• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter IV 3D edition |OT| Lets take this outside!

Kad5 said:
Will I like this game if I didnt like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom on the Wii?

The controls were too complicated for me.

First of all, your avatar is awesome.

The game comes with a lite mode, where moves are put on the touch screen. Meaning you can press them to get anything from a fireball to an ultra.

SSF4 is a slightly different beast compared to TvC, but if you didn't get on with TvC it may be worth giving it a miss.

For fffff sake come on, are people playing this game nothing but hadoken whoring brats? 10 challengers in a row, ken and ryu, hadoken and shoryuken spam galore.

True, I do suck at the game but holy shit, I have either the choice between Lite players spamming Guile or Pro controls only with people whoring out projectile based characters like Ryu Ken or Sagat.

I just needed to vent right now, it's way too late today to even think about playing a game that relies on reflexes.

On a lighter note, I had my first Streetpass figurine battle today. I lost *sadface* but it was still exciting to see^^

boris feinbrand said:
For fffff sake come on, are people playing this game nothing but hadoken whoring brats? 10 challengers in a row, ken and ryu, hadoken and shoryuken spam galore.

True, I do suck at the game but holy shit, I have either the choice between Lite players spamming Guile or Pro controls only with people whoring out projectile based characters like Ryu Ken or Sagat.

I just needed to vent right now, it's way too late today to even think about playing a game that relies on reflexes.

On a lighter note, I had my first Streetpass figurine battle today. I lost *sadface* but it was still exciting to see^^

Welcome to StreetFighter

Also! Whoo! Blue Notification light! I love this little device.
:D

AceBandage said:
Welcome to StreetFighter

Yeah I guess you're right. I might just stay offline from now on. I'm not good enough to compete anyway. I really forgot how much time it takes to become good at Street Fighter
Last one I owned was SSF2 Turbo. :D

Didn't get the blue notification yet but I'm expecting it soon. (i actually have the code allready, but want to get that spotpass light to come up lol)

timnich

Street Fighter newb here. Does anyone want to play online and possibly give me pointers? I'm just coming to terms with blocking but people that keep spamming hotkey moves online keep me from practicing too much lol.

Friend code is 2019-9654-4536. Thanks!

AceBandage said:
Welcome to StreetFighter

yeah that was my first(i still have 0 streetpass/spotpass) i was all psyched i got to actually use the "suspend" feature to put in a code I already put in from this thread.....it was cool none-the-less.

Blueblur1

JackFrost said:
yeah that was my first(i still have 0 streetpass/spotpass) i was all psyched i got to actually use the "suspend" feature to put in a code I already put in from this thread.....it was cool none-the-less.
lol same here

BTW, I played my first match online and beat some guy named Gabriel's Cammy. Got 89PP. :)

timnich said:
Street Fighter newb here. Does anyone want to play online and possibly give me pointers? I'm just coming to terms with blocking but people that keep spamming hotkey moves online keep me from practicing too much lol.

Friend code is 2019-9654-4536. Thanks!
Added. 3265-5080-2410

kunonabi

Posting my friend code here in case someone wants matches with a middle-of-the-road Rose.

US players only as lag as not been my friend.

2664-2108-7269

PM me if you add me

kunonabi said:
Posting my friend code here in case someone wants matches with a middle-of-the-road Rose.

US players only as lag as not been my friend.

2664-2108-7269

PM me if you add me

GGs I'm impressed you can map those combos so well on the 3DS. I'm still in a transition period with my chun. I'll get you next time. :p

I have been playing this game quite a lot and I have gotten used to the dpad still cant do fadc but I am doing alright online. I am actually winning more on the 3ds than I did on the console version. But I am surprised some players still rage-quit on the 3ds.

This is perhaps my first Street Fighter game, and I find it very difficult to string together combos. I'm spoiled by more intuitive (easier) combat systems. :(

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could give me tips for moves like Vega's "Rolling Crystal Flash", because it feels like I can successfully pull it off 9/10 times (unless I use the touch screen quick-move). I've tried holding back both briefly and after waiting more than a second, but I just can't pull it off, and I don't know why.

Hold Back on the dpad for at least 2 seconds, slide your thumb quickly/smoothly to forward and pressing punch button at the same time.

Cloudius12 said:
Hold Back on the dpad for at least 2 seconds, slide your thumb quickly/smoothly to forward and pressing punch button at the same time.
Thanks! That did the trick. As long as he takes at least 3 steps backwards, then it can be pulled off easily. I was wondering what I was doing wrong.

Best player I've run into is 'Gamer-X' who is an Adon player. He uses pro mode only and is really good with him. Great footsies and spacing.

I just ran into a good Balrog as well but I ended up losing the first then beat him with my Cody. He switched to Sakura and I switched to Fuerte and won easily.

Good games :D Still sitting at around 2520 PP. Cody is coming close to 5000 BP.

Medalion

Banned
I just got a notification from Capcom for a free figurine with a code, still aint tried it... Not to sure about these figurine fighters

Pepboy

Picked this up the other day, my first version of SF IV. Is there anything to "unlock" in the 3DS version? I'm finding it hard to get a sense of progress and fear getting bored quickly.

radcliff

Question: I was watching some videos of Chun Li combos and I saw her perform what I like to call her "Spinning Dragon Kick." Not the Spinning Bird Kick, but her vertical upwards spiral kick. However, I have no idea how to do it, nor is it listed in her command list. How do you perform this move?

Ashkeloth

Pepboy said:
Picked this up the other day, my first version of SF IV. Is there anything to "unlock" in the 3DS version? I'm finding it hard to get a sense of progress and fear getting bored quickly.

Nothing that's really unlockable except for titles and icons for your profile which you get by fulfilling various conditions such as "Beat Arcade Mode with x Character" or "Beat Arcade Mode on Very Hard with x Character". There's also the trial (challenge?) mode which you can attempt to perform certain combos to unlock more... you guessed it, titles and icons. This game really is a multiplayer focused game.

radcliff said:
Question: I was watching some videos of Chun Li combos and I saw her perform what I like to call her "Spinning Dragon Kick." Not the Spinning Bird Kick, but her vertical upwards spiral kick. However, I have no idea how to do it, nor is it listed in her command list. How do you perform this move?

IIRC from the console versions, it's backwards and medium kick, medium kick, down up medium kick all in one three hit series.

Found it. It's listed in this guide as her "Target Combo"

Magnus

My play style is a little too physically....active/violent to keep my hands, neck, head and eyes all zoned into the 3D sweet spot for a fighting game. That + the controls make this feel so unplayable. :(

I'm gonna keep giving it a try.

evangd007

Cloudius12 said:

Follow-up: how do you combo into charge attacks, like in Chun-Li's challenge 10 (jump HK, crouch HP, Medium Bird Kick)?

Ashkeloth

evangd007 said:
Follow-up: how do you combo into charge attacks, like in Chun-Li's challenge 10 (jump HK, crouch HP, Medium Bird Kick)?

Hit up-forward to jump, and slide your finger to down-back whilst in midair (or just down in this case works fine, too) to charge and hit heavy kick, hit your crouching high punch when you land, and then slide to up and hit medium kick to combo it into medium Spinning Bird Kick.

It sounds more complicated than it is, but it will destroy your thumb and annoy you until you get used to it.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Personally, I don't have any problems with the controls or doing combos... save the dreaded 3 button ultra inputs. Sadly, the timing on pressing 2 face buttons + a shoulder button seems inherently imprecise no matter how you hold the system. But it's an unavoidable problem.

I rely on the 3xp or k touch panes like most, but do wish there was an alternate shortcut that was programmable. For example, have EX moves activated by LP+MP (instead of any two of the 3 buttons) and Ultras activated by MP+HP. It's much easier to push two buttons perfectly than all three.

Necromanti said:
Thanks! That did the trick. As long as he takes at least 3 steps backwards, then it can be pulled off easily. I was wondering what I was doing wrong.
Also you can hold Up+Back or Down+Back, or combination of the 2 as long as you are holding back.

Ashkeloth said:
Hit up-forward to jump, and slide your finger to down-back whilst in midair (or just down in this case works fine, too) to charge and hit heavy kick, hit your crouching high punch when you land, and then slide to up and hit medium kick to combo it into medium Spinning Bird Kick.
Another note to add, its that you are only allowed to cancel into Spinning Bird Kick on the first hit of Chun-li's crouching HP.

Chorazin

Magnus said:
My play style is a little too physically....active/violent to keep my hands, neck, head and eyes all zoned into the 3D sweet spot for a fighting game. That + the controls make this feel so unplayable. :(

I'm gonna keep giving it a try.

Just turn off the 3D effect then. It's not necessary to play it in 3D or anything, it just makes it look a ton cooler.

Pepboy

Ashkeloth said:
Nothing that's really unlockable except for titles and icons for your profile which you get by fulfilling various conditions such as "Beat Arcade Mode with x Character" or "Beat Arcade Mode on Very Hard with x Character". There's also the trial (challenge?) mode which you can attempt to perform certain combos to unlock more... you guessed it, titles and icons. This game really is a multiplayer focused game.

Okay thanks for the reply! I guess I'll play it for a little while longer and try trading with someone else as I'm not that into the multiplayer scene.

kinggroin

Banned
Im having an absolute ball online with this game! I especially love the shortcut spammers and folks who choose ryu /ken/sagat to do it with. They seemingly have no idea how to react to someone that counters those moves. Some even rage quite, lol. Hopefully the game still has an active online community when we finally get messaging and/or game invites.

Finally decided to use Sagat after remembering that this isn't Vanilla Street Fighter IV and I won't get blasted for picking some SSS+ tier character. Tiger Knee is so fun if you space it properly. -1 frame on block so nothing can really punish it :D. I need to work on my fireball spam though.

edit: Knowing me I'll get tired of him. I always have this problem with fighting games where I can never main a specific character and just hop from one to the next.

Glass Joe

A couple questions (forgive me if they've been asked).

1) How the heck do you block or avoid Akuma's Super/Ultras (the ones where the screen goes black)?

2) When playing online (with THIS game), I frequently encounter an error code (006-0612). However, this doesn't happen all the time and the battles I do get are usually smooth-ish. Is it a problem with my Wi-fi? A problem with others' Wifi? Maybe a problem with my 3DS itself? Anyone know what causes this or what to do?

Glass Joe said:

1) How the heck do you block or avoid Akuma's Super/Ultras (the ones where the screen goes black)?

Jump. Input the jump motion during the super/ultra flash (where the screen freezes) and it should come out right after play resumes.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Glass Joe said:

It's a grab so you have to avoid it, typically by jumping over or back. It can also be stuffed by a fireball if you shoot it late enough...

Typically these are very easy to avoid, and my favorite is just to jump over them and punish with an Ultra yourself or a nice combo.

Glass Joe

Adam Prime said:
It's a grab so you have to avoid it, typically by jumping over or back. It can also be stuffed by a fireball if you shoot it late enough...

Typically these are very easy to avoid, and my favorite is just to jump over them and punish with an Ultra yourself or a nice combo.

Ah thanks Adam Prime and Obsessed. I played a little (not a lot) regular SF4 on the 360 and I remember being annoyed when I went online because of the Akuma players. Now I know. I guess it was a matter of not knowing what to do because the screen goes dark.

Celine

Just met the strongest fighter I ever fought on SSF43DE.
It's a guy named Hiryu999.
My 2.5K Honda was blown away by his 3.5K + Blanka.
We had a dozen matches and he won every single one of them.
The best I could do was winning a couple rounds :-\.

Very tight defense, an annoying air combo hard to parry due to Blanka kicking behind my character back ( and beginning a dangerous combo) mixed with the sliding attack that has a really long range and is very fast for Blanka.

A couple of tiers ahead of me but I wanted nonetheless fight him as much as I could in fact the session was over only because the connection froze.

Wherever you are thanks for playing mate.

blitz64

I wish there was a way to connect my TE fightstick to this. I hate using the small dpad or the analag circle.

I do win alot more online than 360 so atleast I'm having more fun.

I've never played the console versions, and I'm really enjoying this.

It seems as though the touch screen buttons make the game for more smash bros.-like which is certainly my preference over learning button combos.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
civilstrife said:
I've never played the console versions, and I'm really enjoying this.

It seems as though the touch screen buttons make the game for more smash bros.-like which is certainly my preference over learning button combos.
I play in pro mode, and even there the touchscreen is a blessing. The 2 right panels are so easily accessible by the thumb, it is as if they were real buttons.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Even as a "lite" player myself, the hadouken spammers online are pissing me off. Cant really see how thats fun for them.

Top Bottom