• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
SAra9wk.gif

qwv9PbG.gif
Now to edit the chat screen to something more naughty...

FrZZCbz.gif

leng jai

Have to admit the main reason I'm watching this is for Melissa Benoit - she's just absurdly cute. The show itself is just okay at the moment. The worst part is how they mention Superman every 2 seconds. It's been 3 episodes and they already need to give it a rest.

I kinda feel that too. I hope she does.

As the episode goes on, it's insane how obvious it is. And if that is not the correct interpretation, then they've ruined some incredibly emotional scenes between the two.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP. I DIDN'T EXPECT THAT THIS EARLY.
CYBORG SUPERMAN.

Wag

Why doesn't Kara use super speed? She should have easily been able to dodge that dork Reactron's beams and blows, instead she just stands there and takes it. Maybe they don't want to confuse her with The Flash?

Lol, Maxwell Lord is such a dick. "The hero that saved me... Superman."

Lol, they need to deal with the Superman problem. Either show him or stop mentioning him. This is so weird. It's like... Kara and Clark have sell m zero intersections with one another.

The show gets more live viewers than Arrow and Flash combined, they just aren't on internet forums talking about it.

They're not on the internet talking about it because this show skews old as fuck in the ratings. CBS thought it could attract a younger audience with it, but it has failed badly. Double the audience of Gotham and only 0.2 higher in the demo? Time to start running Metamucil commercials during this.

IconGrist

None of that bothers me. I didn't even like Season 1 of The Flash until like 6 or 7 episodes in. I try to give a new show half a season to find its footing before deciding if I should keep watching.

Also, I thought the IM convo between Clark and Kara was cute and necessary.

Despite the constant Superman mentions, that are really getting on my nerves, I liked the episode. I groaned, when he showed up, but otherwise it's been fun. I understand that the whole stuff around Kara and finding herself and everything can be annoying for some, but I see it as growing pains of the first season. Hopefully we'll be past that by the second half of this season. My wish for the second season would be, that they lower the amount of "Superman" or "cousin" per episode. Because right now, you could play a drinking game that would rival the Mad Men drinking game. Oh, and please reshoot some of the flying-towards-camera scenes, because the current ones look really cheap.

This show just gets worse.

Also, she is an idiot, he was wrecking her in the first battle until she used a car-door shield, so next fight she decides to try tank the shots which she already knows not gonna work.

And fuck that IM chat, if gonna be giving Superman a voice then wheel him out in full glory.

Why doesn't Kara use super speed? She should have easily been able to dodge that dork Reactron's beams and blows, instead she just stands there and takes it. Maybe they don't want to confuse her with The Flash?
I think I'll be perfectly fine if they take that tool away from her power set. Previous TV series seem to abuse it mainly because they didn't have the means to portray flight effectively, and I think having it -and- everything else just makes the character too overpowered.

Plus, if Kara has it, then all the Kryptonian villains have to have it also.

Joni

Making her slower also gives the advantage of Superman not being able to show up because he isn't fast enough to be everywhere.

I took Henshaw's red eyes reaction in episode 3 to be him detecting that Alex was using the computers to help with the Reactron situation, when she wasn't supposed to. One of his things in the comics was being able to control/interact with any electronic device.

But yeah, Henshaw can't be up to any good. He hates Superman in the comics, and blames him for his family dying. Now he's the head of a department that hunts aliens, and he mentions that some people don't like Superman, and he has a shitload of Kryptonite...

Joni

Still, that would seem like a repetition of the Reverse Flash. I hope he turns out semi-good, not all-evil.
Also, if they're watching Homeland, did they notice their CIA boss looks a lot like the CIA boss in the show?

Still, that would seem like a repetition of the Reverse Flash. I hope he turns out semi-good, not all-evil.
Also, if they're watching Homeland, did they notice their CIA boss looks a lot like the CIA boss in the show?
You mean Estes? It's the same actor.

Benoist herself was also briefly on Homeland, so it seems like that's the new show Berlanti is going to pull from, after Spartacus, Glee, and Prison Break.

Joni

You mean Estes? It's the same actor.
I know. We were talking a bit higher about the awkward scene where Benoist appeared topless but the fact their boss looks exactly like one of the actors on the show should also be funny.

Benoist herself was also briefly on Homeland, so it seems like that's the new show Berlanti is going to pull from, after Spartacus, Glee, and Prison Break.
No. Harewood would be covered under the Doctor Who clause. So it remains Spartacus, Glee, Doctor Who and Prison Break. Doctor Who gave us Malcolm, Momma Canary, Henshaw and Rip Hunter. Which is fine, because I don't see a need to pick up any real Homeland actors.

THe amount of buzz on this forum already tells me enough. People aren't talking about like they did with Flash and Arrow season 1 and it certainly hasn't earned a reason for that much discussion.

Because 3 episodes in it's really bad, some people might like it but IMO Supergirl 3 episodes in is worse than Marvel Agents of Shield season 1..

Being negative about television is always both right and necessary. ;)

We need to let the world know that we don't like a female superehero on - no wait that sounds sexist - that they changed Jimmy Olsen to a black - oh wait, no again - that, uh, we don't like what they are doing to the character!

I feel the tune would be changed if the rumor that Gemma Atkinson was in the runnings to be cast turned out true.

Because 3 episodes in it's really bad, some people might like it but IMO Supergirl 3 episodes in is worse than Marvel Agents of Shield season 1..

Woah, hold up. I've found this pretty disappointing so far but let's not go crazy here.

We need to let the world know that we don't like a female superehero on - no wait that sounds sexist - that they changed Jimmy Olsen to a black - oh wait, no again - that, uh, we don't like what they are doing to the character!

I feel the tune would be changed if the rumor that Gemma Atkinson was in the runnings to be cast turned out true.

Yawn. The fact that racist and sexist assholes exist doesn't make this a great, or even good, show. Maybe it gets there, but it has a lot of problems right now.

Finally saw episode 3, I really dislike how they handle Superman, I rather have no superman than this, is just silly and dumb. The show is OK thanks to Melissa but so far is not as good as I want it to be.

Finally saw episode 3, I really dislike how they handle Superman, I rather have no superman than this, is just silly and dumb. The show is OK thanks to Melissa but so far is not as good as I want it to be.

I won't presume to speak for anybody but myself, but I would have been fine with the show never even mentioning Superman.

Joni

I was saying it since the announcement, it should never have featured Superman at all, not even in the backstory unless it involved him being killed years ago. I might have been saying that because of the Arrowverse potential in that case, but it would have made the show better. It could still have had the nobody taking her seriously part.

anaron

Can you say what people are praising the show for? I don't see anyone complimenting the writing, acting, CGI, action, etc. The only praise so far seems to be that Supergirl is hot hot hot (so is James).
I'm loving the relationship between Kara and Alex and her dynamic with Cat is for me far more interesting than other superhero shows similar "my boss doesn't know! lol" situations

Xemnas89

There's alot about this show I really like I just think it needs time to iron out the kinks. Now that it's airing the crew knows what works and what doesn't and in theory future episodes will be better for it. I feel like it's better than the first few episodes of Arrow but I think Flash had the better start. They just need to work on the fight scenes and find their focus and things will be fine.

Joni

I wonder if they were forced to include Superman because of the DC movies coming out?

That is something that has never been said in relation to DC Comics. Considering the movies I'm surprised they get to mention Superman that much.

anaron

There's alot about this show I really like I just think it needs time to iron out the kinks. Now that it's airing the crew knows what works and what doesn't and in theory future episodes will be better for it. I feel like it's better than the first few episodes of Arrow but I think Flash had the better start. They just need to work on the fight scenes and find their focus and things will be fine.

Yep. it's why I'm most eager to see how the show looks around the midway point because it's clear they have areas they need to improve and they know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom