj makes combo videos, but it's not the same thing. Would be cool to see a Valle, Daigo, Tokido, Mago, Kuroda, Wong, or Ricky montage of their best moments through multiple games and also outside of the game.

The FPS community makes a ton of montages and I was hoping the FGC could make some too.

CPS2

KS Seven X said:
I was wondering... why doesn't the fighting game community make montages of players? I know Maj makes combo videos, but it's not the same thing. Would be cool to see a Valle, Daigo, Tokido, Mago, Kuroda, Wong, or Ricky montage of their best moments through multiple games and also outside of the game.

The FPS community makes a ton of montages and I was hoping the FGC could make some too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__hNjKAqhBc

USD

HDR stream is up, still testing:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gmc-ust
_dementia said:
Oh man, Akuma is OP in HDR. Admittedly, I don't know much about the players, but I'm sure aniken would take it because of that.
Aniken is considered the best Ken in Japan, while Otochun is the best chun. Otochun was part of the winning teams in SBO 03 (Otochun/Umehara/Kurahashi) and 08 (Otochun/ARG).

And the two are brothers.

USD

Still waiting for Aniken to get off from work, if anyone's wondering why the match hasn't started yet.
ntropy said:
is Sako playing? i see his name
Nah, it just says that Sako isn't coming.

Threi said:
DBJ, Greg, and Saty are still beasts

Me and Vexco are still free

same ol, same ol

man, I gotta join in on the fun someday....it's been a while (I miss being a training dummy for Greg, DBJ, and Saty) :D

USD

ntropy said:
what was the vote for?
How do you think the match will go?

1. Aniken one-sided victory
2. Otochun one-sided victory
3. Aniken wins in a close match
4. Otochun wins in a close match

hitsugi

_dementia said:
I like how he styles like a motherfucker and then still loses.
A common side effect of styling - losing :( luckily, AE Guy doesn't run into that as much as.. chocolate Guy? What's super again?

hitsugi said:
A common side effect of styling - losing :( luckily, AE Guy doesn't run into that as much as.. chocolate Guy? What's super again?

I do tons of run stop block strings....I don't care...it's too fun :D

USD

The HDR match was pretty interesting. Overall it was fairly close, but Aniken's Ken wasn't looking too strong today, and though Akuma is certainly powerful, he bleeds.

hitsugi said:

Vanilla is Vanilla, Super is Chocolate and AE is Strawberry. Strawberry Guy is a beast, and I'm picking him up and ditching Rufus.

vulva

Arpharmd B said:
Vanilla is Vanilla, Super is Chocolate and AE is Strawberry. Strawberry Guy is a beast, and I'm picking him up and ditching Rufus.
sf4 is vanilla, super is super and ae is ae. I sincerely hope no one actually starts calling them by chocolate or strawberry. There's really nothing appealing about those nicknames

edit: i love you xeno

I'm looking at a recent portrait of Mikail Baryshnikov and I cant help but think, this must be what Juicebox will look like when he's older.

USD

Lots of fighting game tournaments coming up in Japan.

The next two (major) NSB events are coming up fairly soon. NSB19 will be AE, in the standard NSB format (3v3, single elimination, same character team allowed). That will be on January 28, the tourney starting at 11:00 PM EST.

Some of the early sign-ups are listed on the NSB site, here are some of the teams listed:

Team Thomas
Haitani (Makoto) - One of the 5 Fighting Game Gods (Umehara, Tokido, Sako, Nuki, Haitani)
Shiro Itachi (Makoto) - SFIV Arcade Akuma, the Makoto player from the a-cho AE videos.
MDR (Rufus)

Team Nemoto
Nemo (Yang)
RF (Fei Long)
Ikoma (M.Bison)

Team NSB
tsk (Fei Long)
Gama no Abura (M.Bison)
Kokujin (Dudley)

The next day is NSB20, which will be BBCSII. Same format, January 29 at 11:00 PM EST.

The big news today is that GODSGARDEN #3 will be a Tekken 6 event. That's going to be on February 5, double elimination format. The winner gets 200K Yen (~$2400), winner-takes-all. They also get an invitation to GODSGARDEN #4 (AKA EvoGODS AKA EVO Japan), which is scheduled for the first week of May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom