• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Supergirl |OT| Adventure Runs in the Family - Mondays 8/7c on CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Red Tornado tomorrow

Supergirl vs Red Tornado on broadcast TV

:3
Too bad he looks like this...

red-tornado-comparison-jpg.jpg

A half decent cosplayer could do better than this with like $300.

TheOddOne

- TVInsider: CBS Orders Seven More Episodes of Supergirl (From TVGuide tweet)
Supergirl will fly high through at least the remainder of this season.

CBS is set to announce this morning that the comic book drama has been given an order of seven additional episodes, bringing its freshman tally to 20. That's slightly below the standard 22-episode season, but Supergirl began later in the fall (on Oct. 26), which means the network didn't need quite as many episodes.
Edit: Better source:

- Deadline: ‘Supergirl’ Gets Order For 7 More Episodes From CBS.

Effect

Can't tell if this is good or bad.

It's good. As it says Supegirl started later in the season so 22 episodes isn't really needed or might not be best. With 20 it likely ends at a similar point as other shows so a different show can start at the same time as the others come the spring.

Solved my concerns regarding the newest episode. People this is a spoiler, maybe a big one but perhaps one you might want to see if you have major concerns with Red Tornado.

DaveH

Glad we're getting extra episodes!

People are saying it might get cancelled.

In response to it getting 7 more episodes? Why commit to ordering more if planning or anticipating cancellation? Studios are generally pretty good about avoiding the sunk-cost fallacy with freshman shows. Entire seasons can be shot and ready to go, but they'll cancel and not air the already finished show if it isn't getting traction... they won't invest any additional airtime into a dead show, so why would they invest into additional episodes for a show they plan to cancel?

Penguin

Strange, none of the Odd ones posted

But new episode tonight, "Red Faced"

Personal and professional stress get the better of Kara when she goes too far during a training exercise against Red Tornado, a military cyborg commissioned by Lucy Lane's father, General Sam Lane, on Supergirl, Monday, Nov. 30 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET) on CBS.

They really need to cut these episodes to around 14-15 so filler isn't needed. It's a big drag on these shows (other than the love crap)

But the filler is where a lot of the fun is. They can bring in more characters and do little, self-contained stories that wouldn't get any screen time otherwise if they just focused on one big plot the whole season. It can also help with character development, and also helps keep things fresh and different.

While I love the Marvel shows on Netflix, I wish they had some filler instead of dragging one story along for 13 episodes. They're like movies stretched to 13 hours.

Satch

Banned
i love character moments tbh
thats my favorite part of super hero stories: how they interact with the little people

ivysaur12

Banned
CBS didn't really need 22 of Supergirl, for what it's worth. They already kind of screwed themselves over by ordering so many new shows.

Shaanyboi

Banned
The effects are fine. But unless he is going to be obscured by wind effects and quick cuts in most of his appearances, he still looks like crap.
he's a prototype designed to be a punching bag though.

ETA: FULL SEASON ORDER YAY! :)
Again... still looks like crap. Like we're talking Season 1 Agents of SHIELD Deathlok-tier.

The design improved a LOT for Season 2, but it still doesn't excuse the shittiness of that first design.

Speaking of Asturd, I'm waiting for my MOS-esque Supergirl vs Astra fight:
tumblr_muryltSznm1qa3oruo4_250.gif

As long as it's not more clumsy wirework like their first fight...

Joni

CBS didn't really need 22 of Supergirl, for what it's worth. They already kind of screwed themselves over by ordering so many new shows.
Oh wow, just saw their mid-season. They're premiering stuff until April. I didn't even remember there was another Criminal Minds coming, or that The Odd Couple is still alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom