• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenoboy

My god, this episode... The wait for Flash is even worse now :/
In other news, MM just straight up wrecking Kara in the end there. Poor MM in jail now.
We need him to say the world needs Supergirl, but I want Kara :3

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Saw this on Twitter

CdmMYVmUMAAYayR.jpg:large

Toa TAK

Banned
Hot DAMN, I love this fucking episode so much. I completely forgot about what this episode was going to be about after the break, so after I realized there really wasn't a villain this week (in the vein of Livewire and such) I was all in. Red K Kara is the best. Dishing out the harsh truth is always the best to see. She owned it and it was awesome to see her unleashed.

Also:

-Winn finally winning.
-Get over Lane, Jimmy. Come on brooo.
-Grant base jumped Kilimanjaro? I need a series on her life only.

It's going to be interesting to see how long it'll take for her to win back the trust of the city, but the episode being a lot more introspective was what made it great.

NO, noooooo

eV6J4zG.gif

Lso7Hhe.png

YES.

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Where the hell are the John and Kara fighting gifs?

WHERE?

Listening to Fat Man on Batman. Kevin Smith is hinting at stuff he's heard about Supergirl's next season, saying
cool Multiverse stuff
next season. Could this be
more crossovers, or something confined to just Supergirl like bringing in Ultraman or Powergirl?

strafer

Listening to Fat Man on Batman. Kevin Smith is hinting at stuff he's heard about Supergirl's next season, saying
cool Multiverse stuff
next season. Could this be
more crossovers, or something confined to just Supergirl like bringing in Ultraman or Powergirl?

DCU YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEAAAAAH

Toa TAK

Banned
I didn't post any before because the framerate on mine are a little eh...but

2vtIN9w.gif

XanCj7s.gif

Temped to buy the ep just so I can gif it.

Best fights on the show so far (though that's not saying much at all).

Hopefully season 2 has a bigger budget for THE FIGHTS.

Lokimaru

With MM in jail they could turn this into an immigration issue since DC earth normally has hundreds of Aliens living there the majority of which are peaceful hardworking citizens looking for a place to call home.

That's one of things I always loved about DC over Marvel is that DC doesn't have all the HATE that Marvel does.

Setsuna

Temped to buy the ep just so I can gif it.

Best fights on the show so far (though that's not saying much at all).

Hopefully season 2 has a bigger budget for THE FIGHTS.

I think its mostly execution that's the issue. rather than budget

No one has said "Heat vision looks so bad" and thats used almost every episode multiple times

NaviLink

When I saw it was a red K episode, I had bad memories of Smallville coming back... They handled it better, it was a great episode. It sets up a lot of changes in a small amount of time. And Benoist kills it.

Not buying it in a world with Superman. Those sorts of fears would have long grown tired.

Aside from Maxwell Lord (who for some reason only started caring about 'Alien threat' when Supergirl turned up) there has been no anti-Supergirl worry on the show at all. The show didn't build up any such fear, so the sudden turn of the public is not believable. Especially the kid, no way the kid was worried Supergirl might turn bad or immediatly believed it.

yeah but most people dont pay attention to the world around them, all they see is what's in front of them. all they'll remember is Supergirl tearing up downtown and using heat vision on cops.

Toa TAK

Banned
Let's not get crazy now. Red K Kara is not the kind you want to be around for more than a couple minutes at a time.

Regular Supergirl 4 lyfe.

This is your regular reminder that the entire Silver Age Superman line was basically a few members of DC editorial working out their deep-seated psychological issues through published comics.

Toa TAK

Banned
This is your regular reminder that the entire Silver Age Superman line was basically a few members of DC editorial working out their deep-seated psychological issues through published comics.

Well as long as it didn't get to Super incest, how bad could it have been?

Well as long as it didn't get to Super incest, how bad could it have been?

Do you not see the Super-Beastiality panel up there?

Besides, there's like a whole bunch of shit out there. Look at his ridiculously dysfunctional relationship with Lois or the time he developed the power to create a tiny version of himself with all his powers but his jealousy of it led to him sending it to stop a kryptonite meteor. How fucking Freudian is that?

Mariolee

If Flash tears you up, you'll be bawling along with this episode.

Watched it.

You weren't wrong. I was tearing up when Kara started breaking down. Definitely sold the impact of her actions. I don't remember feeling this way when Tom Welling was Supes. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom