• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Congrats to Eissan for winning the Scrubs tourney and taking out the secret boss.

imageasp.jpg

Kadey said:
Congrats to Eissan for winning the Scrubs tourney and taking out the secret boss.

imageasp.jpg

Good to see I've taken him from barely-salvageable Tekken addict to Online SF Champ.

The student has become the very good student. GJ Eissan :p

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I demand Capcom buff Ryu like this.

ryuf.gif

Good to see I've taken him from barely-salvageable Tekken addict to Online SF Champ.

He's getting a customized v neck t-shirt with exactly that.

Anybody coming to Columbus for Bar Battles Gaiden tomorrow? It's guaranteed to be the hypest 1-day tournament going on. We got Justin, PR Rog, FlashMetroid, Wolfkrone, Inthul, and friends coming to Momo's for a $2000+ estimated pot!

Toge

sonicspear64 said:
Anybody coming to Columbus for Bar Battles Gaiden tomorrow? It's guaranteed to be the hypest 1-day tournament going on. We got Justin, PR Rog, FlashMetroid, Wolfkrone, Inthul, and friends coming to Momo's for a $2000+ estimated pot!
is it streamed?

eissan

Killa Sasa said:

dude I own at tekken, no practice and I'll place top 8 in any local tourney :D. freakin beast with
brian :D.

and for evo this year I wanna do some training to drop some of my bad habits(aka wake up shoryu haha).

and thanks for the pointers :D

Satyamdas

Banned
gutabo said:
LOL
Hey is he your roommate? send him my regards, I had many mirror matches against him back in the day. Maybe he remembers me? I used to care about that ranking(yeah I was naive or stupid, your choice) until I found out that makavelo(my competition for the first place at the time, we went back and forth) was a booster. So how's the SF online gaming nowadays? I haven't played online in a while... What about XBL gafchat?
Yo Gutyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! What's up man long time no see! You know we miss you in XBL Gafchat!! Hope everything's good with you. And wow I had no idea Makavelo was a booster, I remember playing him a lot a while back. Many, many spammed Buttslam. I just figured a lot of people couldn't deal with it and thats how he was racking up wins.

As for that SF online, don't listen to threi. The only bona fide beast we have is jlai. Everybody else just scrubs it up to various levels. Would be cool if you could stop by sometime and put him in his place cuz I'm getting kinda tired of him completely dominating me no matter what game we play ^_^.

Speaking of jlai...

jlai said:
Classic jlai vs saty!

Still mad at myself for not uploading the epic first to 5 I had with him before it was gone from my battle log.
I only wish I could put up as good of a fight as Champ did there. Your Mak has me K.O.'d before the timer reaches 90, and that's some ole bullshit, my friend!

hitsugi

Solune said:
Holy shit, Otaku's Kyo is godlike.
Yeah, I xcopied his Kyo to the fullest. Him and Bouya were really amazing players. I'm surprised to see him playing AE, but Guy seems like a natural choice for him. Expect to see him wrecking shit in japans tournaments

Chavelo

Hey, SF-GAF...

More specifically, Denver-GAF! Listen up! Tomorrow there's gonna a SSFIV tourney made by Strike First and LevelSevenGames.

Time: 11am for casuals 12pm tournament starts
How much: 5 per person venue fee, 10 per game
Where: 1989 South Sheridan Boulevard, Denver
What: Double elimination tournament SSF4 and BB:CS
Whats at stake: 1st 70%, 2nd 20%, 3rd 10%

There will be a stream on ustream so you can see how well I'll do with my 1-month Juri. Wish me luck! :-3

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/strike-first-co

jlai

Satyamdas said:
Yo Gutyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! What's up man long time no see! You know we miss you in XBL Gafchat!! Hope everything's good with you. And wow I had no idea Makavelo was a booster, I remember playing him a lot a while back. Many, many spammed Buttslam. I just figured a lot of people couldn't deal with it and thats how he was racking up wins.

As for that SF online, don't listen to threi. The only bona fide beast we have is jlai. Everybody else just scrubs it up to various levels. Would be cool if you could stop by sometime and put him in his place cuz I'm getting kinda tired of him completely dominating me no matter what game we play ^_^.

Speaking of jlai...

I only wish I could put up as good of a fight as Champ did there. Your Mak has me K.O.'d before the timer reaches 90, and that's some ole bullshit, my friend!

<3 Saty <3

Too bad you clutched it out in the aforementioned first to 5, along with winning the Ranbats........ enough said!

Gentlemen, and Kadey (are there any other females in SFGAF?): I finally played again last night for the first time in...I really don't know how long. I found a possible sparring partner, so hopefully it'll keep things interesting.

Anyone know of any decent guides for picking up Fei Long? I looked on IPW, but they don't even have his combos listed. If not, I'll just start going through the SRK sub-forum, but I thought I'd ask here first.

Toge

prodystopian said:
Gentlemen, and Kadey (are there any other females in SFGAF?): I finally played again last night for the first time in...I really don't know how long. I found a possible sparring partner, so hopefully it'll keep things interesting.

Anyone know of any decent guides for picking up Fei Long? I looked on IPW, but they don't even have his combos listed. If not, I'll just start going through the SRK sub-forum, but I thought I'd ask here first.

Try Eventhubs?

His BnB is c.lk c.lk s.lp c.lp xx rekka

Axis

prodystopian said:

do you play on psn or xbl? i could show you some things with fei long/whoever if you're willing to learn it

Thanks for the SRK link.

God's Beard said:
RH Chicken Wing, clFP, Flame Kick FADC RH Chicken Wing, Ultra

How hard is the link (I think it's a link) with cl FP in that? I was messing around with it last night, but it was in casuals, so I didn't get to really test it out.

Axis said:
do you play on psn or xbl? i could show you some things with fei long/whoever if you're willing to learn it

PSN: Prodystopian

Yea I'd be willing.

Axis

prodystopian said:
Thanks for the SRK link.

How hard is the link (I think it's a link) with cl FP in that? I was messing around with it last night, but it was in casuals, so I didn't get to really test it out.

PSN: Prodystopian

Yea I'd be willing.

i like on xbl sry :(

cl.fp is a 1 frame link after the RH chicken wing...it basically turns into a two frame link if you plink tho...hit fp then immediately hit mp...notation would be fp~mp

go to training mode and put inputs on and see if it shows up like

mp fp
fp

alternatively, instead of cl.fp you can do s.lp->flamekick for a little less damage but still a ton after s.mp-RH chicken wing

s.lp is a 2 frame link, no plink needed :D!

other things: learn to use your normals, fei longs c.fp and c.mp are really good and fairly quick(both with far reaching hitboxes). he has some decent blockstrings such as c.lk->s.lp->s.lk->c.fp to keep tight pressure on people since i haven't seen anyone mash out of that yet. also, HIS FUCKING FOCUS ATTACK IS OP :p

USD

prodystopian said:
Thanks for the SRK link.

It's a one-frame link to cl.HP, 2F if you go for jab or crouch short, though you lose a lot of potential damage. On some characters (most of the female cast and a few others), you'll only get two hits on the second CW, so you won't be able to link into Ultra, but you're already looking at 400+ damage on that combo. On the other hand, cl.MP cancelled into HK CW works on some of the cast (works on most of the female cast and some of the big characters), which can lead to some high-damage punishes.

DR2K

Banned
I suck so much with Cammy, defensive players really kill me. My scrubby Juri racks up wins so easily. Oh well it's for the better, Cammy got boring in AE and Juri got buffed. Guess it's time to switch (over to MAHVEL).

Axis

DR2K said:
I suck so much with Cammy, defensive players really kill me. My scrubby Juri racks up wins so easily. Oh well it's for the better, Cammy got boring in AE and Juri got buffed. Guess it's time to switch (over to MAHVEL).

just wait them out lol...xup whenever possible and most players tend to panic if you can safely apply pressure for long enough(even balrog...FUCK THAT MATCHUP)

DR2K said:

Just figure out if your opponent is throw teching when you're in, or jab/blocking. If they're teching make sure you know how to punish each tech (such as ryu cr. mp os tech, or rose cr. fp os tech etc. etc.) accordingly, and if they're jabbing/blocking then throw dat ass(make sure its back throw). Make sure you know your mixups after landing a drill and after landing a back throw, so that way you can keep up your offense with either option you pick.

Don't care to do that? Well Juri's lookin real nice in AE. My roommate started playing a lot of Juri in super, and she really does have a lot of good stuff, peeps just haven't given her a shot yet outside of ed ma I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom