• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT3| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satyamdas

Banned
Kimosabae said:
SSF4 is just random garbs.
SSF4 is just random styles of apparel? Are you just saying SSF4 is random? Or is there some other usage of garb that I'm unaware of?

And yeah SpiderJ I agree the level of play has really increased and personally I'm glad to see it along with "unknown" players making a splash. Gustavo's Abel was awesome to see, online peeps knew of Latif's Viper which was also a problem at WCW, etc. Now I just am waiting for DBJ to let the world know about DAT SAK and Jlai to body some pros with his Mak.

rocK`

Banned
Just got done with about 6+ hours of evil ryu play at chinatown fair. I could answer some questions for people tomorrow. Just quote this post with a question.

Satyamdas said:
Now I just am waiting for DBJ to let the world know about DAT SAK and Jlai to body some pros with his Mak.
Yeah, I hope to see GAF represent @ Final Round. FMF, DBJ, etc.

And man, there was a lot of SALT in that room when Wolfkrone did whatever he did. When they got J.Wong on the mic talking ish, it must be something a player shouldn't do.

Oni's appearance seems to be based on the Oni powerup in Onimusha plus the artwork from SVC Chaos Akuma.

Evil Ryu seems to be based on the SVC handheld game and...unsure where they get the hole in the chest.

Man, I really wish they would've given AE an aesthetic makeover like Second Impact or TS, where they change the ui and stages/music. I was listening to the IV music in my car, and it's so uninspired.

Spiderjericho said:
Oni's appearance seems to be based on the Oni powerup in Onimusha plus the artwork from SVC Chaos Akuma.

Evil Ryu seems to be based on the SVC handheld game and...unsure where they get the hole in the chest.

I bet Akuma won the ultimate battle, killed Gouken again and unlocked Ryu.

eissan

rocK` said:
Just got done with about 6+ hours of evil ryu play at chinatown fair. I could answer some questions for people tomorrow. Just quote this post with a question.

would I main evil ryu if I main ryu right now?

Satyamdas said:
SSF4 is just random styles of apparel? Are you just saying SSF4 is random? Or is there some other usage of garb that I'm unaware of?

And yeah SpiderJ I agree the level of play has really increased and personally I'm glad to see it along with "unknown" players making a splash. Gustavo's Abel was awesome to see, online peeps knew of Latif's Viper which was also a problem at WCW, etc. Now I just am waiting for DBJ to let the world know about DAT SAK and Jlai to body some pros with his Mak.
SASQUATCH -roars with anger-

NeoUltima said:
This optimism pleases me. I still dream of Rolento.
He's coming don't worry. ;)

Anyway, just got back from Bar Battles. The team tourney was the most grueling shit I've ever seen. Drama drama drama!

After talking with Banana Ken a couple times, he's a cool guy. Before, the only competitive Ken I liked was Dr. Chaos, but Banana Ken just won me over.

Satyamdas

Banned
AkumaHokoru said:
SASQUATCH -roars with anger-
Awwwww, come on Akuma! How can you not love such an adorable little fellow? ^_^

Look, you've made him sad!
iemmEg.gif

Mœbius

Man, Akuma has been my main pretty much this whole time (although I also started using Makoto in Super) and I'm wondering whether I should also seriously pick-up either of the new two. Oni looks genuinely different than Akuma - aside from the physical resemblance and a few moves it's obviously a totally different play style, which is interesting... and then there's the air dash and air demon!

E.Ryu looks interesting too - a mix of Third Strike Ryu (3S low forward, Alpha Senpukyaku, and generally more rushdown), and vanilla Akuma (combos and RD).

Will be fun to play with them and find out; one thing that is clear is that they are not overpowered.

On an unrelated note I decided to go through Guy's trials and use him this weekend and I'm really enjoying him. Any Guy mains out there feel like sharing your general tips?

MIMIC

Banned
It's all about risk reward. I played E Ryu, and I played normal Ryu against him at one point. Does he makes Ryu obsolete? No way. Essentially, you're getting a different version of Ryu who does more Damage, but in return takes a LOT OF DAMAGE. His low forward is better or worse in some ways, but he has some cool tools that could help out against normal Ryu's bad matchups. However-- he's for sure not overpowered. No way.

He's not like Vanilla Sagat either. Vanilla sagat you could guess wrong quite a few times and still pull out a victory with one ultra combo. E Ryu you guess wrong twice you're fucked.

Jeez. He sounds worse than Fuerte =p

BotoxAgent said:
I hope evil ryu and oni are good! and hopefully allieviate the Yun and Yang bandwagon

Going by the interviews from Mike Ross and Clakey D, neither are top tier. I think they'll be good characters, but will definitely have there disadvantages and won't blow through the cast like people may have thought at first. So basically Daigo isn't coming back to Ryu(either) and the Yun(and Yang somewhat I guess) army will still dominate when AE is released.

It's cool though, I want these guys to be playable in tourney's. They look cool and have some pretty nice stuff, but they are far from broken from the looks of it.

Joekage

Satyamdas said:

Man, no love. Been without XBL for too long it seems haha. Don't worry, I'll still credit Saty for that Sim exp when I show F champ dat Cody.

Satyamdas

Banned
Joekage said:
Man, no love. Been without XBL for too long it seems haha. Don't worry, I'll still credit Saty for that Sim exp when I show F champ dat Cody.
Sheeeiiiiiiiiiiiiit! Mad waffle love, son! I'd have mentioned you but I already consider you on the map!! Same w/ Farms. At least as far as hardcore stream monsters go, we've all seen dat Cody get busy plenty of times!

And when you getting back on XBL? Some new booty cats are talkin greasy like they want a piece of dat Cody. I try to tell em to step carefully but you know how kids are these days!!

Joekage

Satyamdas said:
Sheeeiiiiiiiiiiiiit! Mad waffle love, son! I'd have mentioned you but I already consider you on the map!! Same w/ Farms. At least as far as hardcore stream monsters go, we've all seen dat Cody get busy plenty of times!

And when you getting back on XBL? Some new booty cats are talkin greasy like they want a piece of dat Cody. I try to tell em to step carefully but you know how kids are these days!!

Waffle love 4 lyfe <#! Haha, don't worry, you'll see all the killers on GAF at Final Round this year. Shaping up to be our big stage! And I'll be back on XBL, hopefully tomorrow night, finally got around to purchasing a new Gold membership earlier today so tell them booty cats (lmao) that they can get dat Cody any day of the week. also tell DBJ that he's free. <3

DBJ's dat sak is dat FREEDOM

What did wolfkrone do that got everyone in a tussle? I dunno why peeps go after him so much, he's my dude! We used to play every night when vanilla was teh hawtness. I still remember our first conversation....YO FARMS U NO IM ON DAT PAD RIGHT. I'm like, oh yeah? He's like, YEAH LEMM SEND U SUM PIX. And.....yeah... he sent me pics on psn LOL.

rocK` said:

Is Evil Ryu's dive kick any good? Can you use it to apply pressure like Seth(before the AE nerf) or is just a mix up tool like Akuma's current dive kick?

And anything you have to say about them I'd love to hear.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
wait what, evil ryu is a playable character? I thought yun & yang were the only additions to AE

Axis

Joekage said:
Waffle love 4 lyfe <#! Haha, don't worry, you'll see all the killers on GAF at Final Round this year. Shaping up to be our big stage! And I'll be back on XBL, hopefully tomorrow night, finally got around to purchasing a new Gold membership earlier today so tell them booty cats (lmao) that they can get dat Cody any day of the week. also tell DBJ that he's free. <3

it's murking season babaaaaaaaaaay. final round is gonna be fun :)

Satyamdas said:

rbrogue just don't know

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
_Xenon_ said:
Great. More shotos. That's what we all need.

And what's the point of Gouken then?

I'm not sure you've watched footage but Oni really looks interesting and different, granted evil ryu seems similar to akuma but still.

BitchTits

I don't use shotos at all, but they look better than the palette swaps I expected.

What's the move Oni does where he goes behind and does a slash that sends them into a juggle state? Is that totally new to this game/character? Looks like he dashes through the opponent and they have to block on the other side - that's an interesting move right there, would like to see stuff like that on actual character rather than 'evil' version of existing character.

h3ro

Spiderjericho said:
And man, there was a lot of SALT in that room when Wolfkrone did whatever he did. When they got J.Wong on the mic talking ish, it must be something a player shouldn't do.

Anyone have any more info on this? What happened?

h3ro said:
Anyone have any more info on this? What happened?

It has something to do with an ultra/super in a round. All I know is Wolfkrone was playing Flash Metroid in the Team Tournament finals. Something, something happened then BAM, Scene Drama. But from the way Banana Ken and PR Balrog were going back and forth in Spanish, Noel Brown trolling or J.Wong just outright calling it out, it seemed like a big deal.

I tried to look for it on SRK in the thread, but it's not there.

BTW, does Oni's ending seem a bit DBZ with those orbs flying around? Saw the Oni/E. Ryu endings posted on SRK.

Threi

notag
been grinding my ass off lately, this past week (between fighting saty, DBJ, and...well...anyone who can block) i think ive lost over 200 matches (and won less than 20).

Hopefully the grinding will level up my deejay, but right now i dont really see the light at the end of the tunnel.

It's like that one dude on a stream said, you love the game, but the game doesn't really love you.

:p

Axis

Threi said:
been grinding my ass off lately, this past week (between fighting saty, DBJ, and...well...anyone who can block) i think ive lost over 200 matches (and won less than 20).

Hopefully the grinding will level up my deejay, but right now i dont really see the light at the end of the tunnel.

It's like that one dude on a stream said, you love the game, but the game doesn't really love you.

i still take those from them sometimes...but i definitely feel better for it when it comes to fighting other people

RS4-

Ugh, I don't know if I want to buy SSF again, I've squeezed in maybe 4 matches since last July and about 5 games of AE last week. I just need something to play until Marvel comes out lol

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
BitchTits said:
I don't use shotos at all, but they look better than the palette swaps I expected.

What's the move Oni does where he goes behind and does a slash that sends them into a juggle state? Is that totally new to this game/character? Looks like he dashes through the opponent and they have to block on the other side - that's an interesting move right there, would like to see stuff like that on actual character rather than 'evil' version of existing character.

It's SF's version of Onimusha's Issen slash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARLmPcquTK4

That one downward air strike is also reminiscent of one of the Onimusha moves. Ultra fireball, looks, everything.

If E.Ryu and Oni are enemies. It makes perfect sense. In Onimusha, Demons and Onis are supposed to be at it with each other with the former nearly wiping out the latter.

It'll be awesome if SF is actually considering combining the two universes. That means we can see even more interesting characters.

_Xenon_

Banned
Corky said:
I'm not sure you've watched footage but Oni really looks interesting and different, granted evil ryu seems similar to akuma but still.
Oni looks like a buffed up Gouken. So what's the point of Gouken then?

USD

_Xenon_ said:
Oni looks like a buffed up Gouken. So what's the point of Gouken then?
Not really. No directional fireballs. No Demon Flip. No Parry. Totally different normals. The only thing they have similar is one special (1.5 if you count the chargeable fireball) and some aesthetics.

Oni is essentially a character with Akuma's normals, new variants of the shoto specials and Gouken's palm, along with a few entirely new specials and new Ultras.

Bob White

_Xenon_ said:
Great. More shotos. That's what we all need.

I agree....this shit is getting stupid. It's like they're doing the same shit that turned people off of SF all over again. Tons of fighters on the way....throwing in "evil" characters again. I'm all for hype, but this shit looks like some fanboy naruto shit. Hey, capcom, I'd LOVE a different variation of C Viper. Why should shoto fans be able to have all these different versions of their favorite play style? Throw some other fucking styles a bone.

Fuck it. MVC3 will kill sf4 and hopefully SF vs Tekken will bury it. That's how turned off I am to the mindset of adding these two fucking characters. OK, I'll go cry moar somewhere else.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Threi said:

Let's fight to make that 250 matches lost. *trollface*

jman2050

Bob White said:
I agree....this shit is getting stupid. It's like they're doing the same shit that turned people off of SF all over again. Tons of fighters on the way....throwing in "evil" characters again. I'm all for hype, but this shit looks like some fanboy naruto shit. Hey, capcom, I'd LOVE a different variation of C Viper. Why should shoto fans be able to have all these different versions of their favorite play style? Throw some other fucking styles a bone.

Fuck it. MVC3 will kill sf4 and hopefully SF vs Tekken will bury it. That's how turned off I am to the mindset of adding these two fucking characters. OK, I'll go cry moar somewhere else.

So much bitterness.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I hope Tokido picks up Oni so he can go beyond Murder Face into the realm of Godlike levels.

Anyways, the Ultras look hype, but the characters are a bit silly. Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is going to murder this game in the end though. MvC3 will be the main event of Evo this year and beyond. I think SSF4/AE will be jumped to second tier.

Edit: Also just noticed that Oni's FP SRK is a Shin Shoryuken. So, they gave Gouken's ultra to Oni as a normal. Sweet. See ya Gouken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom