• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitsugi

...not really the word on the street

it is a code unlock. capcom was planning on releasing the code later on, as gootecks said.

jman2050

hitsugi said:
...not really the word on the street

it is a code unlock. capcom was planning on releasing the code later on, as gootecks said.

That had to have been a "just-in-case" plan cause Capcom should have known from 20 years ago that code unlocks never stay secret for long.

As a Twelve player, Oni is the most hype shit I've seen since SF4's release. Fuck Dudley, fuck Yang. Finally someone with an air dash, closest to my favorite character there'll ever be.

USD

iPlayWinner move sets and impressions:

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2011/1/...and-evil-ryu-media-move-sets-impressions.html

ONI AKUMA

- Seems like he has normal or slightly less than average vitality, Zangief's full ultra 1 does 55% dmg from full health

- Far standing MP and HP cancellable into specials, combos into QCF+LK

- LP -> far HP cancelable

- st.HK or F+MK Kara cancel to throw, slightly shorter range than Ken's Kara throw

- cr.HK slower and more recovery than Akuma, doesn't combo from LK Tatsu

- QCF+P; Fireball that travels about 75% of screen, then disappears. Can be held like Gouken's, then it does 2 hits and goes full screen. EX acts like a fast 2 hit fireball, can be combo'd from c.MK

- HCB+P; Electric fireball, has same properties as Akuma's HCB+P fireball. EX is faster, more damage?

- DP+P; Standard Akuma DP. Close standing 3 hits, FADC is best on the 2nd hit.

- QCF+K; Rushing spinning punch; Cannot combo after knockdown in corner?
LK - Automatically does attack, no dash. No knockdown, Only combos from clHP
MK - Quarter screen dash, then performs attack. Knocks down
HK - Half screen dash, then attacks. Crosses through opponent up close
EX - Goes through fireballs, HK distance, knocks down.

- QCB+K; Hurricane kick identical to Akuma's. Knocks opponent farther away, cannot DP or trip follow ups

- DP+K; Jumping attack, hits high, large hitbox. EX version counts as overhead.

- j.QCB+P; LP air dashes forward, MP performs downward attack, HP air dashes backward. Air dashes have minimum height and perform damaging attack on startup frames. No follow up attacks available.

- Ultra 1; Standard fireball ultra, does good damage.

- Ultra 2 HCFx2 PPP; Full animation deals 50% dmg t Zangief at full health. Non-animation deals 20% to full health Zangief and works as anti-air. Invincibility?

EVIL RYU

- Seems like he has less life than Oni, but unsure.

- far MP cancel into fireball
- far HP no cancel, like akuma's

- f+MK goes over lows, moves forward a bunch.

- standing FP kara throw, good distance

- Akuma's j.down+MK dive kick at top of jump
- f+MP : akuma's chop

- QCF+P ; normal fireball like Ryu
- HCB+P ; akuma fireball
- QCF+K ; Cool axe kick onto opponents head, only overheads on EX, relatively safe.

- DP+3P ; Teleport is just like akuma's

- Ultra 1 ; Just like Ryu's Ultra 1

- Ultra 2 ; Uppercut super Akuma used to have, has cinematic if you get the first hit, otherwise does okay damage.

- DP -> FADC -> Fireball ultra works

- EX Upper travels far forward, like Ken's FP Upper

- c.MK -> QCF+LK does good damage, can't combo after FADC

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
People really seem to like these characters, I thought they were going to be garbage and universally hated but man, they look like so much fun.

Edit: Wow, Oni's U2 does 50% to Gief? Nice.

Oni's looking a bit naff to me beyond KKZ though, I'm wondering if you can just block his Gouken palm by blocking the other way? Really wish they went with something like a "Good" Akuma if they were set on cheap pallet swaps...

Still KKZ makes me want to load up GGPO and be reminded of how terrible I am at 3S.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Crappy quality gif ala crappy quality source.

ieySV6.gif

Going to add him to my list of mains. :)

Anyway, it's pretty clear to me now that Oni is NOT Akuma or Gouken but rather a new character based on Capcom's Onimusha. He looks like and even has move sets from a typical Onimusha.

Kadey said:
Crappy quality gif ala crappy quality source.

Going to add him to my list of mains. :)

Anyway, it's pretty clear to me now that Oni is NOT Akuma or Gouken but rather a new character based on Capcom's Onimusha. He looks like and even has move sets from a typical Onimusha.

EDIT: Thanks I didn't see this one

That was sick.

DR2K

Banned
Yeah, I'm ready for MVC3. Garbage characters are garbage. Character select screen is has room for 2 more useless shoto characters. Violent Ken and Menstrual Sakura are going to be dope!

def sim

God's Beard said:
No airdash followups?

But... my dreams! :-(

He'd probably have less health if they gave him followups. I'm guessing air dashes have little to no recovery otherwise they'd be ass. Still would be a good tool if so.

rance said:
He'd probably have less health if they gave him followups. I'm guessing air dashes have little to no recovery otherwise they'd be ass. Still would be a good tool if so.

I fully expected him to have low health anyway. Normal health and a half assed airdash isn't as good :/

Jesus Christ, the concept of evil characters are so fucking lame and lazy. I hated all the R.Mika teases early on, but I would honestly prefer her over these two.

Booooo.

USD

DR2K said:
Yeah, I'm ready for MVC3. Garbage characters are garbage. Character select screen is has room for 2 more useless shoto characters. Violent Ken and Sunburned Sakura are going to be dope!
Fixed.

def sim

God's Beard said:
I fully expected him to have low health anyway. Normal health and a half assed airdash isn't as good :/

The character is totally new, we can still hope something broken gets discovered in the coming months!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Just got done playing this Bison player for like an hour and a half. Last match I almost perfected him with Gen but he rage quit :lol

Damn it all, I wish the game recorded rage quit matches.

Dartastic

I'm pretty hype on the characters being unlocked. I'm not going to even waste my time trying to learn mucha bout them though until there are better quality videos out. Those ones on SRK are trash.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kadey said:
Seeing Oni makes me want a new Onimusha now. :)
Fuck you Capcom... that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom