• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
FlightOfHeaven said:
Alright, I figure you'll know, so I'm asking this in all sincerity:

Why is it possible on a PS3 pad but not on the Wiimote D-Pad?
You aren't mapping attack buttons to the PS3 pad.

Hitokage said:
You aren't mapping attack buttons to the PS3 pad.

I should be more precise.

Why is it possible with the face buttons on the PS3/360 pads (ABYX/ O☐▲✕) but not the D-Pad on the Wiimote?

I see 4 inputs on each one. I don't know if there are any technical differences.

Wallach

FlightOfHeaven said:
I should be more precise.

Why is it possible with the face buttons on the PS3/360 pads (ABYX/ O☐▲✕) but not the D-Pad on the Wiimote?

I see 4 inputs on each one. I don't know if there are any technical differences.

Some characters need to use buttons differently. For example Juri has to hold a kick button during Senpusha to "stock" the fireball for that strength. She can continue to do other stuff while just holding that kick down and releasing the kick will release the fireball at the player's will. You'd be kind of screwed trying to do this with a D-Pad because you can't get to the opposite side buttons without letting go of the kick.

Wallach said:
Some characters need to use buttons differently. For example Juri has to hold a kick button during Senpusha to "stock" the fireball for that strength. She can continue to do other stuff while just holding that kick down and releasing the kick will release the fireball at the player's will. You'd be kind of screwed trying to do this with a D-Pad because you can't get to the opposite side buttons without letting go of the kick.

Hmm.

You are correct. I had not considered that possibility.

I admit defeat.

Wallach

FlightOfHeaven said:
Hmm.

You are correct. I had not considered that possibility.

I admit defeat.

Yeah, in practice it just limits your available number of input variances too much. Some of the moves that work like that go back to SF2, like Balrog's Turn-around Punch, so it's not really a new idea. Plus it would make doing negative edge inputs (activating a move with the release of the button instead of the press) during combos super difficult with anyone.

Edit - Technically Balrog uses 3P/3K for TAP so you could do that with that setup assuming you still had a 3P/3K assignment to a separate button.

Well, it'd be impossible if they needed to press opposing buttons at the same time (Up/Down & Left/Right) but not if they were adjacent (Up/Left, Up/Right, Down/Left, Down/Right). It makes things like Juri holding a fireball impossible, but not Focus Attacks or Throws.

DryEyeRelief said:
I'm not much of a violence man, but watching older GGs makes me so salty they took out blood in Accent Core. Not sure if it was amine influence or whatever, but the sound effects on stabbing ans slashing attacks make so much more sense with the red stuff providing visual reinforcement.

Anyways, I'm glad Gamerbee is sponsored. He's one of my favorite players, for obvious reasons. I hope he doesn't drop Adon even though he lost his tourney-winning wakeup speed.

esbern

Aruarian Reflection said:
Gamerbee is close to being sponsored and will hopefully announce something soon. Wonder who it'll be with...

he deserves it. looking forwards to his Adon AE play, which I guess will be more aggressive with the wakeup fix and ex buff? Anybody good at Adon and could maybe give an idea how he is going to fare?

Mœbius

_dementia said:
Anyways, I'm glad Gamerbee is sponsored. He's one of my favorite players, for obvious reasons. I hope he doesn't drop Adon even though he lost his tourney-winning wakeup speed.
Pretty sure he won't be dropping Adon. Aside from a couple of match-up specific issues I think he's ok with Adon in AE.

hitsugi

_dementia said:
I'm not much of a violence man, but watching older GGs makes me so salty they took out blood in Accent Core. Not sure if it was amine influence or whatever, but the sound effects on stabbing ans slashing attacks make so much more sense with the red stuff providing visual reinforcement.

Losing the wakeup speed gimmick is going to take a lot of adjusting to, but I think he'll stick with Adon.. I'd say because it's "his" character, but then again.. Daigo and Ryu

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
hitsugi said:
Losing the wakeup speed gimmick is going to take a lot of adjusting to, but I think he'll stick with Adon.. I'd say because it's "his" character, but then again.. Daigo and Ryu

do people still think Adon's knockdown glitch was that big in Gamerbee's success?

~Devil Trigger~ said:
do people still think Adon's knockdown glitch was that big in Gamerbee's success?
I dunno, Gamerbee mentioned it a lot in his crosscounter interview about his finals match vs Momochi last October.

I mean, safejump setups and such didn't work on Adon.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
It's the sort of thing that only matters at high level play. Safe jumps are huge, and it's probably the biggest reason why Momochi couldn't use Akuma against him.

You've got bots serving
flames burning
spears throwing
and cubes learning
But you best prep your snap backs
'cause I'm gonna take my health back
when my 10 hit tentacle whips crack
combo and start Devitalizing
and when you show slack I turn to stone
my ambiguous cross ups are Petrifying
You get mixed up you got mad and started mashing
Precision OTG my Hyper Mystic Smash is mystifying
I see you eyeballin' me
I'm mystic starin' at you
So what if I'm DLC
You've got a month till you're through
In Marvel 2 I was low tier
but now no tier can hold me
quit trying to play old school
This is Marvel 3, baby!
And everyone else is just an assist
they beck and call at my every mention
so stay focused, tighten your wrists,
or get wrapped up in my chaos dimension
If you challenge me, I'm not stopping to rest
I'm Shuma Gorath, waste of flesh.

hitsugi

~Devil Trigger~ said:
I don't know what other people think, but it sure as hell didn't hurt him. I said gamerbee was going to surprise a lot of people long before he entered any tournaments and I never thought it was only due to Adons wake up

haunts

Bacon of Hope
WCW3 SSF4 Grand Finals & Top 8 Playlist is now live: http://www.iplaywinner.com

Also, wanted to get soe feedback from you guys on the site. I added a team spooky banner for links and stuff, also placing featured videos and/or events there at the top so everyone can see them easier. What do you think?

hitsugi

Was Kiyo the A3 Guy that would fish for far MP and hit confirm into level 3 super -> follow up combo and basically kill you with one hit?

hitsugi

scratch my earlier remark about that Guy being Kiryu..

apparently it's "Legendary Otaku".. I only knew of one player named Otaku back in the CVS2 days, and he was damn good at that. I wonder if it's the same guy? Either way, his track record with Guy is completely absurd. 93.5% win ratio?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
haunts said:
WCW3 SSF4 Grand Finals & Top 8 Playlist is now live: http://www.iplaywinner.com

Also, wanted to get soe feedback from you guys on the site. I added a team spooky banner for links and stuff, also placing featured videos and/or events there at the top so everyone can see them easier. What do you think?
Wow

hitsugi

MIMIC said:
What I learned from this video: ALWAYS BLOCK LOW WHEN FIGHTING GUY....and just take the overhead kicks =p (they can't combo, right?)
Im not sure if it's counter hit specific but AE guy can combo c.short if only the second hit of the overhead kick connects.

So today, I watched my roommate (Seiei Enbu) attain the #1 spot for Honda on the xbl leaderboards for a moment in time.

I must say that his journey there was.....one of the sadder things i've seen in my life *_*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom