• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gave the Supergirl/Flash episode a try.
200.gif

Yeah not sure about Supergirl the first 3 episodes I tried it and not sure about it now. Did like Barry and Kara chemistry but everything else really too cringey.

It was a pretty bad episode in general. It's like judging The Flash by the Arrow crossover this season.

If you have time, give the show a proper try, as it picks up around episode 7. If not, then that's okay, too. It's definitely not a must see show.

I liked the episode! Definitely not a great episode, but I was charmed by Barry and Kara being utter dorks together. Effects were a bit iffy, its clear that the special effects might not have been so used to showing someone actually doing super-speed minus the blur and lightning effect of when Barry is generally seen on screen moving around.

I did like the small moment with Cat saying they should let her live because her sons needed a mother. A small, but notable moment of how she's less selfish than she initially was.

On one hand, it was neat they tried going for a near comic image homage for Silver Banshee but the make-up appeared kind of odd at some points. Livewire effects are still surprisingly great.

Also Cat figuring out who Barry was in less than a day (it really weirded me out that this whole episode happened in the same day) makes me wonder if she knows Kara is Supergirl but has decided to not comment about it yet. Can't pull that Martian shit again, Kara.

Some of the ideas in the episode were great, but it kinda sucks Barry loses so quickly .
To be fair the same often happens in his own damn show.

Also isn't Kara like y'know, the Girl of Steel? Why is it that one punch from Banshee sent her flying then? She could have crippled her with that punch if she wanted.

Toa TAK

Banned
Also Cat figuring out who Barry was in less than a day (it really weirded me out that this whole episode happened in the same day) makes me wonder if she knows Kara is Supergirl but has decided to not comment about it yet. Can't pull that Martian shit again, Kara.

They should've just stuck with it the first time. Would've made both characters a lot more interesting in regard to their relationship.

Joni

To be fair the same often happens in his own damn show.

Also isn't Kara like y'know, the Girl of Steel? Why is it that one punch from Banshee sent her flying then? She could have crippled her with that punch if she wanted.
The strength of the Banshee if that is a thing. She was caught of guard.

IconGrist

Super strength given to her through a curse.

Magic.

My point is a character just being magic doesn't automatically explain why they got the drop on a Kryptonian. However they got super strength is irrelevant. It's super strength and that's how Banshee knocked her out.

Toa TAK

Banned
My point is a character just being magic doesn't automatically explain why they got the drop on a Kryptonian. However they got super strength is irrelevant. It's super strength and that's how Banshee knocked her out.

"Magic" literally explains it all.

Wonderful episode, only negative I'd say is that it really illustrated the shows biggest problem, villains, especially with Grant and Melissa somehow being more more likable and charismatic than ever squaring off against these two cookie cutter baddies.

Also, I really enjoyed BvS but that cheesy scene with the people helping Kara was so perfect in terms of understanding the Superman/girl mythos, I'm OK with what the movies are doing but it's sad that a badly directed scene on TV can get to the heart of the characters in a way the movies can't.

The degree to which magic bypasses Superman's toughness varies. Sometimes, just having a magical source is enough to bypass his defense, so magical superstrength works while regular doesn't. Other times, though, the attack has to be WHOLLY magical. So it's wouldn't be enough for Banshee's screech to be magically generated, it'd have to be magical all the way down.

Looks like they went with the former here, though.

Sober

They should've just stuck with it the first time. Would've made both characters a lot more interesting in regard to their relationship.
I was gonna post about this early especially since it strongly implies if she knows Barry is the Flash, then...

Basically I think she knows but can't seem to explain the whole Kara shaking Supergirl's hand moment to really call Kara out on her shit. Otherwise Kara is still the worst when it comes to "disaster happens. Where's Kara? missing as usual while Supergirl appears."

jelly

I liked Barry, Kara etc. just hanging out but the episode was a bit underwhelming when they got down to it. Olsen has gotten really boring now. Cat Grant is just great every episode. People standing up, it's so cringe in every comic book film or show, there must be a better way to do it.

anaron

What the fuck were they thinking with that James TRASH infecting this otherwise amazing crossover?

Kara and Barry were so cute and Cat the best as usual.

Have we actually seen Supergirl using superspeed when not flying before this episode?

Also, do the DEO workers know Supergirls identity or not? Because once again she announces out load in the DEO her sisters workspace, yet Lucy Lane who runs it somehow didn't know?

Have we actually seen Supergirl using superspeed when not flying before this episode?

Also, do the DEO workers know Supergirls identity or not? Because once again she announces out load in the DEO her sisters workspace, yet Lucy Lane who runs it somehow didn't know?
Lucy found out in last weeks episode, I believe.

anaron

She was just told in the ending of the previous episode?

I know Lucy was told, but as head of DEO how did she not know? Did she do zero research into the organisation she was running? Anyone else who works there should know by now.

Joni

I suppose it is a secret that Alex, Hank and Vasquez kept off the books on purpose. If there is no trail, nobody can know. And it is not like the majority of the DEO knows who Kara Danvers is or why she matters. They would have no reason to tell Lucy as they wouldn't know Kara and Lucy have been battling for the same unimportant guy.

Volimar

I suppose it is a secret that Alex, Hank and Vasquez kept off the books on purpose. If there is no trail, nobody can know. And it is not like the majority of the DEO knows who Kara Danvers is or why she matters. They would have no reason to tell Lucy as they wouldn't know Kara and Lucy have been battling for the same unimportant guy.

Just the guards at the base and the people working the terminals so basically everybody but the night janitor knows.

Joni

Just the guards at the base and the people working the terminals so basically everybody but the night janitor knows.

They might know that she is named Kara, but there is no importance to that. For them, Kara is this:

58e1f5eaa8c286555ba968b826202a36.jpg

To the world, Kara is that. 'Kara' is only important to her friends and CatCo coworkers.

She is there interrogating DEO employees and running the show, yet never bothered to pick up a file and research who she was interrogating, at all?

Bullshit.

She wasn't running the show. She was brought in as a consultant for the other guy, who was calling the shots up until J'onn selectively mindwiped him and implanted the command to put her in charge - which was after Kara revealed herself to her.

Seriously, watch the episode again and get your facts straight.

She wasn't running the show. She was brought in as a consultant for the other guy, who was calling the shots up until J'onn selectively mindwiped him and implanted the command to put her in charge - which was after Kara revealed herself to her.

The other guy, by the way, was Jim Harper, uncle of Roy "Flipmaster" Harper, better knwon as Guardian:

ulEds.jpg

Or, since Cadmus is involved, a clone of him.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
All caught up finally. Show keeps getting better each episode. The Flash crossover was superb.

Love David Harewood too. Pleased he's MM.

Splitting hairs.

You think they wouldn't look at a file on someone they about to interrogate? Just do it blind with no info at all, when they got full access to it. Great consultant.

Joni

Supergirl will only delve into
Project Cadmus
in its second season. I assume that means no
J'onn, Dean Cain and maybe Alex
until next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom