• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can barely tell due to the stream quality but Oni might just have a kickass theme.
edit: It's probably the music games in the background though.

Kimosabae

Banned
This is cool. This actually seems more inspired to me than I originally thought it would be. Even more so that any of what I've seen fans asking for. They both look completely different from any other character in the game.

Don't think Wong will drop SSF4 completely for MVC3. He's just in a slump at the moment, and other players levels are just getting higher too. I honestly think it has more to do with fools just straight up getting better at the game, though. No one is really absolutely free anymore at a certain level.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
DryEyeRelief said:
so...how did they get the codes?

Nobody knows for sure, some say they hacked into the arcade system, some say it was supposed to come out tommorow morning in Japan and it leaked so they got it early, some say someone in the US is selling the codes to arcades.

There is never ending speculation.

Kimosabae

Banned
Spiderjericho said:
Yeah, slumps happen.

Daigo got struck by the slump phase a few months ago (besides the bad Dhalsim matchup).

I'm not sure he'll dominate MVC3. Online is a component in the game. And Marn is probably one of the best TVC players in the country, and Keits said that top TVC players will probably dominate for the immediate future.

Stream Link:

http://www.justin.tv/brentmharris/#/w/787863168/5

Why aren't the commentators on the main microphone.

El Sloth

Banned
God's Beard said:
I honestly don't even think Justin likes playing SSF4 that much. He seems way excited for Marvel, though.
Justin basically said as much when he was commentating the Clockw0rk vs. Neo MvC2 moneymatch.

Kimosabae

Banned
I've been thinking recently that Ken vs Viper is just bad for Viper. Ken just gets in her face waaay to easily with step kick if she focuses too much on seismo. WIthout that zoning tool, Ken just opens her up like a can of tuna up close.

El Sloth

Banned
Evil Ryu and Oni impressions:

Red Rapper said:
[Editor's Note: Here are some great impressions of Evil Ryu and Oni Akuma from Red Rapper. Also, a recorded stream that went on earlier showing some gameplay is available.]

Alright... some notes:

E Ryu
-can combo into U2 with Low Forward xx EX Fireball FADC U2. With ANIMATION. Sick.
-Has low health. Pretty bad. Two wrong guesses and you dizzy from some characters =/
-Does a TON of damage. One combo into tatsu did about 35- 40 percent on chun li.
-Low forward is third strike low forward... Pretty damn good, but slower than ryu's. You can't combo into it off jabs.
-You CAN combo into his STRONG off jabs though, and his c. strong is REALLY REALLY good. Thing has a LOT of range and stuffs a LOT of shit. On bigger hitbox characters you can combo 3 c strongs into whatever you like. so far you can do it on Oni.
- The new overhead stomp move isn't an overhead unless ex'd. You can combo into the normal versions from a low forward. Ex doesn't combo.
-Hop kick. =)
- Teleport.
- His super is R. Demon. His ultra's are a mega fireball and a metsu go shoryu uppercut thing which he hits you with three uppercuts: flies into the air and charges evil energy... and slams you're face into the ground with it.
-Fierce Uppercut Anti Air is back.
- It's all about risk reward. I played E Ryu, and I played normal Ryu against him at one point. Does he makes Ryu obsolete? No way. Essentially, you're getting a different version of Ryu who does more Damage, but in return takes a LOT OF DAMAGE. His low forward is better or worse in some ways, but he has some cool tools that could help out against normal Ryu's bad matchups. However-- he's for sure not overpowered. No way.

He's not like Vanilla Sagat either. Vanilla sagat you could guess wrong quite a few times and still pull out a victory with one ultra combo. E Ryu you guess wrong twice you're fucked. V

Very cool character though. Tons of fun to play and a nice vary up to normal Ryu's style.

ONI

Most of my Oni notes have already been stated but:
-he actually probably has good health. But low damage output. Fierce fierce uppercut with Ryu didn't hurt him that badly.
- Can combo U2 off his ex slide dash move.
- Some of his normals are fairly good(s HK) some are so/so.
- His c. strong is pretty decent.
- His fireballs don't go full screen unless ex'd.
- His shoryuken is good at times and hit and miss at others.
- His demon flip is a really good anti air from some ranges.
- Air teleport seems REALLY good with some practice.
- Can do air ultra fireball... possibly for chip.

Overall: seems to have a lot of potential, but needs to be learned. Like I said before, also not overpowered.

Both of these guys are pretty fun to play. They look cool, they're pretty solid, and they're definitely beatable. E Ryu is different from the other Shotos and tbh I wouldn't really call Oni all that shoto like. Yeah, he has a fireball, an uppercut and a tatsu... but the properties are pretty weird, and a lot of his playstyle seems quite different. Exciting stuff.

AE has peaked my interest again =)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Wow - I've been counting down in the back of my mind till Evil Ryu & Oni were finally released, and China comes through with the hacked codes - that's awesome. That's the technology today - hacking arcade boards for codes - in a way I feel bad for Capcom, and in a way I don't since the two characters were all ready and just sitting there.

And figures that they get released while I'm busy all afternoon and evening - I just got on and I'm going through the two stream archives earlier, and apparently there should be a continuation one as well...

But these characters did not disappoint at all! Kinda hyped me up for AE again - Evil Ryu may take insane damage, but he looks to give crazy damage, can do the Akuma SRK FADC Red Fireball combo, can FADC into both Ultras for FULL damage - holy shit. They both look sick as well...

Oni looks cool too, looks to play a lot different than any other character despite the fireball, uppercut and hurricane kick - that air dash looks very interesting, and I haven't seen it yet, but the air Ultra fireball also sounds interesting.

And hey, everyone's been asking about it, and now you all finally got KKZ.

Satyamdas

Banned
Spiderjericho said:
Did something happen to Justin Wong? He's been getting blown up as of late (today, it was Banana Ken in winner's, Wolf Krone in team tournament).
I think what happened is he is a human being who will lose matches just like he wins them. I mean he lost to Banana Ken, Wolfkrone, and Air and Clakey D at WCW. These are all crazy good players and I don't think Justin or anybody is so far above their level that a loss to them means something must be "wrong" or something had to happen to cause it. Dude just got outplayed today and last week, no big deal.

Kimosabae

Banned
Satyamdas said:
I think what happened is he is a human being who will lose matches just like he wins them. I mean he lost to Banana Ken, Wolfkrone, and Air and Clakey D at WCW. These are all crazy good players and I don't think Justin or anybody is so far above their level that a loss to them means something must be "wrong" or something had to happen to cause it. Dude just got outplayed today and last week, no big deal.

SSF4 is just random garbs.

Satyamdas said:
These are all crazy good players and I don't think Justin or anybody is so far above their level that a loss to them means something must be "wrong" or something had to happen to cause it. Dude just got outplayed today and last week, no big deal.

Yeah, it seems like the level of players has definitely risen since IV. And Evo up until now has seemed like a shake up (though the majority of top spots go to people like Ricky O, F.Champ, Valle, Wong, etc).

Gamerbee, Inthul, AndyOCR, Vangief, Wolfkrone, etc are all top and up and coming players.

For Wong, no top 8 at Evo, losing to Gamerbee @ Evo and SB5, etc, his level of dominance is no longer there.

And what the hell are they going on about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom