• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter IV 3D edition |OT| Lets take this outside!

Lyte Edge said:
OK, got my system and immediately tried SSF4 online.

Match number one was incredibly laggy. We didn't even get to finish the match before it disconnected. But even then, I was able to get moves off.

The second match I tried was perfect...no noticeable lag. The game going at 30fps was instantly-noticeable, but I found that it was not a problem and I was still able to pull everything off I would normally do on the console versions.

So while it going at 30fps online is still a disappointment, I can definitely deal with it. :)

I just played Lyte Edge..

I searched for people playing 60FPS games :)

And Lyte was the only lobby hahha

I was PezRadar. The Cody Player :)

BY2K

Membero Americo
I am stunned by the game. I knew it looked good, but seeing it on the 3DS' screen wow'ed me. It's just like the console version but with static backgrounds and slightly downgraded effects.

And no lag at all while playing online.

Bravo, Capcom.

_dementia said:
That's encouraging to hear. Thanks for the impressions. I presume connection will vary, but as long as both players are relatively close the game will still be quite playable despite the frame rate halving.
When I bought te JP version, there were very few matches with JP folk that lagged a lot. Most of the time it was butter smooth.

Sanic

I played this for a bit at Gamestop yesterday. While i'm not really a fan of fighting games outside of the occasional local match with friends, I found SSFIV to be incredibly polished, so I may pick that up as my next game.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
_dementia said:
That's encouraging to hear. Thanks for the impressions. I presume connection will vary, but as long as both players are relatively close the game will still be quite playable despite the frame rate halving.

It's definitely a connections-will-vary deal. And unfortunately, there is no way to tell how good the connection is going to be until the match starts. I'm using 802.11n for my 3DS, and I suspect the smooth matches I've had were against people using the same.

I got absolutely destroyed by a really good Cody player, too...had a hard time getting my Ultra and some EX moves off when I needed to. It's definitely going to take a bit of time to adjust to the controls.

EDIT: LOL, it was Turtlesnatcher!

Lyte Edge said:
It's definitely a connections-will-vary deal. And unfortunately, there is no way to tell how good the connection is going to be until the match starts. I'm using 802.11n for my 3DS, and I suspect the smooth matches I've had were against people using the same.

I got absolutely destroyed by a really good Cody player, too...had a hard time getting my Ultra off when I needed to. It's definitely going to take a bit of time to adjust to the controls.
That was me..

Read up. LOL

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=26743750&postcount=152

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
TurtleSnatcher said:
That was me..

Read up. LOL

Yeah, I saw...awesome! I don't think that was 60FPS though. Maybe I'm wrong.

It might explain why so few people are available though...people probably aren't turning the 3D setting off. :/

Lyte Edge said:
Yeah, I saw...awesome! I don't think that was 60FPS though. Maybe I'm wrong.

It might explain why so few people are available though...people probably aren't turning the 3D setting off. :/
It was one of the better matches ive had in terms of frame rate.

I don't use the 3D.. :)

jgwhiteus

Used my $25 game credit at Amazon to pick this up - this will be the first fighting game I've purchased since Street Fighter II for the SNES, I think. Combination of not too many games being available at launch and seeing so many positive impressions about this - looking forward to it.

Eteric Rice

One thing I really like about this, is when you go out of 3D mode, anti-aliasing kicks in.

Good job, Capcom. Other companies please take note. :O

BY2K said:
I am stunned by the game. I knew it looked good, but seeing it on the 3DS' screen wow'ed me. It's just like the console version but with static backgrounds and slightly downgraded effects.

And no lag at all while playing online.

Bravo, Capcom.

this game is pretty amazing, but i physically can't play it. hurts my hands too much :(

Rich!

Just tried switching 3D off on the menu and then playing a game in 60fps.

Woah. It's awesome. I'm really conflicted now - the 3D effect is superb, but it's 30fps. The graphics are less impressive in 2D mode, but the game is as silky smooth as my PC version of SFIV.

ahhhhh

Ashler

Have been playing this on-line since Thursday non-stop. I'm in awe of how good this game is and plays on the 3DS.

Best launch game for the 3DS, without a doubt.

XTERC

The game looks great, but it is impossible to play in 3D. Rapidly pressing the button causes the screen to jump around a bit and the 3D effect jumps in and out as I'm affecting the angle, you start to see double, and the brightness goes up and down.

The game is better in '2D' anyway.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Playing in "sideways 3D" made my eyes/head hurt. Hopefully I don't have any problems with my sight, I started freaking out and everything

Normal 3D was fine tho

jlevel13

Anarchistry said:
I'm almost completely new at this series. Is there any sort of resource I can use to get better?

There are a ton.

Built into the game, you can start with the challenge mode that has you do a character's basic moves and combos. Learn those normals, supers and ultras and a few combos. Use practice mode to get comfortable.

Search youtube for guide and/or strategy videos.

There's also a SSFIV guide book still in print.

If you're looking for more detailed / specific info - the shoryuken SSFIV forums are probaly the place to look and find answers...

http://shoryuken.com/f315/

tass0 said:
It's true, unfortunately.

It's quite disappointing, but I learned to live with it, I'm really enjoying the game so far.

It's actually more like 20-25 FPS.

Those dips are not really framerate dips. It's just online lag.

Is it just me or are most people playing this game online just total ass? I am a bad to average SF4 player and most of the people I am playing against are just getting bodied.

I'm playing Fei Long, anyone think it would be a better idea to put the light attacks as L and R and then medium and heavy as the face buttons? I guess the only weird thing with that would be throwing, but I don't think that would be much of a problem...

K701

Banned
darkressurection said:
Is it just me or are most people playing this game online just total ass? I am a bad to average SF4 player and most of the people I am playing against are just getting bodied.

add me: 0645-5757-3675

Zomba13

Nuclear Muffin said:
Those dips are not really framerate dips. It's just online lag.
Yeah. I've not had any frame rate drops offline (solid 30 with 3D on and solid 60 with 3D off) but there has been slowdown in online matches.

Up to like 1400PP just fooling around with some characters..

Then again I play a lot of SSF4.. Ran into a few good people. The annoying ones are the 'Lite' mode people who use charge chars. I need to stop using Quick Match and start using 'Custom Match' with my prefaces set.

EDIT: I use the Dpad. The analog nub is terrible for street fighter 3ds I personally think. It mainly has to do with how far you have to make your motions cause the nub looks deceivingly small but there is a large circle of motion below the actual nub.

Anarchistry

jlevel13 said:
There are a ton.

Built into the game, you can start with the challenge mode that has you do a character's basic moves and combos. Learn those normals, supers and ultras and a few combos. Use practice mode to get comfortable.

Search youtube for guide and/or strategy videos.

There's also a SSFIV guide book still in print.

If you're looking for more detailed / specific info - the shoryuken SSFIV forums are probaly the place to look and find answers...

http://shoryuken.com/f315/
I appreciate your help :)

Skilletor

wonderfuldays said:
You do now there is Lite mode on touch screen that help you not hurt your thumbs too much right? :D

Hardly the best way to do combos. You'd need 3 hands to play this way, even if Lite mode was any good.

AceBandage said:
So, I set it to find Online matches automatically in Arcade mode...
I couldn't do a single Arcade fight!
Geeze...
Ha, that's what happened to me :)

When I had the 360 version and did the same thing, I could at least play a match or two before being challenged, today I barely start a match and a new challenger appears......I like it :)

Platy

Eteric Rice said:
I just realized something.

Power Stone would work amazingly well on any game system ever invented.

Fixed

More 3ds for the 3d and wii for the non traditional fighting game userbase, but any game system works

gimz

if you set to allow player to join your game thru internet, its nearly impossible to finish one round on arcade mode

It's a great port and everything but I just can't play it. I was happy when I heard the dpad was clicky so I was thinking of a CVS on NGPC experience but it's not to be: the d-pad is too small and slippery and the slide pad thing has no centering. I played for over an hour, offline and online and I just can't go for a casual Street Fighter experience any more after investing so much time into getting shit down on the console version. Still looking forward to DOA though.

Top Bottom