• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter IV 3D edition |OT| Lets take this outside!

The Hermit

So, I am one click away from buying this basically for Super Street Fighter 4, because I can't stand playing SF4 vanilla in my PC anymore... I miss my Mak, no matter how shitty she is in super.

Time for the truth Gaf, For or Against?

Baiano19 said:
So, I am one click away from buying this basically for Super Street Fighter 4, because I can't stand playing SF4 vanilla in my PC anymore... I miss my Mak, no matter how shitty she is in super.

It's an excellent port with a great net code.
Unless you're planning on doing tournies or something, you can't go wrong.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I've only ever received one StreetPass with SSFIV 3D. I lost lol.

I'm hoping I get more, I'm always in Toronto so I figure I cannot be the only one who owns SSFIV 3D and puts my 3DS on sleep mode.

Nabs

Baiano19 said:

wait until 4/12 at least.

El Sloth

Banned
Baiano19 said:

I would wait at least until the embargo lifts on the recent Captivate event. If a tweet of Ono is to believed(lol) we may be hearing news of a possible SSIV port for PC.

- J - D -

Playing this online, I've never felt like this game touches 30fps. It's more like a sluggish (if stable) 20fps. Could be an issue with latency, but unfortunately it's A far cry from the console versions.

Chorazin

WonkersTHEWatilla said:
Playing this online, I've never felt like this game touches 30fps. It's more like a sluggish (if stable) 20fps. Could be an issue with latency, but unfortunately it's A far cry from the console versions.
It's a rock solid 30fps online, any slowdown you experience is lag.

gimz

Haziqonfire said:

I'm hoping I get more, I'm always in Toronto so I figure I cannot be the only one who owns SSFIV 3D and puts my 3DS on sleep mode.
im in Toronto too, and I already have 6 or 7 street fighter streetpass battle, out of my 15 mii plaza!

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
gimz said:
im in Toronto too, and I already have 6 or 7 street fighter streetpass battle, out of my 15 mii plaza!

Wow, nice.

Every day that I've been downtown [3 days so far] I've had 3 Streetpass notifications! So I hope I get a lot more.

- J - D -

Chorazin said:
It's a rock solid 30fps online, any slowdown you experience is lag.

Yeah I've considered that. It's very persistent though. I have SFIV on console and I do still play it without issues with latency and it's generally pretty smooth.. My experience with the 3DS version online hasn't been as good. I've encountered too many lag-filled matches.

I'm still enjoying the game though, for the novelty that it is.

jlevel13

Baiano19 said:

If you were going to buy something just to play SSFIV, I'd buy a 360/ps3 (it's not like the 3DS is really cheaper). While the port to 3DS is basically fine (and fun), you do lose out with the smaller screen, control compomise, unstable/lower framerate, no replay channel and more. Online is serviceable, but it seems like there are still many more people playing on 360, where I'm usually in a game in 5 seconds or less, while on 3DS it can be a wait (possible because the player base is broken up between the two different control schemes). Portability is nice though.

Chorazin said:
Haha, yeah! It was laggy as shit, you were the Ibuki right? You weren't bad, best Ibuki I've fought on 3DE so far. The lag at the end of the match make it had for me to pull it out! :)

Yeah man, I remember you! You got better at reading me towards the end, but that jump in when I had Ultra was just bad timing for you. :)

Edit: And I got 14 wins in a row today! Not too shabby, I think. :)

Haha, your name looked familiar, but thats cool. I'm pretty sure you're the toughest person I've faced so far, that combo was kickin' my ass. I would of rematched you again, but I had to go, so shit I'll add your FC and we can play some more or somethin.

I think Ken is probably going to be my main from now on, I've been having a hell of a time trying to find out who I want to play as

samoset

I've developed a base level proficiency with Juri and would like another character that is similar enough to easily branch out. And what's an easy charge character to learn?

Thoraxes said:
Can anyone tell me how to turn on auto-block or how to fight people who have it off?
Make a custom game and set your settings prior to only play agst 'pro mode' or people with the same controls as you.

Not really building anymore PP.. most of my matches are only netting me 1 PP :(

I can't search for same skill because it takes like 10 mins sometimes. Blargh.

MooMoo

So Pokemon Black has diverted my attention from this game but I decided to take a break from pokemon so I can give some time to this/other games. I've never played a fighting game for extended periods of time so forgive me if these are newby questions. I'm doing the trials/challenges and I'm having a hard time pulling off the simply multi-attack moves (i.e. crouch hard kick -> crouch medium kick -> medium punch and stuff like that). Is there a certain timing I should be looking for? Also sometimes the attacks push me so far back from the target that the last attack won't connect, what should I be doing here?

MooMoo said:
So Pokemon Black has diverted my attention from this game but I decided to take a break from pokemon so I can give some time to this/other games. I've never played a fighting game for extended periods of time so forgive me if these are newby questions. I'm doing the trials/challenges and I'm having a hard time pulling off the simply multi-attack moves (i.e. crouch hard kick -> crouch medium kick -> medium punch and stuff like that). Is there a certain timing I should be looking for? Also sometimes the attacks push me so far back from the target that the last attack won't connect, what should I be doing here?
They are usually 1 frame links so its getting the timing down .. its a bit tough honestly. Alot of those are hard to pull off and pros usually use a technique called plinking to connect those links easily on sticks.

I didn't realise there was auto block in this game so thats what all those blue effects were. I thought it was funny my opponents kept lighting up blue whenever they blocked.

MooMoo

TurtleSnatcher said:
They are usually 1 frame links so its getting the timing down .. its a bit tough honestly. Alot of those are hard to pull off and pros usually use a technique called plinking to connect those links easily on sticks.
Ah okay, I figured it had to do with timing. I looked up plinking and it cleared this up a lot. Thanks!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Juri is such a babe.

KaYotiX

Banned
Ryu bogard said:
I didn't realise there was auto block in this game so thats what all those blue effects were. I thought it was funny my opponents kept lighting up blue whenever they blocked.

yeah there is, for ppl that abuse it i go into throw mode and grab them over and over.

hamchan

Yeah I thought it was weird that people were taking absorption damage like they were focus attacking even though they were blocking. Doesn't seem worth it to turn autoblock on.

Celine

Ryu bogard said:
Oh so it was that.

BTW I fought a Seth too online.
He was really bad though.

kinggroin said:
Jump over each fireball while holding back. When you're close enough they will shoryuken, continue holding back to block. Uppercut while they land, sweep them. While they are on the ground hold medium punch and medium kick so that when they stand up, they get knocked out. Just before they faint on their face, either perform a special attack, or stron sweep again.

Hold forward against their fallen body, and just as they stand up, press low punch, and low kick for a throw. Wash rinse repeat.

Of course, always be mindful of their meters. You know the instant they have a super available, they'll spam it.
That's the way.

How I hate the bolded part.
I seems to be unable to do a counter online when knocked out.

Bizzyb

Banned
Haziqonfire said:

Same here, except I won. I was at the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington DC. I think big events are going to be the place to get streetpass hits.

Effect

InfectedZero said:
Please explain this Auto Block BULLSHIT, because I play randoms online that absorb every hit with a blue ghosting and its pissing me off. I didnt know there was an option to turn it on, I thought they were just all pro or something.

EDIT: OHHHHHHHH Well now that is some cheap shit, I never scrolled all the way to the bottom of the screen in the controls. Wow, thats stupid.

The auto block is interesting. When you have people that spam attacks over and over again it works for the most part. However if both have it on it sort of turns the match into some weird tactical game. It comes down I think to breaking the block or attacking when the other person attacks and who can follow up that clash the fastest to get hits in. Haven't done it enough though and I'll admit to being one that turns it on. I play with it off and on during Arcade though. It slows battles down I think.

Pushing back from an attack just doesn't work for me. I can't simply react fast enough. I'd much rather have an actual block button and perhaps block stamina so you can only do it for so long so one can't do it the entire match.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Finally got back to 3000+ PP after losing 1000 PP when my connection cut out a week or so ago. It's been much, much easier to rack up large amounts of BP/PP in SSF4 3D compared to the console versions. I think I'm at 14 hours of play time total and have now hit that amount of PP twice.

Playing the 3DS version has also screwed me up when I go back and play the console versions...I usually play with a fight pad, and have been finding myself trying to hit triggers instead of the face buttons, and just generally being "off" when inputting moves. o_O Playing DBJopseh for a while helped to snap me out of that though!

InfectedZero said:
Please explain this Auto Block BULLSHIT, because I play randoms online that absorb every hit with a blue ghosting and its pissing me off. I didnt know there was an option to turn it on, I thought they were just all pro or something.

EDIT: OHHHHHHHH Well now that is some cheap shit, I never scrolled all the way to the bottom of the screen in the controls. Wow, thats stupid.

LOL, I was wondering what that blue flash was myself. Only encountered it once or twice.

kinggroin

Banned
AceBandage said:
It's an excellent port with a great net code.
Unless you're planning on doing tournies or something, you can't go wrong.

Speaking of which, we reeeeaaally need to do a tourney. Anyone up for setting it up?

The Hermit

jlevel13 said:
If you were going to buy something just to play SSFIV, I'd buy a 360/ps3 (it's not like the 3DS is really cheaper). While the port to 3DS is basically fine (and fun), you do lose out with the smaller screen, control compomise, unstable/lower framerate, no replay channel and more. Online is serviceable, but it seems like there are still many more people playing on 360, where I'm usually in a game in 5 seconds or less, while on 3DS it can be a wait (possible because the player base is broken up between the two different control schemes). Portability is nice though.

Well, here in Brazil things aren't as cheap as in, well, everywhere else in the world, regarding videogames. Also I have a single TV at home and my parents use it every single minute they are around... so I can't even play some VC games on my Wii.

Anyway, I decided to buy it, even if there's a PC version it´ll take at least 3 months before it launches.

Soon you will all have another noob online to be smashed.

Chairhome

Finally started winning matches once I put skill level to SAME rather than ANY. Slowly building my W/L Record back up. I love the internet play on here.

I have lost so many games in a row, but I don't understand why. I don't feel like I'm a bad player, it just seems to me that I play people who all know what the fuck they're doing. I'm playing pro on same skill, so I'm not really sure. It could be that maybe I'm not that good.

Either way, I'm having a really hard time blocking low attacks, but not while standing up. I'm not sure if I'm not holding down and back or just holding down. I keep getting people who will jump kick/punch, then continue to crouch attack, and it's somewhat of a cycle. If only I can get this bullshit blocking down maybe I can start winning!

Boney

Banned
StickSoldier said:
I have lost so many games in a row, but I don't understand why. I don't feel like I'm a bad player, it just seems to me that I play people who all know what the fuck they're doing. I'm playing pro on same skill, so I'm not really sure. It could be that maybe I'm not that good.

Either way, I'm having a really hard time blocking low attacks, but not while standing up. I'm not sure if I'm not holding down and back or just holding down. I keep getting people who will jump kick/punch, then continue to crouch attack, and it's somewhat of a cycle. If only I can get this bullshit blocking down maybe I can start winning!
Are you trying to hit them while they're rushing? That'll interrupt your block.

Chorazin

StickSoldier said:

Are you using the D-Pad or the Circle Pad? I had a hell of a time blocking correctly with the Circle Pad, which is why I finally forced myself to play using the D-Pad.

Boney said:
Are you trying to hit them while they're rushing? That'll interrupt your block.
Nah, once I realize that they're gonna be doing that sort of combo, I try to play a little more defensive, but it just feels like the blocks aren't registering.

Chorazin said:
Are you using the D-Pad or the Circle Pad? I had a hell of a time blocking correctly with the Circle Pad, which is why I finally forced myself to play using the D-Pad.
Well damn, I do use the circle pad, so that's most likely causing the problem :(. I'm going to test it out with a D-Pad later today, and see how I do blocking. I just really hate the feeling of the d-pad when I'm trying to do moves. Guess I need to go into training mode, and just practice for awhile to get a hang of it.

Thanks guys.

Chorazin

StickSoldier said:
Well damn, I do use the circle pad, so that's most likely causing the problem :(. I'm going to test it out with a D-Pad later today, and see how I do blocking. I just really hate the feeling of the d-pad when I'm trying to do moves. Guess I need to go into training mode, and just practice for awhile to get a hang of it.

Thanks guys.

Yeah....the circle pad blows for SSFIV. It feels like it's waaaaay too picky about when you have down-back instead of just down.

You're gonna have to have a sore thumb and hands for a few days while you make the adjustment. Sorry man!

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Fuck me this game rocks on the go!
Finally gave Juri a shot.
Despite her slow slaunter, she's amazing!

deleted

ignore if old:

It seems that SSFIV3D is the first 3DS million seller (shipped).

Capcom Co., Ltd. gibt in einer Pressemitteilung bekannt, dass sich Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition seit dem Release des 3DS weltweit rund 1 Millionen mal verkauft hat.
Das Game wurde in Japan am 26.Februar 2011 veröffentlicht und ist damit das Meistverkaufte Spiel seit dem 3DS Ralease.

link: http://www.consolewars.de/news/32480/super_street_fighter_iv_3d_ueber_1_millionen_mal_verkauft/

there are pictures to capcoms official statement on the site.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Good stuff. I love SSFIV3D, glad to see a lot of others picked it up as well.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Just had my first notable rage-quitter..."Adinmo," IIRC. He had 2500+ PP and was using a 3200BP Bison. Rage quit in the second round while I had a perfect going.

Top Bottom