• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
citOJy0.gif

I'm glad so many people got to check out The Flash today. I saw a bunch on twitter saying that they need to go watch the show now. I hope they're ready for that first season for The Flash.

Nobody was ready for the first season of The Flash.

Just watched it. Loved it.

I think Kara should go to the CWverse though, and see her pal around with Crisco and Caitlin.

I'm considering watching Supergirl now, mainly because of Melissa Benoist. Watching she and Grant together was just incredibly charming.

MartyStu

Re-Watched the episode.

Any scene with Livewire or Shiver Banshee is still super-cringey and hard to watch. I refuse to let that go. Both the dialogue and acting are atrocious.

The writers are also in desperate need of better choregraphy for super-powered fights.

All that said, Cat, Kara and Wynn are all treasures. I love them all so much. James...I want to like James. No. I actually like James. He is just so BOOORING.

The lame villains weren't enough to stop my enjoyment, but this episode would be even better if it had no real villains. Just Barry hanging out with Kara, stopping ordinary crime/accidents and just working on solution to get Barry home.

Succinctly put.

Toa TAK

Banned
Supergirl needs to bring in Zack Snyder just to get them to do some really cool action beats and then push him out before he gets his hands on anything else. Not even joking.

Joni

Episode would have been better if Silver Banshee appeared already last episode, and if LiveWire didn't suck.
And that looks like the plot of the first Power Rangers movie.

Paganmoon

Just got home from Batman v Superman. Have to say, this crossover episode was probably more entertaining.

And Barry was actually likeable (tought he was sort of dickish in season 1 so stopped watching the Flash).

The episode was enjoyable, despite the villains. Kara and Barry were just great together. That talk on the balcony was so enjoyable, they really have great chemistry.

All in all the episode was pretty much what I thought it would be. A rushed mess, saved by the two main leads. We had a villain origin, a prison break, a recurring villain getting out and teaming up with the new girl, Barry's introduction and establishing him and his origin in that universe, character moments, romance subplot, two fights and the whole "they'll never love me again" subplot. That's just too much for one single episode.

But like I said, I still got excited throughout the episodes. The writers obviously did the best they could, but they really should've left out one of the villains. That fight at the end was so horrible, I just couldn't stop laughing (to hide the pain from cringing).

Still so happy that we got this crossover and I hope it just paves the way for a two-parter next season.

leng jai

Terrible episode really aside from the two leads. Everything else was just bad - the fight scenes in particular were laughable. Wynn is by far a better character than James, the latter is sleep inducing most of the time.

ZeroX03

Banned
Would've been nice if it could've been a strong Supergirl episode, but that usually requires Hank, Alex or more Cat and some of the old:

my-emotions.gif

Magwik

Banned
Also regarding Kara not telling Barry about Superman, if you were her and trying to impress someone the last thing you want to do is talk about your Cousin who's better than you at everything, a worldwide icon for hope, and has cooler villains.

Would've been nice if it could've been a strong Supergirl episode, but that usually requires Hank, Alex or more Cat and some of the old:

my-emotions.gif
Besides the interactions between Barry and Kara the episode was weak for me. They've been building up that conflict between Siobhan and Kara for a couple eps, and it ended rather anti climatically. Banshee seemed Alittle wasted in the crossover

Toa TAK

Banned
Besides the interactions between Barry and Kara the episode was weak for me. They've were building up that conflict between Siobhan and Kara for a couple eps, and it ended rather anti climatically. Banshee seemed a little wasted in the crossover

I think you mean Livewire. She was da bomb in her first appearance and was reduced to nothing here.

ZeroX03

Banned
Besides the interactions between Barry and Kara the episode was weak for me. They've were building up that conflict between Siobhan and Kara for a couple eps, and it ended rather anti climatically. Banshee seemed Alittle wasted in the crossover

Oh Siobhan was definitely screwed over by the last minute change to a crossover, and probably Winn too who had to jump between enthusiasm over The Flash and despair over the girl he liked.

The original Flash/Arrow crossover remains the best, because it was planned well in advance and didn't have to set up Legends and the Hawk family. I suspect that'll be the case for next season's Supergirl/Arrowverse crossover when CBS gives them adequate advance warning. They'll need it, they can't just walk over to the other set.

I think you mean Livewire. She was da bomb in her first appearance and was reduced to nothing here.

She's the only villain of the week who really worked frankly. Great effects, cool music and an actress with presence. Compared to the other villains at least.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The villains ruined it, the girl in the cheap day of the dead cosplay especially. Overall my least favourite cross over so far. But yeah, if you haven't watched The Flash get on it, it's really great.

Kevinroc

I thought it was a fun crossover episode. I haven't really watched The Flash, but they did a decent job catching people up. I never felt lost.

Shame that J'onn was out of town, though.

The villains were a bit weak. And the ending was very "Raimi Spider-Man" with ordinary citizens helping our heroes. But it's fine. The real highlights were Barry and Kara just fanboying/fangirling around each other and connecting as superheroes.

DeathyBoy

Banned
7.1 million viewers tuned in, apparently.

I guess that confirms Oliver hitting on Kara next year and lots of 'hey, you look like my cousin' jokes to Ray.

KonradLaw

THey've turned Winn around. But he always had the role of tech genius. Olsen is there just to be the love interest.

Maybe they should make him the Lois Lane of this story and give him actual journalistic job.

ZeroX03

Banned
Other than Jimmy being Mister Perfect, the only other character trait he's really shown is being really indecisive with Lucy. And he doesn't like metahuman prisons. Winn has a bunch of quirks, good and bad that he's built up.

jrush64

Banned
I enjoyed it. It was a bit cheesy though but there's nothing wrong with a little cheese. I cant help but wonder how Felicity and Olly will react to Kara. She and Felicity will probably become best friends. Diggle will of course still not believe its possible.

PreFire

So Cisco Ramon doesn't exist, even as a doppelgänger? Nor Barry, Wells??

If the multiverse applies, they should exist. The same way there should be a planet krypton on Barry's universe. Maybe Superman is still in his Smallville stage in Barry's/Oliver's timeline, but somewhere after and before Rip Hunter's timeline he emerges (men of steel line in Legends) and becomes known as Superman.

Perhaps the roles are reversed, and Barry Allen of Kara's universe hasn't been struck by lightning yet.. And Barry searched for Cisco when his name is Francisco? Lol interdimensional travel

Sölf

If the multiverse applies, they should exist. The same way there should be a planet krypton on Barry's universe. Maybe Superman is still in his Smallville stage in Barry's/Oliver's timeline, but somewhere after and before Rip Hunter's timeline he emerges (men of steel line in Legends) and becomes known as Superman.

Perhaps the roles are reversed, and Barry Allen of Kara's universe hasn't been struck by lightning yet.. And Barry searched for Cisco when his name is Francisco? Lol interdimensional travel

Eh, they could simply be not important enough to be found. Maybe Wells is a taxi driver in LA. Maybe Cisco died young when he was still 5 years old. Could be anything.

Joni

There are quite some possibilities, the easiest probably being that he searched for Star Labs or an equivalent and then didn't look for Cisco specifically. If he is just some YouTube blogger for instance, he isn't interesting for Barry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom