• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

Nice to see Yeb doing well, with Super Gen no less. And just a few months back he was talking about dropping Super altogether.

Rocwell

What the hell does that dash punch that passes through cross up? People seem to keep eating it every time and I can't tell if it's because they're getting frame trapped or if they're blocking the wrong way.

Holy crap at E. Ryu U2 :lol

USD

Hahaha @ the random finger.

*Evil Ryu does FADC UC1* "STOP DOING TWO-YEAR-OLD SHIT, WE DON'T NEED TO SEE THAT." Ahahaha

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I can see Momochi, Daigo and Tokido picking up E.Ryu. I saw dive kick earlier. Looks like he doesn't have teleport which would've made him even more overpowered.

jman2050

Kadey said:
I can see Momochi, Daigo and Tokido picking up E.Ryu. I saw dive kick earlier. Looks like he doesn't have teleport which would've made him even more overpowered.

He does have Akuma's teleport.

Kadey said:
E.Ryu has teleport. I don't think he has demon flip though, so no vortex.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
E.Ryu overkill confirmed. A top level purely offensive E.Ryu is going to be something. Can't wait to see what someone like Tokido does with him.

And I think it's funny we got the code before Japan.

AllGamer

_dementia said:
E.Ryu has teleport. I don't think he has demon flip though, so no vortex.

Evil Ryu

• Akuma's Fireball, Red Fireball, Shoryuken, Hurricane Kick, Demon Flip and Teleport all look to be pretty close to what Evil Ryu can do. It looks like the major tricks Akuma can perform, like cross up Hurricane Kicks and Demon Flip traps, so can Evil Ryu.

Imm0rt4l

Oni sounds like an offensive gouken, his palm apparently crosses up.

Hopefully Evil Ryu doesn't totally undermine Akuma as a character, it's already looking that way.

USD

I'm 99% sure that Evil Ryu (and Oni) doesn't have Demon Flip. I haven't seen a single player do it.
Imm0rt4l said:
Oni sounds like an offensive gouken, his palm apparently crosses up.

Hopefully Evil Ryu doesn't totally undermine Akuma as a character, it's already looking that way.
If he had Demon Flip, that could have been the case, but without it, Akuma definitely still has his place.

Beyond the palm (which can cross up) and the chargeable fireball (which works nothing like Gouken's fireball game), I don't see any real similarities between Oni and Gouken.

Rocwell

I dunno what to make of E.Ryu yet... it looks to me his cr mk, cr hk, cr hp all have slower startup so he can't combo into them off of jabs or cr mp. Could be wrong on the cr hp though. Not sure what to make of him yet,
Vanilla
Ryu seems to have better normals, combos, and a more useful super. I like his new dash though, will be nice for reset cross under shenanigans. Not sure what to make of his new axe kick. Does it cause untechable knockdowns?

:Edit:

:O Oni can do his fireball ultra in the air

Duelist

Imm0rt4l said:
I think Evil Ryu having a hole in his chest is kinda corny.

But, but... that's where his heart used to be right? He sold it to become evil!

I thought we were done with this, Capcom.

Oh god. I just know Capcom is working with Studio 4C on Shonen Jump vs Capcom, but I REALLY don't trust them to make it.

The only way I would trust them is if they put up a gameplay trailer and Naruto had Shadow Dio's moveset with air Kunai instead of ground knives. Rasengan should look like soul spiral but grabs on hit like Ibuki's Raida. Basically sliding Raida with chip.

As long as they don't fuck that up, the rest of SJ characters can be made however they want. Most would be pretty self-explanatory anyway. Kakashi with copy super that nullifies other supers, Luffy with them Necro grabs, Yagami Light summoning death and running away like Mariah, Kenshiro being a hard core badass.

Also, every character HAS to have a lvl 5 revival/transform super like Phoenix. This is Shonen fights we're talking about. Nobody stays down for the count. NOBODY.

El Sloth said:
I noticed Evil Ryu has two (slightly) different character art for mirror matches. Same with Oni?

:(
E.Ryu has a asymmetrical outfit. In SF4, the character portraits correctly represent their costumes.
That's why Sagat's eye patch and Vega's tattoos are always correct, regardless of player side.

Rocwell

Yeah the flame effects are a bit much... Everyone and their Grandma is going to be playing these characters if/when they make it into the console version. At least they have low health so scrubs will drop even faster. I'm actually pretty impressed with Oni though, he almost looks like a new character. He will certainly play a lot differently from the other shotos/Gouken.

vulva

some overlapping info with USD's but different source/perspective

Alright... some notes:

E Ryu
-can combo into U2 with Low Forward xx EX Fireball FADC U2. With ANIMATION. Sick.
-Has low health. Pretty bad. Two wrong guesses and you dizzy from some characters =/
-Does a TON of damage. One combo into tatsu did about 35- 40 percent on chun li.
-Low forward is third strike low forward... Pretty damn good, but slower than ryu's. You can't combo into it off jabs.
-You CAN combo into his STRONG off jabs though, and his c. strong is REALLY REALLY good. Thing has a LOT of range and stuffs a LOT of shit. On bigger hitbox characters you can combo 3 c strongs into whatever you like. so far you can do it on Oni.
- The new overhead stomp move isn't an overhead unless ex'd. You can combo into the normal versions from a low forward. Ex doesn't combo.
-Hop kick. =)
- Teleport.
- His super is R. Demon. His ultra's are a mega fireball and a metsu go shoryu uppercut thing which he hits you with three uppercuts: flies into the air and charges evil energy... and slams you're face into the ground with it.
-Fierce Uppercut Anti Air is back.
- It's all about risk reward. I played E Ryu, and I played normal Ryu against him at one point. Does he makes Ryu obsolete? No way. Essentially, you're getting a different version of Ryu who does more Damage, but in return takes a LOT OF DAMAGE. His low forward is better or worse in some ways, but he has some cool tools that could help out against normal Ryu's bad matchups. However-- he's for sure not overpowered. No way.

He's not like Vanilla Sagat either. Vanilla sagat you could guess wrong quite a few times and still pull out a victory with one ultra combo. E Ryu you guess wrong twice you're fucked. V

Very cool character though. Tons of fun to play and a nice vary up to normal Ryu's style.

ONI

Most of my Oni notes have already been stated but:
-he actually probably has good health. But low damage output. Fierce fierce uppercut with Ryu didn't hurt him that badly.
- Can combo U2 off his ex slide dash move.
- Some of his normals are fairly good(s HK) some are so/so.
- His c. strong is pretty decent.
- His fireballs don't go full screen unless ex'd.
- His shoryuken is good at times and hit and miss at others.
- His demon flip is a really good anti air from some ranges.
- Air teleport seems REALLY good with some practice.
- Can do air ultra fireball... possibly for chip.

Overall: seems to have a lot of potential, but needs to be learned. Like I said before, also not overpowered.

Both of these guys are pretty fun to play. They look cool, they're pretty solid, and they're definitely beatable. E Ryu is different from the other Shotos and tbh I wouldn't really call Oni all that shoto like. Yeah, he has a fireball, an uppercut and a tatsu... but the properties are pretty weird, and a lot of his playstyle seems quite different. Exciting stuff.

AE has peaked my interest again =)

"E Ryu
-Hop kick. =)

ONI

- Can combo U2 off his ex slide dash move.
- His demon flip is a really good anti air from some ranges.
- Air teleport seems REALLY good with some practice.
- Can do air ultra fireball... possibly for chip."

Yo damn.

So Oni has a demon flip and the air dash? And Evil Ryu has the mule kick?

Somebody should test slide -> air fireball ultra in the corner.

USD

God's Beard said:
So Oni has a demon flip and the air dash? And Evil Ryu has the mule kick?
He's talking about his jumping ground slam, which isn't really a Demon Flip at all. Evil Ryu's axe kick is totally different from mule kick.

El Sloth

Banned
_dementia said:
E.Ryu has a asymmetrical outfit. In SF4, the character portraits correctly represent their costumes.
That's why Sagat's eye patch and Vega's tattoos are always correct, regardless of player side.
Ah, I see. I couldn't tell that Ryu's gi was ripped from the blurry vids. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom