• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinpop

some of the worst tv I've had the displeasure of watching. The best part about it is that I don't have to watch it.

JeTmAn81

Just watched this. The first episode felt incredibly rushed in terms of introducing the world, but I love the fact that she emerges as a superhero, creates her costume and gets taken down by Kryptonite within a single episode. It just felt a bit refreshing compared to something like Daredevil where he takes an entire season just to get into his real costume.

That said, the villains were awful and much of the dialogue was rather clunky. Jimmy Olsen as a buff cool black dude makes zero sense. He's a freckled nerd who wears bow ties. Kara's I.T. friendzone guy seems to be the standin for that type of character, but then we have someone else who is actually Superman's best pal. Weird.

The action was great. Well choreographed with a lot of good effects. Makes me wonder what kind of standard the ongoing series will keep up as they probably put a lot of their budget into this pilot. I'd like to see Kara flying on the regular and generally giving a sense of being this incredibly powerful person.

If they can punch up the dialogue and dial down the cheese on the villains this could be worth keeping up with, but we'll see how that bears out. I love The Flash but I'm really not a fan of Arrow and so far this is definitely closer to the latter in terms of quality.

DJ_Lae

My wife and I finally got around to watching the pilot.

It's one of the worst episodes of any TV show I've seen in a long time. It makes Minority Report look like a masterpiece. Or Under the Dome.

My wife seemed a little more tolerant of it but she didn't seem particularly interested in seeing another episode. Maybe if we run out of other stuff on the DVR and are in the mood for cheese.

Joni

Jimmy Olsen as a buff cool black dude makes zero sense. He's a freckled nerd who wears bow ties.
Jimmy has looked like these dudes, all of them quite attractive. The Smallville version looks like a superhero, he could have just as well played Iceman or something. Even the old version doesn't look like a nerd outside of the bow tie.

Jimmyolsen-jacklarson.jpg
JimmyOlsen-JustinWhalin.jpg
Jimmyolsen1-lois%26clark.jpg
Jimmyolsen-smallville.jpg

Volimar

Jimmy has looked like these dudes, all of them quite attractive. The Smallville version looks like a superhero, he could have just as well played Iceman or something. Even the old version doesn't look like a nerd outside of the bow tie.

Jimmyolsen-jacklarson.jpg
JimmyOlsen-JustinWhalin.jpg
Jimmyolsen1-lois%26clark.jpg
Jimmyolsen-smallville.jpg

The Smallville one was played by Aaron Ashmore, who is the twin brother of Shawn Ashmore who plays iceman in the Xmen franchise. I know you were probably joking about him looking like Iceman, just wanted to say it's not him, it's his EVIL TWIN!!!

Joni

The Smallville one was played by Aaron Ashmore, who is the twin brother of Shawn Ashmore who plays iceman in the Xmen franchise. I know you were probably joking about him looking like Iceman, just wanted to say it's not him, it's his EVIL TWIN!!!
I know, it is why I'm joking he looked good enough to play Iceman.

New clip from episode 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67cwsCkLi2s

Episode 4 synopsis
"How Does She Do It?"

Kara’s two identities are stretched thin when Supergirl must protect National City from a series of bombings and Kara is tasked with babysitting Cat’s son, Carter. Also, James is conflicted when his ex-girlfriend Lucy Lane seeks to rekindle their relationship, on SUPERGIRL, Monday, Nov. 16 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Levi Miller guest stars as Carter Grant, Cat’s son, and Jenna Dewan-Tatum guest stars as Lucy Lane.

Also, episode 5's title was revealed:
Livewire

Apt101

Caught the pilot, really liked it. They didn't mess around with a bunch of backstory and drawn out origin. Just here are the characters, here's where they live, them bam Supergirl. Refreshing.

anaron

@LauInLA: Watched next week's #Supergirl & it's even better than the pilot. The chemistry between the characters has time to breathe - super charming!

@CarlaDay: I agree. #Supergirl ep 2 is outstanding. Moves the story along more quickly than I expected. https://t.co/b6OQ26gdZ

@theTVaholic: Liked the second episode of #Supergirl more than the "Pilot" and I liked it a lot.

@chancelloragard: I just finished watching #Supergirl ep 2. There’s some really great stuff in there and I love this show even more.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I came in and it was halfway through the first episode so I set it up to record the nightly one.

I was not impressed by the low bitrate Sky HD presentation. Horrible visual banding in the dark scenes. Just terrible :(

Mindwipe

I came in and it was halfway through the first episode so I set it up to record the nightly one.

I was not impressed by the low bitrate Sky HD presentation. Horrible visual banding in the dark scenes. Just terrible :(

Yeah, there was something fucking weird going on with the encoding. That channel should not be bit rate starved, but it looked really bad in some shots.

Supergirl: Why the Hell Does Kara Wear Glasses?
Giving Kara glasses was not a mistake. In fact, her adoptive father Jeremiah Danvers (Lois & Clark's Dean Cain) was the one who designed them for her to counteract the power of her X-Ray vision. "We actually had a scene cut from the pilot where they are lined with lead," executive producer Greg Berlanti tells TVGuide.com. "We shot a scene where she goes to school for the first day where she can hear everyone in the school, she can see through everybody. [Jeremiah] designed these glasses to help suppress her powers and make her fit in more. In a way, they sort of became a symbol of suppression and being normal."

Although Kara has since learned to control her vision, she still wears her glasses. "They've become a security item at some point," executive producer Ali Adler adds. "Taking them off is a real statement for her, physically and emotionally."

Berlanti assures us, "I'm sure we'll get to it in one of the episodes."

Finally got a chance to watch the pilot last night.

I really enjoyed it, it was charming. One thing though, I know it was the pilot but the action scenes/cg weren't the best. I hope that improves as the show goes on. All in all its good to have a show back in supermanverse

Melissa was great in the first going.

That start time kinda sucks for me though haha, Gotham is already going and MNF. Not sure how many live eps I'll be able to catch -_-

Apt101

Finally got a chance to watch the pilot last night.

I really enjoyed it, it was charming. One thing though, I know it was the pilot but the action scenes/cg weren't the best. I hope that improves as the show goes on. All in all its good to have a show back in supermanverse

Melissa was great in the first going.

That start time kinda sucks for me though haha, Gotham is already going and MNF. Not sure how many live eps I'll be able to catch -_-

Get on that Amazon or Hulu tip. Watch the eps whenever you want.

Vinter

I like what I see so far. Melissa Benoist does a great job as the lead, and I like the route they are taking with the villains.

Glad to hear that episode 2 is good, but I'm not sure why those tweets are acting like the pilot set some super high bar that is going to be tough to clear.

anaron

ha, I love the test scene clip from tonight's episide.

"no it's not because you're a woman."

"I was gonna say alien..."

I'm curious to see how everyone reacts to
the Superman (and other characters) name drops, considering how many complaints there were about it with the pilot.

I'm also curious to see if there's an Arrow/Flash-style intro.

the Superman (and other characters) name drops, considering how many complaints there were about it with the pilot.

I won't be mad, I mean they exist in the universe. Just a chance to nerd out lol

strafer

I hope they namedrop him every episode.

Would be nice if he's referred to his name rather than 'my cousin'.

I still thought the name drops were fine. And even better in that preview clip where they were able to fully say his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom