• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl/Flash crossover episode to air in March

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only watched the first couple episodes of Gotham. Do they have a outline with where they want to go? Are they going to jump ahead in a new season and we will finally get Batman back on TV?

These crossovers could be amazing and boost ratings for all the networks involved.

EDIT: Just searched and found this...

"The last frame of the last shot of the last scene of the last episode of Gotham, whatever season that may be, is Bruce putting on that cape."

Well that sucks.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm a bit sick to process this, but I'm happy. Parallel worlds etc.

A green rock in a yet to be aired episode means nothing. The stuff you guys take as confirmation for Batman and Superman is nothing more than the writers breaking the 4th wall and having some fun, giving the viewers a *wink wink nudge nudge*
Batman, Superman, and the bunch do not exist in the Arrowverse

StaticJam is right, you guys are reading way too much into little Easter eggs for fans. The CWverse isn't showing the big guys anytime soon and has no reason to make them big cogs, even Supergirl tip toes around Superman. Some weird shit went on in the Arrowverse for a while but Flash is the first prominent meta and Arrow the first prominent... vigilante?

Also it's not Kryptonite, they show the name of the gem in the first trailer.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Time to watch supergirl.

I hope they find a way to make Supergirl part of the Arrowverse. Don't give a fuck, come up with a lame excuse just make it happen.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
But then there are two different Toymans.... This some alternate earf shit right?

Mark Hammill Toyman > guy from Brewster's Millions/ 7th Heaven Toyman.

munchie64

They made it sound like this wasn't gonna happen anytime soon when Supergirl started. Not complaining though, that's awesome.

Dcube

Awesome news, both great shows. Perhaps a bit overly dramatic at times but both shows manage to consistently give me a huge nerd grin on my face that keeps me watching.

I'm a bit sick to process this, but I'm happy. Parallel worlds etc.

StaticJam is right, you guys are reading way too much into little Easter eggs for fans. The CWverse isn't showing the big guys anytime soon and has no reason to make them big cogs, even Supergirl tip toes around Superman. Some weird shit went on in the Arrowverse for a while but Flash is the first prominent meta and Arrow the first prominent... vigilante?

Also it's not Kryptonite, they show the name of the gem in the first trailer.

DC LoT trailer "I've seen Men of Steel die and Dark Knights fall" that sure sounds like Batman and Superman exist at some point. Supergirl could be direct confirmation of superman and
Manhunter
depending on context.

Ricker

Awesome...wonder if its going to be a common villain they will start to build in February,Time travel,Earth 3 or something lol...? how about a nice race also for fun ;)

Looking forward to it.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OH MY GOD YESSSSSSSSSSS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Golden age of television continues to be golden awwww yeaaaaahhhh

The-Flash-and-Supergirl.jpg

We're in the Golden Age of superhero TV and movies. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts ;_;
Anyone has the link to this photoshoot?

Skux

Considering the ratings for Supergirl are higher than the Flash has ever had, and that Supergirl is one of CBS' highest rated shows, I highly doubt the cynics saying that the sole reason they're doing a Flash crossover is to try to "save" Supergirl.

Yes it's for publicity, but it's publicity for both shows and the DC brand as a whole. I wouldn't be surprised to see a BvS or Wonder Woman teaser thrown as well and making a whole event out of it, like they did with "DC Week".

Maddocks

Time for CBS to up that budget because their effects are sometimes garbage. Need to make sure the flash looks good running. From the release it seems it's only a one sided thing and not a two parter. Flash shows up, says hello to Supergirl, gets captured by the DEO and then gives Supergirl a life lesson on trusting family and team mates and then leaves.

lol @ using the flash to prop up this show

well, i guess that's one way to try and get attention after the first few episodes drove off so many people (critically speaking obvs)

you're doing an ass pull. Supergirl's ratings are very good.

AGITΩ;194158739 said:
I never watched passed the Pilot....does it stop being with the whole "A GIRL SUPERHERO? WHAT?" every other scene?

yes it does.

You know what'd actually be really great?

If all of this stuff was set in the same universe!

you know what else is cool? DC has a multiverse, it can be together or its own thing as needed.

Naming it World's Finest? Kreisberg doing what DCant

hypeeeeee

glad it's not the finale but I didn't think it would be anyway

WORLDS, no apostrophe, hinting that Supergirl is from another Earth. Earth 3 or 4 or something.

anaron

you're doing an ass pull. Supergirl's ratings are very good.

yes it does.

you know what else is cool? DC has a multiverse, it can be together or its own thing as needed.

WORLDS, no apostrophe, hinting that Supergirl is from another Earth. Earth 3 or 4 or something.

well yeah, but sweet! I like that even more

Ophelion

Should be a fun episode though. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that they race at some point.

Well, I mean, that is the tradition between the Super and Flash families.

A race around the world for charity! Supervillains show up, the world becomes imperiled! At the end, everyone gets pizza!

I'm going to enjoy seeing the two moral center characters meet up. They're going to be saccharine and sentimental in just the best way.

well yeah, but sweet! I like that even more

well maybe not Earth-3, Earth-3 is the one where all the heroes are villains. the Cryme Syndicate of America. Ultraman,(superman) Owl Man,(batman) Superwoman,(wonder woman) Johnny Quick is their version of the Flash and he's a Heroin addict.

jrush64

Banned
Wow this was announced yesterday and I didn't even know.

Anyway nooice!!! So effin glad. I hope it means Kara is able to meet Ollie at some point in time.

rjinaz

Well this is awesome. 3 of my favorite shows on tv going to be officially connected. LoT could be 4 but still not sure if I'm feeling it yet.

santi_yo

Quick Photoshop Edit:

yTUn69Q.png

Yep, that's Barry.

EDIT: I don't know if the rest of the cast is spoiler. Besides Gustin I can't see shit.

Neoxon

Does anything in Supergirl conflict with Flash/Arrow continuity? They were able to fit Constantine into Flarrowverse canon rather seemlessly. CW & CBS may not need to relegate Supergirl to another Earth.

Mariolee

Does anything in Supergirl conflict with Flash/Arrow continuity? They were able to fit Constantine into Flarrowverse canon rather seemlessly. CW & CBS may not need to relegate Supergirl to another Earth.

Superman explicitly being the only superhero aside from Supergirl in the Supergirl show.

LionPride

Banned

Superman and Supergirl existing, it's the main reason people think the crossover will take place on an alternate Earth than Arrowverse Earth

Neoxon

Superman and Supergirl existing, it's the main reason people think the crossover will take place on an alternate Earth than Arrowverse Earth
Superman was already referenced by Rip Hunter. Batman was also referenced in both the future newspaper & by Rip Hunter. We know Superman exists in the Flarrowverse.

Whoa awesome! Now I need to go back to watching Supergirl.

How's the first season been so far? I didn't think what I saw was bad, just that the first few episodes didn't really catch my attention.

Pretty bad, people got more forgiving once a certain character was revealed, but the fights are just terrible and the story is like the writers haven't learned anything from other superhero shows that have raised the bar consirably.

Superman not showing up when he clearly needs to show up is also really stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom